What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what's the real reason?

Fibroman

First Grade
As a player, at his peak, I still rate Freddy a shade in front of Joey. It's probably Joey's goal kicking on top of his other attributes that has him widely accepted as the games best.

Fibroman-I loved how you took it took the roosters site the other week against Cat.Omni[I think it was you?
anyways-I really have to say that Johns at his peak v Half a Game freddie is a no contest.Johns wins hands down if only for the mental side of the game
Some one mentioned Fiddlers public speaking ability-Its not existant.I think he is as smart as a bit of cardboard :lol:

OH...MY......GOD!.....JOEY LIVES! :shock:

Fibroman

First Grade
I say that about Freddie, because of his versatility. In his peak, he had speed and strength. He was very versatile. If need be, Freddie could have slotted into the back row of the scrum, or filled in at centre ( where he started his career ). Joey's short kicking game is superior to Freddies, and his goal kicking is a definate plus. I think Freddie matches Joey in his passing game and is a shade in front of him in his running game. They are both great defensive players. I would definately put Joey in front of Freddie now, but Freddie is a couple of years past his peak, and in his peak I believe he was as good as Joey. That's just my opinion. I say that in respect to his rugby league ability. As I said earlier in this thread, he has turned into a Yuppie, and thinks he is a pretty boy now, when really he is just a westie, and as you say Holla, his public speaking ability in virtually non-existent.

JJ

Immortal
All strange this stuff - I'm a Penrith fan from NZ, and never went off Fittler. It's a professional game, and he was offerred good money to play, what should he have done.

Nobody knows his reasons for leaving apart from him - but as for Super League, it was wrong, it nearly ruined the game, and at the end of the day for all the BS the ARL comp was superior!

roofromoz

First Grade
I thought at the time that it was pretty black and white... Penrith had gone to Superleague, and Freddie was loyal to the ARL, so obviously Freddie had to find a new club.

As for my personal feelings towards him, I liked him as a player, and even though he was a loss to the Panthers from 1996 onwards, I never really missed him.

He also wasn't my favourite player at the time. It was Ryan Girdler... and it is still is!

:)

Panther

Juniors
I dont hate Fittler in fact dont even dislike him There;s no doubt he has been a great player but I rate Brandy better.As for leaving Penrith he was not the first and wont be last.A professional playet gets one body and if he's lucky about 10 years to make the best of it in the top grade.If the ARL offered him a shitload of cash as suggested in this thread he would be crazy no to take it.

Latest posts