What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's wrong with Penrith?

What's wrong with Penrith?

• Under-performing players

Votes: 47 66.2%
  • Matt Elliot is a disgrace

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • The referees are the problem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Side's always lift against 'quality opposition'... ;)

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

pantherz9103

First Grade
The team's attitude is as bad as the final two years under Lang and now we have a worse coach and worse playing roster (notably no Campbell anymore).

Grail

Juniors
You need another option - They're crap. At the moment, I wouldn't really say they are underperforming. They aren't really good enough to perform better.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Deniella and Jennings work well together and also work well with frank Pritchard..

Lewis was terrible tonight and so is the other winger Youngquest..

They'll have a good team next season..

1. Wesser
2. Gordon
3. Lewis
4. Jennings
5. Deniella
6. Richie Williams
7. Brett Firman
8. Tim Grant
9. Paul Aiton
10. Petro
11. Prithcard
12. Tony Puletua
13. Rodney

the 6 and 7 are the worries.... but the rest are not too bad at all...

badav

Bench
Penrith are an Enigma. On their best days theyve beaten the Cowboys and Manly. But on their worst days they are the worst team in the comp by the length of the straight. Really think they need a cleanout in the playing ranks though, theyve made the right move letting gower go, however their replacement options at half and 5/8th are looking dire if Firman can get a run in first grade.

next year they could have the worst problem you can have when you have so much quality in the outside backs, but poor halves that don't give them quality ball, it's fair to say the Dragons have that problem at the moment.

Charlie124

First Grade
Y2Eel said:
Deniella and Jennings work well together and also work well with frank Pritchard..

Lewis was terrible tonight and so is the other winger Youngquest..

They'll have a good team next season..

1. Wesser
2. Gordon
3. Lewis
4. Jennings
5. Deniella
6. Richie Williams
7. Brett Firman
8. Tim Grant
9. Paul Aiton
10. Petro
11. Prithcard
12. Tony Puletua
13. Rodney

the 6 and 7 are the worries.... but the rest are not too bad at all...

Didnt they sign Woolnough as well?

BrisVegas

Juniors
Their front office simply isn't up to the task of managing a team at an NRL level. If you look at the clubs which consistently perform well over a 5-10 year period, it's those that have a talented administration which make the 8 year after year. Penrith can occasionally jag a decent year of performance if they luck into the right mix of youthful exuberance and experience, but for every 2 years they spend on top of the table they will spend another 8 in the cellar as also rans wondering how it all went so wrong.

Look at their recruitment for '08, the had lost numerous promising players and the only reason they were able to snag Petro was that Gower called it quits.

People can rave about how talented the Penrith juniors are till they are blue in the face, but without the correct environment to nurture said talent, it's really all hypothetical (as I'm sure South Sydney fans are painfully aware of).

richie8u

Juniors
BrisVegas said:
Their front office simply isn't up to the task of managing a team at an NRL level. If you look at the clubs which consistently perform well over a 5-10 year period, it's those that have a talented administration which make the 8 year after year. Penrith can occasionally jag a decent year of performance if they luck into the right mix of youthful exuberance and experience, but for every 2 years they spend on top of the table they will spend another 8 in the cellar as also rans wondering how it all went so wrong.

Look at their recruitment for '08, the had lost numerous promising players and the only reason they were able to snag Petro was that Gower called it quits.

People can rave about how talented the Penrith juniors are till they are blue in the face, but without the correct environment to nurture said talent, it's really all hypothetical (as I'm sure South Sydney fans are painfully aware of).

You are so right, David Tapp would do a better job,

choc_soldier

Coach
:lol: It's a variety of factors.

But the main one (which I chose) is under performing players. Some of our most disappointing players this year are players that are more experienced, like T. Puletua and Gower. We need a clean out of sorts - we've started with Gower, but it needs to go further (we lose Clinton and Wallace too).

I agree on Jennings - he is a superstar in the making. I hope that Penrith stitch him up for a very long time. Daniela is showing the goods too.

The darkest light is always before dawn. Have we reached our darkest point yet? Maybe, maybe not.

But one thing must be said - we NEVER win when we're favourites (like tonight). All 4 games we have won (Bulldogs, Broncos, Cowboys and Manly), we were outsiders.

mxlegend99

Referee
It's the star players that under perform.

The likes of Gower, Wesser, Tony Puletua and Luke Priddis haven't been up to scratch this season. Although against the baby Broncos, the main proiblem was that no player seemed to know what the guy with the ball was doing. Everytime we pulled off something great, it went to sh*t when the pass was given to a player not ready for it, or who knocked it on.

On individual performances... so many guys had really good efforts. As a team. It was pityful. Only Pritchard, Jennings and Daniela looked dangerous as a team. The rest looked like they had no idea what was going on.

I must hand it to Tony Puletua. He looked at his best in quiet a while tonight. He was just alone on his side of the field when it came to the effort put in. He did his job. But Lewis and Youngquest just weren't up to pace as Daniela and Jennings were with Pritchard... and Lewis and Youngquest are both more experienced players.

TeamSatan

Juniors
Poor talent recognition....poor recruitment......no heart or desire

Firman and youngquest....gower playing the worst he ever has.

I was there last night ....i am not so sure if i can justify freezing again for that rubbish.

Latest posts