What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When Morris returns...

saint.nick

Coach
He's a big, powerful player who's physicality embodies the modern day footballer, i.e sonny bill, inglis. He woulddo really well at winger or centre, provided his defence and error rate improves. Defence is something however easily taught however, as well as ball handling. We're not talking about teaching him to be creative and read the game like johns.

Vidot is a fantastic young footballer. He has enthusiasm to burn and is one of the biggest metre eaters in the competition.

I find it amusing when some of you draw attention to his defensive inadequacies without mentioning how well the incumbent Chase Stanley is fairing in that facet of the game!

Louiethefly

Juniors
Vidot is a fantastic young footballer. He has enthusiasm to burn and is one of the biggest metre eaters in the competition.

I find it amusing when some of you draw attention to his defensive inadequacies without mentioning how well the incumbent Chase Stanley is fairing in that facet of the game!

Chase is defending next to a slow Fien and a young Frizzell, instead of Creagh and Soward. Experience and communication make a huge difference, having a real fullback directing them from the back will do them wonders as well.

Chase is defending next to a slow Fien and a young Frizzell, instead of Creagh and Soward. Experience and communication make a huge difference, having a real fullback directing them from the back will do them wonders as well.

Chase has been suspect in defence his entire career. Add to that, he offers nothing in attack. I cannot for the life of me work out why he is in this squad.

Gazzaw

Juniors
Agreed, the Stanley boys are weak defensively, injury prone & mistake riddled. Free up cash & pass them on. Are they Dousts nephews

TheRev

Coach
Vidot > Cooper, my god some of you need to look at the complete package.. the only reason Vidot looks like a passable first grader is he is hidden on the wing and the opposition hasnt targeted him.

Right Centre isnt out of the question, but only because Stanley hasnt been penetrating this last month so his spot is in jeopardy.. Coopers isnt.

I have moved on from Josh Morris and I could not care less whether he returns or not. He is a decent first grade footballer, but he couldn't hold a candle to Gaz or Coops and the notion that we should never have let him go is a cop out. Gaz is three or four times the player J Moz will ever be and every time I sit back and watch that leap for the first try in 2010 GF I am reminded of what a great choice it was to lure him home!

Twenty10

Juniors
I have moved on from Josh Morris and I could not care less whether he returns or not. He is a decent first grade footballer, but he couldn't hold a candle to Gaz or Coops and the notion that we should never have let him go is a cop out.

FMD. That will dead set do me.

Heard it all now

Slippery Morris

First Grade
As if he would go to the Sharks instead of the Saints. If he got a release I am sure Dousty will get onto locking him up as soon as possible.

For him to be linked to the Sharks it sounds like he is definately looking to get out or the Dogs are looking to free cash to get Folaou.

As long as the Morris name is not linked to that club I don't care.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
The Morris name has already been tarnished by playing for the bullcheats. Absolutely gutted by that

Puff

First Grade
The Morris name has already been tarnished by playing for the bullcheats. Absolutely gutted by that

And the Raper name tarnished by his relative playing for the scum.

And the fifita name tarnished by his relative playing with the scum as well..... wait a second, didnt john fifita have big toes on his hands?

Last edited:

BennyV

Referee
And the Raper name tarnished by his relative playing for the scum.

I'm pretty sure there was 4 or 5 Raper's playing in the NRL, a few played for Dogs, one for Penrith aswell? All brothers, we just scored the best one...

As with the Morris boys...;-)

Everything about Daniel Vidot is heading in the right direction.

Whilst far from his talent, his strength and enthusiasm is in the mold of SBW. He seems to have the right temperament too. I'm really impressed by how he is developing - his timing in runs and passing is getting better, error rate is reducing and is even experimenting with offloads judiciously.

He is never on the receiving end of a dominant tackle. And so he is getting the team valuable penalties not only because his strength and leg drive get to the other side of a tackler, he sucks up defenders, gets up quickly and plays the ball

= winning the ruck!

I implore Steve Price to continue to raise this kid and find place for him in 1st grade to take advantage of his attributes.

I reckon a centre / lock combo.

Everything about Daniel Vidot is heading in the right direction.

Whilst far from his talent, his strength and enthusiasm is in the mold of SBW. He seems to have the right temperament too. I'm really impressed by how he is developing - his timing in runs and passing is getting better, error rate is reducing and is even experimenting with offloads judiciously.

He is never on the receiving end of a dominant tackle. And so he is getting the team valuable penalties not only because his strength and leg drive get to the other side of a tackler, he sucks up defenders, gets up quickly and plays the ball

= winning the ruck!

I implore Steve Price to continue to raise this kid and find place for him in 1st grade to take advantage of his attributes.

I reckon a centre / lock combo.

great post :thumn

Vidot is a mongrel as well and I think we need a loose canon in our team somewhere! He is the kind of player that will come charging in throwing round house punches into an all-in-brawl. It's warfare out there and we need him in the trenches.

FlameThrower

Bench
great post :thumn

Vidot is a mongrel as well and I think we need a loose canon in our team somewhere! He is the kind of player that will come charging in throwing round house punches into an all-in-brawl. It's warfare out there and we need him in the trenches.

2013 he is light years ahead of 2012, agree he is the modern build of the centre/ winger. Big strong and athletic. Club needs to factor him in as key in our structure. While he may not have outright speed, he can have impact close the line, like he showed against Eels.

Latest posts