What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When Morris returns...

Twenty10

Juniors
Can't help but think price will drop him as soon as Morris is back.
Price thinks Stanley is some sort of messiah and will seemingly never drop him. Vidot at centre would be a far more dangerous option.

great post :thumn

Vidot is a mongrel as well and I think we need a loose canon in our team somewhere! He is the kind of player that will come charging in throwing round house punches into an all-in-brawl. It's warfare out there and we need him in the trenches.

He IS a mongrel isn't he. And you're right, we need that.

It would be interesting to see how he would go in a position closer to the middle - especially with damage he could cause close to the line. And see if his defense is up to it. What he misses in speed as FT pointed out, is why he may not be best at wing, and why his defence there may have looked ineffective in the past.

Truly, I see SBW type player potential in him.

big pat

Coach
not sure if you can completely rule morris out this weekend, we know how pricey likes to play the game.

MattYg1

Bench
not sure if you can completely rule morris out this weekend, we know how pricey likes to play the game.

Darts_thumb4.jpg

to_ddeath

Coach
Have yet to see Vidot step up against good quality opposition. Only stands out when the other team are average or below average ala Parra the other night. Great 18th man to fill in for an injured back but not above fringe quality on overall form since coming to us IMO.

T.

redandwhite1

Juniors
i think most agree Vidot should have had a chance at right centre by now, given that was the main reason he was recruited.
However learning the ropes in first grade is not an option.
He needs to go back to the cutters, with Price demanding that he plays in the centres.
Playing vidot on the wing in the Cutters is just a waste - we already know what he can/cant do in that position.....

Spot on Mr Red shame they resigned Steve price, you could have applied for the job.

gypsy

Bench
Vidot isn't a centre, nor shall he make one. Cue all the believers saying "He used to play centre as a kid"...because that matters.

He simply isn't a centre, and his rocks/diamonds nature means he's lucky to get a jersey at the moment with Morris out.
My Prediction: He will be playing Superleague next season.

It's not that I don't like Vidot, it's just the thought process that he's a better option than Stanley which completely baffles me.

Last edited:

nontime111

Juniors
Vidots HUGE and really runs it up gains many metres almost the most in the team didnt he last year? Looks even better this season I like him there, does a lot of work, a real understated gem I think....saints fans are WAY too harsh! Were winning arent we? like all the Prior bashing, the guys a JEWEL!! does SO much work and really flattens em in defence! I rate Prior and Vidot too, but would love to see lil Bronx get a shot also!

dragondonar1

Juniors
vidot is a must in the side he constantly makes big yardage off our line and gains the side pealties. prior isnt a centre but should be in the side.

TheRev

Coach
Vidot isn't a centre, nor shall he make one. Cue all the believers saying "He used to play centre as a kid"...because that matters.

He simply isn't a centre, and his rocks/diamonds nature means he's lucky to get a jersey at the moment with Morris out.
My Prediction: He will be playing Superleague next season.

It's not that I don't like Vidot, it's just the thought process that he's a better option than Stanley which completely baffles me.

Perfect Summation of Vidot, imo lets close the case-file.

redbreed

Juniors
Vidots HUGE and really runs it up gains many metres almost the most in the team didnt he last year? Looks even better this season I like him there, does a lot of work, a real understated gem I think....saints fans are WAY too harsh! Were winning arent we? like all the Prior bashing, the guys a JEWEL!! does SO much work and really flattens em in defence! I rate Prior and Vidot too, but would love to see lil Bronx get a shot also!

Not trying to be harsh but he isn't that flash. If you put Merrin on the wing he would get more metres then Vidot but you clearly wouldn't do that. A forward is measured by metres gained and a back is measured by trys scored. He just doesn't have the class we need like coops and gaz.

Saint Anger

Juniors
He just doesn't have the class we need like coops and gaz.

A little unfair.

Centres the calibre of Coops and Gaz don't come along every day, and we were fortunate to have them playing together at the same time.

I'm a bit of a Vidot fan so would like to see him stick around, improve his consistency and realise his potential. Has the bulk and speed to be a quality centre if we can mould him that way.

possm

Coach
A little unfair.

Centres the calibre of Coops and Gaz don't come along every day, and we were fortunate to have them playing together at the same time.

I'm a bit of a Vidot fan so would like to see him stick around, improve his consistency and realise his potential. Has the bulk and speed to be a quality centre if we can mould him that way.

His defence needs a lot of work. If the Dragons want to keep him, they should arrange some defence coaching. I still think he would be great in the backrow however, defence is his weak point.

dragondonar1

Juniors
i think if chase stanley can be moulded into a centre than vidot can do the same. i think his passing and positional reads are the problem not his defense.

redbreed

Juniors
i think if chase stanley can be moulded into a centre than vidot can do the same. i think his passing and positional reads are the problem not his defense.

That will make second best x 2. Neither players are outtstanding, we have money and still have some players still undecided as far as next years roster goes we need to sign a descent centre and put this issue to bed.

saint.nick

Coach
Vidot's problems are not un-fixable. Teaching a player to have a world class feel for the game, or acquire match winning imagination like Andrew Johns, is impossible. However, Vidot's issues are just catching bombs and defence. Catching a bomb isn't hard to teach; Barba used to be terrible.

Defence is not a hard skill to teach either. Look at how bad Gaz used to be. He then turned into one of our best defenders after he came back. Defence is all about attitude, commitment, structure and technique- which isn't rocket science. Soward for example doesn't have a defensive attitude. He may have improved but he still flaps his arms at players helplessly. If he had more attitude and commitment he would rip in with his shoulder. Vidot certainly has the attacking capabilities to make a great winger or centre. He has size, power, and while admittedly he isn't the fastest, neither is Nightingale. He can finish too. So yeah sure, he may have his flaws at the moment, but there is plenty of room for improvement to make him a great player.

BennyV

Referee
If only we had one of the best defensive centres in the game at the club to give him a hand and help him out with defense...HMMMMM...

mmap dragons

Juniors
I wouldn't be surprised if Moz lines up tonight against the Penny's. Apparently he trained and ran well yesterday. I'd say Daley would also want him to have a hit out prior to the first SOO game if he's near enough to full fitness.