What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whatuira, Marshall & Ryles

Misty Bee

First Grade
Whatuira
According to C9, Gasnier is the best centre in the world. Tonight, he scored 3 tries against a turnstile with crook shoulders. Meanwhile, Paul Whauira scored 3 tries against the best centre in the world.

Therefore, Whatuira, IMHO, tonight gained that crown. A vastly underrated player.

Marshall
A turnstile. Just like Lockyer. But can Lockyer set up tries like that? Benji's pass to Marshall was only matched by 2 last year: his own to Richards in the GF, and Johns to Buderis in Origin 2.

By the end of the year, Benji Marshall will be worth more on the open market than Lockyer.

Ryles
He reminds me of that song in Wizard Of Oz "If I Only Had A Brain". The guy would be sensational is he wasn't suck a stupid idiot! Lose the ball, have a tantrum that ends in a brawl, abuses the touchie, and wonders why he's in the bin!!!!! Compared to him, Gordon Tallis is Stephen Hawking!

Saints cannot win the comp with 1) Ryles in the side, 2) Barrett as captain. Apart from that, they are a bloody good football side.

I pity you when Bailey goes. He's class.

thuganomics

Coach
Misty Bee said:
Whatuira
According to C9, Gasnier is the best centre in the world. Tonight, he scored 3 tries against a turnstile with crook shoulders. Meanwhile, Paul Whauira scored 3 tries against the best centre in the world.

Therefore, Whatuira, IMHO, tonight gained that crown. A vastly underrated player.

I still rate Gasnier ahead of him. Thats a pretty stupid conclustion you have come up with there in my opinion.

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Marshall
A turnstile. Just like Lockyer. But can Lockyer set up tries like that? Benji's pass to Marshall was only matched by 2 last year: his own to Richards in the GF, and Johns to Buderis in Origin 2.

By the end of the year, Benji Marshall will be worth more on the open market than Lockyer.

so what?

Who taught Jane Ryles to fight?. Barrett . Geez he wouldn't bruise a grape . No wonder he was no where near Webb when he was roughing up Bails in origin last yr. .. The biggest sook in league ,closely followed by his overrated Captain.

Big Pete

Referee
Lockyer doesn't hide on the wing all night and Benji doesn't have all of Lockyers responsibilty. Benji is a exciting player, but not in that class just yet.

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Just a comparison, Charles. ;-)

well then here is a comparisson for you.
See which device plays your 1986 GF tape at a higher quality...

Beta
or
VHS

Hurriflatch

Referee
I'll give Ryles some credit

at least he hits you with his handbag when your facing him

Barrett hits you with a handbag from behind.

OVP

Coach
Whatuira is amazing.

I remember John Lang in Christmas 2002 at my uncles place. John was going on and on about some Kiwi Penrith bought ... he's NEVER seen a better attitude in his whole life. In 2003 he got a premiership ring with John Lang ... was booted after 2004, for some unknown reason, and got another one in 2005.

This guy has slipped under EVERYONE's radar. No wonder NZ kicked the crap out of us, its hardly surprising when this guy is NEVER mentioned as the best centre. But imo, he's the number 1 atm, by a LONG way.

mepelthwack

Juniors
Has lockyer had 3 busted shoulders in a couple of seasons?

Benjis defence will be just fine once healed fully. He even made 4 straight tackles tonight in the 2nd half. His timining in defence was worse than the defence itself, if you know what I mean and that comes from lack of match practice.

Inferno

Coach
someone could easily be underated and the best. Consider the tigers last year for example.

Tommy Smith

Referee
OVP said:
Whatuira is amazing.

I remember John Lang in Christmas 2002 at my uncles place. John was going on and on about some Kiwi Penrith bought ... he's NEVER seen a better attitude in his whole life. In 2003 he got a premiership ring with John Lang ... was booted after 2004, for some unknown reason, and got another one in 2005.

This guy has slipped under EVERYONE's radar. No wonder NZ kicked the crap out of us, its hardly surprising when this guy is NEVER mentioned as the best centre. But imo, he's the number 1 atm, by a LONG way.
Steady on. Whether he's the best or not is debatable; but the best by a long way? You're kidding.

Would you seriously trade Crossy or Sia for him?

OVP

Coach
Tommy Smith said:
Steady on. Whether he's the best or not is debatable; but the best by a long way? You're kidding.

Would you seriously trade Crossy or Sia for him?

No i wouldnt. OK i went too far ... but he's sure as sh*t better than the other Rep centres around today.

Big Pete

Referee
...what are you on about?

Whatuira is above-solid but the best players are the players that can step up in International which I havn't seen Whatuira do yet. He outplayed Gasnier and Cooper tonight, however that was one match.

Latest posts