What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's good on Netflix?

Styles clash

Juniors
After season 2 read Wikipedia episode plots except season 3 finale and final 3 episodes of season 4 which I watched. Made the right decision. It was an enjoyable ending.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Mrs wanted to watch Good Girls

3 suburban Mums with money troubles rob a supermarket. It’s fairly light and easy to watch but has a bit of dark humor mixed in. As far as things that’s your Mrs will want to watch this is one of the better ones.

T-Boon

Coach
What are you watching on Stan?

I have both of them but am currently watching more shows on Binge as I've only just got it.

I keep watching Better Call Saul, Deadwood and Seinfeld. The big difference is I think the movie selection is better on Stan now than on Netflix.
Netflix has probably suffered from Covid more.

Matua

Bench
I keep watching Better Call Saul, Deadwood and Seinfeld. The big difference is I think the movie selection is better on Stan now than on Netflix.
Netflix has probably suffered from Covid more.
I don't watch Better Call Saul (made it until about mid way through S2), have watched Deadwood twice and enjoy Seinfeld enough but not for an entire rewatch. I'm quite keen to watch Gangs of London though.

Wow, I've never felt they've had a good movie selection on Stan. We must like different kinds of films.

Anyway, I think I'm quite cyclical, will watch a bunch on one streamer and therefore notice other shows and watch them, then move on to the next streamer.

soc123_au

Staff member
I don't watch Better Call Saul (made it until about mid way through S2), have watched Deadwood twice and enjoy Seinfeld enough but not for an entire rewatch. I'm quite keen to watch Gangs of London though.

Wow, I've never felt they've had a good movie selection on Stan. We must like different kinds of films.

Anyway, I think I'm quite cyclical, will watch a bunch on one streamer and therefore notice other shows and watch them, then move on to the next streamer.

Gangs of London is great, well worth watching.

You didn't like Better Call Saul? It's a slow burn, but I am of the opinion that it is ahead of Breaking Bad. I can't wait for the final season to drop.

Styles clash

Juniors
Better Call Saul is the best drama still making new episodes.

Have Netflix through a relative and torrent everything else. If they quit I'd probably torrent everything. Guess I'm old fashioned. There's comedies I've watched on Netflix that I wouldn't have watched if I had to intentionally acquire them. Someone should do a study on streaming behaviour.

Valheru

Coach
Better Call Saul is the best drama still making new episodes.

Have Netflix through a relative and torrent everything else. If they quit I'd probably torrent everything. Guess I'm old fashioned. There's comedies I've watched on Netflix that I wouldn't have watched if I had to intentionally acquire them. Someone should do a study on streaming behaviour.

I'm surprised people still use torrents these days for anything other than the most niche content.

For like $50 a month you can have a subscription to 3 or 4 streaming services that will give you more content than you're ever likely to go through. Then there are the free ones like SBS, channel 7 etc. Which between them have a fairly good library.

Styles clash

Juniors
Have paid for and streamed WWE Network often. It has much that is not on torrent sites. Used free SBS On Demand stream once. Had ads in the episode. Haven't tried since.

Was in my late teens when torrents exploded in the mid-2000s so its probably a big habit. I imagine 18-year-olds don't torrent as much now.

Aside from saving money there are other benefits to torrents. When you have to click, click, type title, click, wait a while for files to download, it creates a filter where you go "Is this really worth watching?". Which is useful in my 30s trying to be more conscious and discerning of watch I watch. Picture never suffers due to the internet connection. And while not the main reason I torrent, when you stream a big company is getting a second-by-second record of what you watch.

Matua

Bench
Gangs of London is great, well worth watching.

You didn't like Better Call Saul? It's a slow burn, but I am of the opinion that it is ahead of Breaking Bad. I can't wait for the final season to drop.
I didn't drink The Breaking Bad kool aid. Liked it enough as a show, but it never nudged the top tier for me, and a lot of the stuff it did (and is famous for) had been done by The Shield a few years earlier (and better IMHO).

Not sure what happened with Better Call Saul as I always liked the character on Breaking Bad and I gave it a good nudge, but I just stopped watching it one day and have never felt the urge to start watching again.

Will watch Gangs of London when I finish Raised By Wolves.

Matua

Bench
I'm surprised people still use torrents these days for anything other than the most niche content.

For like $50 a month you can have a subscription to 3 or 4 streaming services that will give you more content than you're ever likely to go through. Then there are the free ones like SBS, channel 7 etc. Which between them have a fairly good library.
You don't really need to pay $50 if you're strategic, I have Netflix, Stan, Apple TV, Disney Plus, Amazon and I only pay about $20 through sharing the accounts with a mate.

Mr Spock!

Referee
You don't really need to pay $50 if you're strategic, I have Netflix, Stan, Apple TV, Disney Plus, Amazon and I only pay about $20 through sharing the accounts with a mate.
I watch more Amazon than Disney Plus, Stan and Netflix. There's some hidden gems on there.

They really do need to improve their interface.

Latest posts