What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When is 08 draw out??

eels_fan_01

Bench
Earlier this year? Sure feels like it, i remember most draws being released after end of season rep footy.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It hasn't been this early in a very long time, if ever. IIRC anyway.

jamesgould

Juniors
Timmah said:
The converse problem with that is the complaints from the Warrior folk that the games are then on too late for them to watch, blah blah blah.

That post makes no sense.

mattyg

Bench
midnight release :lol: i await about 17 threads with the 2008 draw all around midnight from different posters. I'll most likely be out tonight, so i'll catch it when i get home.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Kinda related, will the NSWRL Premier League replacement competition draw line up with the First Grade draw much?

Callan Pk

Juniors
Dr Crane said:
Kinda related, will the NSWRL Premier League replacement competition draw line up with the First Grade draw much?
How can it

First gd team - --NSWRL PL eqivalent-----------NYC
Melb-----------------Central Cst or some bris team??..Melb
Manly----------------manly PL.................................Manly
Cowboys...........-...???..........................................Cowboys
Warriors............-..???---------------------------------Warriors
Eels-----------------Eels---------------------------------Eels
Dogs---------------Dogs-------------------------------Dogs
Rabbitohs----------Norths----------------------------Rabbitos
Broncos-------------???-------------------------------Broncos
Wests Tgrs---------Magpies/BRET------------------Wests Tigers
Roosters-----------Newtown-------------------------Roosters
Dragons------------NIL-------------------------------Dragons
etc
etc

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Warriors............-..Auckland Lions---------------------------------Warriors

Worth hoping...might help me plan a junket to Henson

Inferno

Coach
LOCAL derbies and historical sentiment will be the order of the first round as the NRL looks to kick off rugby league's centenary season with a bang. The 2008 NRL draw was revealed with a host of mouth-watering clashes in the opening round starting March 14.

The blockbuster clashes include Parramatta up against the Bulldogs, Wests Tigers versus St George Illawarra, Manly taking on Cronulla and the traditional South Sydney v Sydney Roosters clash.

Melbourne will kick-off their premiership defence against the New Zealand Warriors at Olympic Park.

The new-look draw will see an extra bye with the number of local derbies and marquee matches increased, the key change being a move away from the previous pool system.

Each club was asked to nominate which teams it would most want to play to attract the most fans, based on either traditional rivalry or on the basis of maximising attendance.

The top four requests of each club were met.

Features of the draw see all Queensland teams playing each other twice, and a Heritage round in round 6 as the game celebrates exactly 100 years since the first premiership game.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22614050-23214,00.html

Latest posts