What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the difference between the booing of adam goodes, buddy & the booing of latrell?!

soc123_au

Staff member
That isnt true, there's plenty of times on here someone will throw in a 'was he with a man', or some other underhand same sex act type jibes that intimate a connection between something bad and being gay. The comment this week in the Kent thread just the latest.
Its more immaturity and stupidity than homophobia probably, but to say it still doesnt happen on a semi regular basis on here is a falsehood.
The bolded part would apply to the "certain sense of humour" part. That kind of humour may not be your cup of tea, but it doesn't change the intent.

If you are the type of person who views homosexuality as a bad thing then I can see how you came to that conclusion. For those of us who are happy for people to consensually bump uglies with whoever they want it's a non issue.

No1_Eel

Juniors
We have racism and in particular racism against indigenous people but most Aussies like to live a lie that it doesn’t exist. “Get over it, it’s just a game.” My mate isn’t from Australia and can’t believe the criticism Latrell cops. It’s embarrassing.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
We have racism and in particular racism against indigenous people but most Aussies like to live a lie that it doesn’t exist. “Get over it, it’s just a game.” My mate isn’t from Australia and can’t believe the criticism Latrell cops. It’s embarrassing.
If fatty wasnt a shit bloke he wouldn’t cop it, Preston Campbell never got boo’d or insulted, wonder why.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Alright mate. Keep those opinions with your old bogan mates over a few VB’s. They will listen to you and make you feel justified I’m sure.
Bit hypocritical you putting me in the VB crowd when you know nothing about me. I ain’t even Australian.

No1_Eel

Juniors
Bit hypocritical you putting me in the VB crowd when you know nothing about me. I ain’t even Australian.
Oh this old arguement. Heard this from many a bogan. Now you are triggered because I thought you drink VB. Classic. Comparing racism to something trivial. You don’t have to be “Australian” to be bogan.

Look at you pretending you've got a mate. Go you!!

Maximus

Coach

It sounds awfully racist to ban booing of someone because of the colour of their skin.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
If fatty wasnt a shit bloke he wouldn’t cop it, Preston Campbell never got boo’d or insulted, wonder why.
Exactly, what about the abuse Wally and Gallen copped, what about the shit that gets put on Anasta. Its the same for LM most of it is not racist. Its about perceptions. I have seen people called racist for simply saying LM is not a good FB, after admitting he was a great centre.
If LM perceives booing as racist, then some of the problem rests with him and not understanding why he is getting booed. Same as Goodes

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
That isnt true, there's plenty of times on here someone will throw in a 'was he with a man', or some other underhand same sex act type jibes that intimate a connection between something bad and being gay. The comment this week in the Kent thread just the latest.
Its more immaturity and stupidity than homophobia probably, but to say it still doesnt happen on a semi regular basis on here is a falsehood.

Ha ha, no it isn't. You just don't understand banter and a certain style of humour, running jokes are a thing, Suspend Ryles & Never heard of the f**ker etc etc. The Lesbian quip is one of those.

I agree with @soc123_au here. While I understand that jokes about gayness can insinuate that being gay is bad and could upset some youngsters reading, IMO once we hit adulthood, gay discourse is the glue between gay and straight relationships. While it's nice of allies to stand up for the gay community when jokes arise, 99% of jokes simply aren't anti-gay. I've found that those that have been able to joke and laugh with me, and at me have always been my greatest defenders and supporters and the ones that would fight for my inclusion. I would hate it if my friends stopped side-eyeing me when I order the loaded hot dog at Caribou for fear of cancellation.

Those that have displayed homophobia never display banter and nuance. It's just disgust and hatred from the get go, and most of us can identify that.

I've not experienced any actual homophobia in the game day threads - the posters in there celebrate my internet being more than most of my extended family celebrate my physical existence. Again, the trend is, those that can laugh with and at me are the supporters - it's been the same everywhere I've been.

The only homophobia I've seen on the forum was in last years jersey thread where a few people were staunchly supporting the Manly 7.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Alright mate. Keep those opinions with your old bogan mates over a few VB’s. They will listen to you and make you feel justified I’m sure.

My brother in Christ they may not tell you this in the compulsory social justice unit of your modern arts degree but did you know that every legal instrument in this country considers that unlawful discrimination may be based on many things, including race, but also cultural background, social background or social and socioeconomic standing, and age?

Worth noting

Bazal

Post Whore
I agree with @soc123_au here. While I understand that jokes about gayness can insinuate that being gay is bad and could upset some youngsters reading, IMO once we hit adulthood, gay discourse is the glue between gay and straight relationships. While it's nice of allies to stand up for the gay community when jokes arise, 99% of jokes simply aren't anti-gay. I've found that those that have been able to joke and laugh with me, and at me have always been my greatest defenders and supporters and the ones that would fight for my inclusion. I would hate it if my friends stopped side-eyeing me when I order the loaded hot dog at Caribou for fear of cancellation.

Those that have displayed homophobia never display banter and nuance. It's just disgust and hatred from the get go, and most of us can identify that.

I've not experienced any actual homophobia in the game day threads - the posters in there celebrate my internet being more than most of my extended family celebrate my physical existence. Again, the trend is, those that can laugh with and at me are the supporters - it's been the same everywhere I've been.

The only homophobia I've seen on the forum was in last years jersey thread where a few people were staunchly supporting the Manly 7.

I'll load your hotdog...

jack coburn

Juniors
You need to educate your mate on what a grub is and why people respond to them.
If it's racist to boo LM then as has been said why aren't all Koori lads booed .
Fact is we have a few gronks in the NRL and they all get booed and LM is one of them.
The fact he was a grub at the roosters and now he is a self entitled grub at souths who has been put on a pedestal and thinks he's untouchable doesn't help his cause.
Ill boo JWH i booed Gallen and Bird , i booed Smith,slater and that grub munster and i'll continue to boo players who do grubby shit . No one gets special treatment me.