What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's wrong with Penrith?

What's wrong with Penrith?

• Under-performing players

Votes: 47 66.2%
  • Matt Elliot is a disgrace

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • The referees are the problem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Side's always lift against 'quality opposition'... ;)

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

legend

Coach
I heard Tyran Smith and Brad Drew have signed for the Panthers for next year and beyond.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Pity they all don't have the attitude of Frank Puletua

Not the greatest player talent wise but puts in every week and does all you could ask of him

Puletua and Pritchard are underperforming...Puletua is not a star and I question his leadership performance as well.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Beavers Headgear said:
Pity they all don't have the attitude of Frank Puletua

Not the greatest player talent wise but puts in every week and does all you could ask of him
Agreed, he tried his heart out again last night. If some of the other guy's showed the gut's and passion of him the Panther's would be in the top 8.

kooriguy

Juniors
i would say it all comes down to our 9, 7, 6 thats where our real problems lie, we have enourmous depth in our outside backs and forwards. when will ritchie williams get a run in first grade.. he is absolutley carving it up in premier league, scored 3 tries against cronulla yesterday and set up 2 others.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Our 1,6,7 and 9 are the positions we are very strong in, the thing is alot of these kids are very young.

Razor

Coach
None of the above. Their players aren't under-performing; they're just crap.

Last nights game was a lot closer than it should have been. The Broncos ran out 4 internationals last night.

Our 1,6,7 and 9 are the positions we are very strong in, the thing is alot of these kids are very young.

Your 9 is strong? Priddis was dropped to reserve grade due to poor performance. He used to be good, but he's too old now.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Razor said:
Your 9 is strong? Priddis was dropped to reserve grade due to poor performance. He used to be good, but he's too old now.

Keith Peters, Masada Iosefa and Lancen Joudo are all good young talents.

mxlegend99

Referee
Razor said:
Wrong. He's not playing at all. Matthew Elliot has forced him out due to injury. I'll agree he wasn't in his best form prior to that... but he hasn't been at 100% this season.

We have Paul Aiton, Keither Peters and Masada Iosefa as backup. All 3 are really good players.

Munky

Coach
Peters is pretty rubbish IMO.

I've watched him play half, lock and hooker through the grades and he dousn't really have much.

His passes last night were terrible.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Munky said:
Peters is pretty rubbish IMO.

I've watched him play half, lock and hooker through the grades and he dousn't really have much.

His passes last night were terrible.

Peters had a quiet game last night. I still believe he has alot of talent and can handle first grade in the future.

Raider_69

Post Whore
What is wrong with the Penrith Panthers?

M _ T T
_ LL _ _ T

Would you like to buy a vowel?

BuffaloRules

Coach
BrisVegas said:
Their front office simply isn't up to the task of managing a team at an NRL level. If you look at the clubs which consistently perform well over a 5-10 year period, it's those that have a talented administration which make the 8 year after year. Penrith can occasionally jag a decent year of performance if they luck into the right mix of youthful exuberance and experience, but for every 2 years they spend on top of the table they will spend another 8 in the cellar as also rans wondering how it all went so wrong.

A bit harsh...

They have managed to win a couple of premierships in the last 16 years...

Parra and St George might have made the 8 more often in that period, but with nothing to show for it...

Arguably, only Brisbane and Canterbury have done better than them since '91.. throw in Melbourne if they win it this year....

TITAN1

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
Wrong. He's not playing at all. Matthew Elliot has forced him out due to injury.

Yep keep telling yourself that,you might believe it.

Latest posts