What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite breakfast cereal?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Breakfast cereal is for suckers.

It has it's places- it's actually a pretty decent option for growing kids, and people specifically needing to carb up, but not for relatively inactive adults.

My housemate was doing a pretty serious cutting cycle a couple of months back (eating way below maintenance with near zero carbs/fat) and was also still running 15-20km each sunday for his long run. On a saturday he'd have a re-feed day to get his glycogen levels back up before the run, he'd scoff about 2/3 of a large box of nutri-grain! It worked though, he kept his running distances up and dropped a lot of weight (he's gone from 145kg a year or so back to around 100kg now).

Cliffhanger

Coach
It would be interesting to see where he's at in another six-months.

Generally speaking low-carb diets just aren't sustainable.

You just cannot survive purely on protein, you will get liver failure.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It would be interesting to see where he's at in another six-months.

Generally speaking low-carb diets just aren't sustainable.

You just cannot survive purely on protein, you will get liver failure.

He'll be fine, he's eating at maintenance now, his diet is pretty relaxed but he's running 50-60km a week so he can afford it to be. He was dropping the weight doing 2-3 week RFL cycles.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Soy is a controversial one. The Okinawans currently have the highest centenarian ratio on earth and they eat a lot of tofu and both their men and women have an above average level of sex hormones which is one of the reasons they live so long.

Danish

Referee
I eat All Bran for breakfast most days. The honey almond one, tastes good.

I step it up to either crunchy nut cornflakes or nutri-grain when I am carb loading. Maybe fruit loops if they are on special.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Soy is a controversial one. The Okinawans currently have the highest centenarian ratio on earth and they eat a lot of tofu and both their men and women have an above average level of sex hormones which is one of the reasons they live so long.

I don't seriously think there's anything wrong with soy, I just don't eat much of it cause I love dairy!

abpanther

Staff member
I tried natural yogurt in the mornings but its pretty gross.

I have quarter bowl of muesli, quarter bowl of sports plus, one sliced banana and light milk.

Is that ok?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I tend to eat a couple or so eggs, maybe a bit of yoghurt, a can of salmon or tuna and a piece of fruit like a banana for breakfast most days.

Cliffhanger

Coach
I tend to eat a couple or so eggs, maybe a bit of yoghurt, a can of salmon or tuna and a piece of fruit like a banana for breakfast most days.

Pretty healthy breakfast, salmon for breakfast is actually a really good way to go. Keeps you sharp.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day, especially if it's post work out.

Working out or running in a fasted state makes everything taste so good. I imagine it's like what food tastes like when you're high on weed.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I usually just have a shake for breakfast these days.

250ml lite milk
250ml fat-free natural yoghurt
1 scoop unflavoured WPC
1 tablespoon psyllium
1 raw egg
1 tablespoon powdered oats (if I feel like I'm gonna need some extra carbs for energy)

Usually enough to keep me going til midday.

Latest posts