What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When it comes to money, not all clubs are equal

Ziggy the God

First Grade
It seems every Leagues club is going down the path of getting out of pokies great stuff.

Souths fans. Say Crowe does sell up. The new buyer cuts the operating budget & memberships drop. How did you fill that gap?

Meanwhile Memberships are growing across the comp & weaker clubs are developing land. Making the asset rich cash poor gap less and less.

Sure, who wouldn't want hard assets backing the Football club.

We have lived without a cent from the Leagues club for decades. At the same time all we have seen is most Leagues clubs cut their funding to their Football clubs.

It is only a matter of time for the lefties to clamp down on pokies just like they have done with things like cigarettes. What happens then, how do you close that gap?

Fire

First Grade
It's cute how souffs fans think they aren't moving to Gosford.

Norths is their feeder team.

Rusty is selling his share.

Singo is licking his lips.

One home game is already played in Gosford.

8 games Gosford, 3 games Homebush, 1 game Perth.

Seriously, Holmes a Court own you dirty merkins - a businessman - you think he gives a f**k about your "history."

lol if you do. Just, lol...

Ziggy the God

First Grade
It's cute how souffs fans think they aren't moving to Gosford.

Norths is their feeder team.

Rusty is selling his share.

Singo is licking his lips.

One home game is already played in Gosford.

8 games Gosford, 3 games Homebush, 1 game Perth.

Seriously, Holmes a Court own you dirty merkins - a businessman - you think he gives a f**k about your "history."

lol if you do. Just, lol...

You just want to get us all riled up.

Is that all you have dickhead?

Ziggy the God

First Grade
It makes me happy that I can get the most polite souffs fan to use curse words :lol::cool:

Yeah we get it, you hate our club, supporters and anything to do with us.

How could we not, it is in every post.

How about you stop derailing every thread and stick to the abuse in the relevant thread?

Fire

First Grade

How about you stop derailing every thread and stick to the abuse in the relevant thread?

Are you drunk?

If you are your post is understandable. If you're not, excuse me while I laugh even harder.

I said it a few weeks ago. I own you toothless, feral, non-legal tender possessing merkins :lol:

Butt hurt about my behaviour on these Forums much?

Mr Spock!

Referee
You just want to get us all riled up.

Is that all you have dickhead?

Wouldn't worry about it Zig.

Some people think that acting like a tool makes them a bit of a hero.

You know like the moron at the pub who tries to pick a fight with everyone yet makes a complete dickhead of himself.

I see it in schoolkids all the time. The need for attention before they get stuck on meds for adhd.

They're to be pitied really.

Fire

First Grade
Cut's deep.

Deep...

Not as deep as your family who struggled to survive and put food on the table. Being souffs fans and all...

Mr Spock!

Referee

Usually find that said attention seeking behaviour and bravado is a mask of insecurity such as an ability to pick up women or blokes or having a tiny penis.

Hence the need to make themselves look important.

Danish

Referee
Good for them. Our 25,000 membership base will yield us $6m in this year alone. On the back of some more solid on-field results, we could be looking at 30,000 members in 2014 and further growth in membership and sponsorship cash flow.

Fact is most Sydney NRL clubs are bailed out more often than Greece and Cyprus by their leagues clubs. Using a pokie/subsidy based business model makes clubs lazy in terms of generating positive cash flow from alternate sources. It's no surprise that a club like Penrith with its huge leagues club has almost the smallest membership base in the NRL.

:lol:

You think that your members pay $240 on average. That's adorable

Big Sam

First Grade
:lol:

You think that your members pay $240 on average. That's adorable

That's $6 million a year members are bringing in for the Bunnies - and that's not even taking into account the crowd figures that have increased dramatically directly through membership numbers.

"This is a mistake people make, they think success builds membership. Well, we have proven that to be wrong," Richardson said.

"Up until last year we had only made the finals once since 1989.

"It's about the feeling you give them, the culture you create."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...mbership-numbers/story-e6frexnr-1226586362211

Danish

Referee
You do realise that article says quite specifically that membership brings in $3.5 million, right?

thorson1987

Coach
Usually find that said attention seeking behaviour and bravado is a mask of insecurity such as an ability to pick up women or blokes or having a tiny penis.

Hence the need to make themselves look important.

Sounds just like bunniesman

TheFrog

Coach
It's no surprise that a club like Penrith with its huge leagues club has almost the smallest membership base in the NRL.

Penrith's problem is that it currently fields a mediocre team and thus doesn't pull crowds, a bit like Souths three or four years ago.