What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When Tate Returns

Who will lose there spot in the side when Tate returns?

• Tame Tupou

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Darius Body

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Shaun Berrigan

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Justin Hodges

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
Hmmm a hard one. I mean, Boyd is doing great IMO, and Hodges is the best centre going around, including Gasnier (as you could see on the weekend)

I would have to say knock Shaun to the bench, as most have said. Being the huge Bronco fan, he doens't seem to be doing much of late. And with Boyd playing well, he should stay. Brisbane have to look after their younger stars.

Diablo

Juniors
Pretty simple this one.

Shaun Berrigan to hooker and Brent Tate into the centres.

Hodges and Tate is a potential Australian centre pairing, let alone Queensland and Brisbane.

salivor

First Grade
Manurewa_Marlins said:
Berrigan to replace McGuire, Tate to centre.

And your logic behind replacing McGuire with Berrigan? As good as Berrigan is, when it comes down to it he's a selfish player and can't pass, the worst possible option at hooker IMO. Especially when McGuire has played very well the last two weeks in the position, we've really looked our best when he's been on the field and making a few runs out of dummy half.

Once Tate returns the only place I see for Berrigan is either on the bench or playing for the Clydesdales.

broncoman

Juniors
Berro on the bench seems to be the only realistic option, however i reckon bennett will give him a crack in the 9 at some stage...

Diablo

Juniors
To succeed we need somebody crafty around the ruck area to take some pressure off the likes of Perry or Seymour who have enough on their plates already.

Seymour can pass the ball, problem is he's not to fond of doing it.

One thing is for sure, we ain't going to be making much of an impact come finals time if Casey McGuire is our hooker.

broncoman

Juniors
Diablo said:
To succeed we need somebody crafty around the ruck area to take some pressure off the likes of Perry or Seymour who have enough on their plates already.

One thing is for sure, we ain't going to be making much of an impact come finals time if Casey McGuire is our hooker.
ideally we'd like Ennis there but the unfortunate reality of rugby league is that injuries can ruin a premiership campaign. McGuire is our next best option to play in the 9...

Diablo

Juniors
Diablo said:

Sorry, I meant Berrigan instead of Seyumour.

Thinking about it Seymour would probably be an option at hooker in the future should our injury woes continue.

salivor

First Grade
Diablo said:
Sorry, I meant Berrigan instead of Seyumour.

Thinking about it Seymour would probably be an option at hooker in the future should our injury woes continue.

Sure Berrigan can pass, he's not a great passer and he's certainly not a smart passer of the ball which is what we need of a number 9. Berrigan is only going to add pressure to the likes of Lockyer and Perry as they're not going to get the service that they need and that McGuire can provide.

Diablo

Juniors
salivor said:
Sure Berrigan can pass, he's not a great passer and he's certainly not a smart passer of the ball which is what we need of a number 9. Berrigan is only going to add pressure to the likes of Lockyer and Perry as they're not going to get the service that they need and that McGuire can provide.

We do not know with Berrigan as he has never played in the position before. Hopefully he comes to surprise a few people.

Who would have thought that Luke Priddis would have been such a huge loss all those years ago?

gcbronco

Juniors
In 2002 he did play there actually, he went alright but I had the opinion it reduced him to dummy half work and his running game took a back step. Not saying he couldn't make it there but I can't say there was all that much to be excited about when he was there.