What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When is 08 draw out??

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Timmah said:
In all fairness - the Warriors are a New Zealand side and they are seen LIVE on Sky Sports every week. Sure, they have fans in Australia, but it is quite difficult to schedule a game on Channel Nine in NZ due to the time difference.

Just because they are 'across the ditch' and get their fair share live, the rest of us have to put up with s**i coverage?

Hmm..I really do love the fact I had to watch a 54-14 thumping of the Panthers @ 2am for a friday night game. (without foxtel at the time).

Sorry but the excuse because they aren't in Aust isn't viable anymore. Time slots....bad way to win fans over

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't agree with how they treat league interstate but in terms of timing matches the Warriors matches throw a massive spanner in the scheduling, you either screw NSW viewers by holding a game at 6:00pm which isn't shown until 9:30 - 90 minutes after its finished... or you hold it at a time where it will be primetime in NSW and therefore buggery late in NZ.

skeepe

Immortal
Timmah said:
I don't agree with how they treat league interstate but in terms of timing matches the Warriors matches throw a massive spanner in the scheduling, you either screw NSW viewers by holding a game at 6:00pm which isn't shown until 9:30 - 90 minutes after its finished... or you hold it at a time where it will be primetime in NSW and therefore buggery late in NZ.

Or, given that the Warriors play 50% of their games in Australia, schedule those ones.

Timmah

Staff member
The converse problem with that is the complaints from the Warrior folk that the games are then on too late for them to watch, blah blah blah.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
5.00pm on a Sunday afternoon isn't too late for me........or 9.30pm on a Friday considering we have 9.30pm games on most Saturdays when we play in Australia.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
When the f**k have we complained about that?

You may not have noticed, but the Warriors get a lot of 7:30 kickoff games on Saturday nights in Australia.

Timmah

Staff member
Ian, Eddie - case in point is the Grand Final.

The afternoon arguers use the NZ angle to bolster their argument. Whether or not you two fit that category I don't know but it's all part of the topic.

yak - I thought that was the case... how do you know this?

yakstorm

First Grade
Timmah said:
Ian, Eddie - case in point is the Grand Final.

The afternoon arguers use the NZ angle to bolster their argument. Whether or not you two fit that category I don't know but it's all part of the topic.

yak - I thought that was the case... how do you know this?

I know the media release with the draw is going to the media tomorrow with an embargo until Saturday.

mattyg

Bench
i think Wests/Saints, Souths/Roosters and Broncos/Cowboys have been confirmed for rd 1 IIRC. Hopefully the scheduling is good, so i can go to the souths, wests and dogs game in the opening round

Canard

Immortal
I heard the draw cant be released until the Roosters and Manly have reviewed it and given their stamp of approval.

effnic

Bench
Canard said:
I heard the draw cant be released until the Roosters and Manly have reviewed it and given their stamp of approval.
That would of been funny if you didnt add Manly into it but since you did im obliged to call you a straight out merkin.

yakstorm

First Grade
Broncos v Cowboys has been confirmed in Round 3 for the QRL Centenary celebrations....and Broncos v Titans in Round 6, so I doubt they will play either fixture in Rnd 1....

Timmah

Staff member
I dare say Melbourne will face Canterbury in Round 1.

Latest posts