What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats your worst injury?

Dmac

Juniors
Hey everybody,

I was just wondering what the worst (and most painful, annoying, embarrasing etc ) injury you have ever suffered. I ask this question because I recently broke my jaw in a trial football match. Not only is this painful but incredibly annoying. I have to eat all my meals in liquid form, and no one can understand what i am saying when i speak (which is probably a good thing :lol: ). I have to have my jaw wired for 6 weeks which should be fun. Please respond (it might make me feel better about my injury). Cheers

Andy

First Grade
They have a thread like this in the Firkin Fun Bar if you wanna have a good read.

Personally, I have too many injuries to put down in this thread at this stage, but if I get some more time later on, I'll humour you with a few.

But for now I suggest you check out the FFB. ;-)

astrogirl

First Grade
I'm a little concerned that I am going to jinx myself by saying this, but here goes...

I have had no really bad injuries. No broken bones, no dislocations or anything like that. My worst injury was a twisted knee that occurred last September when I was at the snow. Apart from the occassional twinge, it's fine.

I hope your jaw heals well Dmac

Jedda

Juniors
Mine have all be relatively minor.

Cracked ankle from falling off a bolting horse
Cut up my hand when I accidently smashed a window with my fist
2nd degree burns down my chest and legs when I spilt a bowl of boiling water over myself.

For my advancing years I don't think I've done too bad so far... :shock:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I haven't had anything major. I broke a toe at wet n wild when I was 13.

When I was 12, I was in maitland library reading a book and the cartilage in my knee poped out. Worst part was, my dad thought I had a cramp, so over 2.5 hours he was gradually straightening my leg. Which is unbarable, when your cartilage isn't in the joint. It just goes to show kids, avoid reading as it can be dangerous.

northey

First Grade
where do i start
running into a wall and breaking my foot
playing rep touch footy in orange and getting hair line fractures in both legs
getting hit in the mouth with a hockey stick and this caused my front tooth to fall out and i now have a fake tooth there, but no one can tell!!!
walking into a wall and next thing i knew i was on the floor with a huge bump on my head.
recently falling up the stairs and dislocating my knee

Andy

First Grade
Ok, I've got quite a few injury stories, so bare with me. Here goes...

* At my brother's bucks show he tried to do a runner and as I attempted to tackle him, he lifted his right knee into my face as I dived at his legs.
This dislocated my jaw, broke my nose, put a hole under my lip that went right through so you could see inside my mouth, and my teeth went down into my bottom lip to make another big hole.

My cuts required 18 stitches, and I couldn't close my mouth properly for about 3 days from the dislocation. This was bar the most painful injury I've ever had, as the mouth is the most sensitive part of the body

* When I was 13 I was seeing how high I could jump on the old trampoline. I became unbalance and fell from a great height onto the side of my left foot.

I tore the ligaments off the side of my leg but before they tore, they broke the 3 outside tentacarpels in my foot.

* Falling off my pushy when I was trying to slipstream a coal truck in the Macquarie Hills Industrial estate. I was doing approx. 60km/h behind a truck going down a hill and because of my close proximity to the truck (you need to be within about 2m of the rear of the truck to get caught in it's slipstream) I didn't see a huge pothole as my front wheel hit it.

I ended up breaking my right wrist and losing a fair bit of skin on that one.

*Sliding under a wire fence and having the wire cut down to the bone on the outside of my left lef about 15cm above the ankle.
Seeing my bone and the blood vessels severed in half aswell as spiting blood was actually worse than the pain.

*Having my bare foot get caught in a bike's spokes when being doubled down Marshall Street at Cardiff Heights, at speed. This wasn't so bad because I wasn't the only one that got hurt.

*Crashing my mate's motor bike into a retaining wall at 70km/h. I misjudged a bend in the road after it had been raining and lost control. I locked it up so the brakes were pretty useless, but don't worry, the wall stopped me pretty well.
Ended up in hospital with a few broken bones. Broken arm, cracked sternum and a few other dings aswell as a severly bruised pride.

*Coming undone during a waterskiing tournament race at about 80-90km/h. I basically caught an edge on a chop and cartwheeld for about 10 metres before plunging head first, upside down into the water.
Unfortunately my eyes were open when my head first impacted the water and I couldn't see for a day or two afterwards.
Luckily no permanent damage was done there.

*Falling off my skateboard whilst trying to rail slide a handrail at Civic park in Newcastle. I simply misjudged my attempt and ended up head first on the concrete steps.
I cracked my eye socket and looked like Rocky Balboa after 8 stitches around me eye.

*Having my head run over by my brother on his bicycle when I was 12 years old. I had to get a few stitches in my eyelid and back of my scalp, but I didn't feel the initial pain as I was knocked unconscious.

I have many more, but I'll finish with this one...

*Had a mate run over my head in the surf on his surfboard and got a nice fin chop on my melon. Nothing too complex, just a big gash requiring 14 stitches, and a lot of blood.

Andy

First Grade
Yeah, the side effects of a highly active lifestyle.

But all I can say is that I have no regrets whatsoever. :)

astrogirl

First Grade
Don't feel sorry for Andy. It's not anyone's fault but his own that he's an adrenalin junkie ;-)

the_knights_rule

First Grade
holy sh*t andy!! you have had a crap load in bad injuries! you poor guy. lol

the worst ive had is a dislocated finger, two broken toes and riding down a steep hill on my bike and runnign into a small brick wall because i didnt know how to use the brakes
:lol: :lol:

btw did anyone else see matty johns this morning on the today show? i was watching it just before school and he tried out skateboarding and he feel off quite a few times. i think he whacked his head on the ramp twice and he also got a huge cut on his wrist which required 6 stitches

garden fairy

Juniors
My worst injury would probably have to be the back injury I have at the moment - which unfortunately I'll have for the rest of my life. I have a few bulging discs in my spine, which like to pop in and out whenever they feel like it. And guess how I managed to sustain that injury...

TOO MUCH SLEEP. I think, anyway. I woke up one morning, and I was in a lot of pain. By the end of the day, I couldn't walk.

Andy

First Grade
garden fairy said:
My worst injury would probably have to be the back injury I have at the moment - which unfortunately I'll have for the rest of my life. I have a few bulging discs in my spine, which like to pop in and out whenever they feel like it. And guess how I managed to sustain that injury...

TOO MUCH SLEEP. I think, anyway. I woke up one morning, and I was in a lot of pain. By the end of the day, I couldn't walk.

95% or more of back injuries are degenerative garden fairy. Small injuries that keep accumulating over time until one day you do something very little, but it's like the sraw that broke the camel's back to use a good analogy.

You say you injured your back while you slept. This is most likely true, but most of the damage would have been there already, and sleeping in a wrong position or posture for a night may have been that little bit extra to push your back past its limit.

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
Broken leg. I broke it when I jumped off a cubby house at pre-school. :oops: The teachers told me it was just bruised and when I said it hurt more than that, they made me walk the length of the classroom in front of the whole class for back-chatting. I did that and cried, and then they yelled at me. Child abuse hehe! The look on their faces a few days later when I came in with a plastered leg was pretty priceless.

NC

Juniors
*Twisted knee that I got from playing Soccer three years ago. Ran into an opponent. It's not that bad anymore, still can get sore when I play sport but nothing too serious.

*Dislocated pinky. Back in the days where me and my older brothers use to watch alot of wrestling. One of my brothers tried to do a move on me but I wasn't ready and *crack* looked at my pinky and it wasn't a pretty sight!

*Broken nose from years ago. You can't tell that it's been broken though which is heaps good :D

*2 weeks ago, I absolutely have no idea what happened, can't remember a thing, but my right foot got cut and I had to get 10 stitches.

*thinks* There's heaps more... but I can't be bothered.

Latest posts