What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the big change

* New Attitude
* Different tactics
* No Price in the team
* Confidence amongst themselves to play their own game
* Growing beards again

Cant put my finger on it but great to see

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Clearly the defensive approach the coaches have come up with is paying dividends now.

Well done players. Well done to the coaches, too.

ozreece77

Juniors
Kevin Locke's courageous try against the Roosters.

I think some of the players took a good look at themselves after that game and probably felt they werent giving 100%.

Ever since that game we have conceded 6 points a game.

Rich102

Staff member
For me a big part of the improved performance is down to the new halves signings. Maloney is just what we needed: he talks, distributes, kicks well and is aggressive. Seymour will only get better and Isaac John has been a revelation.

All of a sudden our centres are getting the ball with a bit of room to move.

Also, with our major Aussie signings AWOL, the rest of the team have lifted.

Shows what can happen when young players are given a chance.

Skinner

Coach
It has been said around the traps a bit and I do agree with it; Maloney really has been an outstanding buy and a superb perforner. You always take a risk when you buy young unheralded players, but he really is the goods. Unfortunately Seymour has had a run of injury but when he is clear of that then they should be an awsome pairing.

Scott

Bench
Self belief plays a big part in it.
Also the experience factor. Guys like Packer, Matulino, Heremaia have really gone to a new level and that just comes from stringing games together.

All in all, i think everyone, from the coach to the rookie players have really just upped the ante across the board.

Long may it continue!!

joseph1

Juniors
Yeah we need to give Packer Heremaia and Matulino credit for the way theyve gone to the next level in the last 6 weeks. And Taai and Brown the couple of weeks before

Martli

Coach
Definitely. It's meant all our props have had to step up, and they more or less have. They would have had to have done this next season had Price played this season.

ozbash

Referee
we havnt missed Pricey 1 iota this season.

the big change is consistency from the coaching staff which has filtered down through the team.

Got a lot of time for John Ackland but Iro is a big reason behind our turnaround.

We wernt looking flash early on...