What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whatuira, Marshall & Ryles

Big Pete

Referee
You wouldn't trade him for Ryan Cross yet he is better than Cooper and Gasnier? You've lost me OVP.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
mepelthwack said:
Has lockyer had 3 busted shoulders in a couple of seasons?

Benjis defence will be just fine once healed fully. He even made 4 straight tackles tonight in the 2nd half. His timining in defence was worse than the defence itself, if you know what I mean and that comes from lack of match practice.

He was a bad defender even before those injuries, but his attack easily makes up for it, plus he's still very young. Unlike Lockyer who's just an old turnstile who offers very little in attack anymore. Benji is miles better.

OVP

Coach
Big Pete said:
...what are you on about?

Whatuira is above-solid but the best players are the players that can step up in International which I havn't seen Whatuira do yet. He outplayed Gasnier and Cooper tonight, however that was one match.

Whatuira IS a current international. He plays for NZ ... who smashed us, Australia. Hang on ... Bonkos supporter ... reads mind ... oh im terribly sorry for NOT saying Munchkin Berrigan and Jawbone Pete Tate are the best EVER.

Jesus H Christ ... whatever WAS i thinking !! :roll:

If Paul Whatuira is the best centre in the world...then Benji Marshall is the best Prop-forward in the world!!

Equally daft things to say...Whatuira may have JUST outplayed Gasnier tonight...but - tries are NOT the sum-total of a player's contribution to a team, I am afraid Misty Bee! That's a VERY simplistic, and thoroughly incorrect way to look at things!

As for Lockyer v marshall - Oh, PLEASE!!! Give me Lockyer in my side - ANY day!! 200 times out of 100.

He's been there, and one that...for a LOT longer than Benji Marshall has! Comparing them at this stage of Marshall's career is an absolute farce. And what's more - Benji himself would honestly tell you that!!

Ryles - well your point there, ok - 1 outta 3 ain't bad!!...Oh, no hang on wait - Yes it is!

Even a stopped watch is right twice a day, though...

:lol:

Balmain_Boy

The thing that separates Whatuira from Gasnier and Cooper is that he is a team player. Not saying those blokes are selfish, I just don't think they add to the cohesion of the Saints. Fatz does for us. I wouldn't swap him for Gasnier, I might for Cooper or Lyon.

OVP

Coach
Big Pete said:
You wouldn't trade him for Ryan Cross yet he is better than Cooper and Gasnier? You've lost me OVP.

Why would i trade anyone for a Roosters junior ? Get a grip, you know who i support. Also Sia Soliola WILL partner Whatuira in the NZ centres this year as well. Watch.

Big Pete

Referee
When did I ever say either were the best ever? Making assumptions because you couldn't come up with a better argument why you'd prefer Ryan Cross over the supposed No.1 Centre of the game?

And wow Whatuira made the kiwi team. What did he do though? Whatuira was solid, not a game breaker in any of the games. Not a No. 1 Centre.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I respect your opinion Misty Bee but in my opinion saying we can't win it with Barrett as captain is very presumptius & silly, since you wouldn't have a clue what happens behind the scenes.

OVP

Coach
Big Pete said:
But it's bad of me to support Brent Tate and Shaun Berrigan? Double Standards.

How about you make your OWN opinion then, before attacking others. Who the f**k are you anyway ? I dont remember you from any discussion anywhere, ever. Probably why you're a moderator ... you like to suck.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Messiah said:
I respect your opinion Misty Bee but in my opinion saying we can't win it with Barrett as captain is very presumptius & silly, since you wouldn't have a clue what happens behind the scenes.

Barrett may be good behind the scenes, but he needs a change in attitude.

Getting offside with refs NEVER helps your side.

OVP

Coach
hybrid_tiger said:
Barrett may be good behind the scenes, but he needs a change in attitude.

Getting offside with refs NEVER helps your side.

Except if your name is Brad Fittler. But on second thoughts .. no you are spot on. It sure as sh*t didnt help in 2003 and 2004.

Spot on Hybrid.

Big Pete

Referee
I am forming an opinion, I don't think Whatuira is the best centre and I think you saying that and then saying you wouldn't trade him for Ryan Cross is a bit rich.

Personal shots? Why because you couldn't form a proper argument? You're representing your fans well arn't you?

OVP

Coach
Big Pete said:
I am forming an opinion, I don't think Whatuira is the best centre and I think you saying that and then saying you wouldn't trade him for Ryan Cross is a bit rich.

Personal shots? Why because you couldn't form a proper argument? You're representing your fans well arn't you?

ok then Gideon

Who are the best centres in the world **hugefanfare for god's chosen one**

I wont shoot you down in flames like you shot me down. Im not a git. So go on then Queen Farouk. Who is it then ?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Gasnier is still the best centre in the game. Without him the Dragons wouldn't be half the side they are now.

I'd take him in an instant, as should every other club in the NRL. I love the way he drifts in-field and looks for the ball, always creates problems.

Will certainly win more games for the Dragons than Barrett and Ryles put together.

OVP

Coach
hybrid_tiger said:
Gasnier is still the best centre in the game. Without him the Dragons wouldn't be half the side they are now.

I'd take him in an instant, as should every other club in the NRL. I love the way he drifts in-field and looks for the ball, always creates problems.

Will certainly win more games for the Dragons than Barrett and Ryles put together.

Agreed. But those who rate Cooper his equal are delusional.

Latest posts