What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When will the NRL wake UP!!!!

mightyeagle07

Juniors
here's the thing, when will the NRL wake up to the AFL and Rugby Union's ability to Advertise, broadcast the game and make thier junior ranks better than ours.... I love this game and i love my team, but the fact that we have David Gallop and Geoff Carr(who has never laced a boot) running a multi million dollar a year franchise like it doesnt mean anything to them at all.......... I HATE THE AFL AND UNION but at least they have CEO's and Administrators that actually care.....

Azkatro

First Grade
mightyeagle07 said:
here's the thing, when will the NRL wake up to the AFL and Rugby Union's ability to Advertise, broadcast the game and make thier junior ranks better than ours.... I love this game and i love my team, but the fact that we have David Gallop and Geoff Carr(who has never laced a boot) running a multi million dollar a year franchise like it doesnt mean anything to them at all.......... I HATE THE AFL AND UNION but at least they have CEO's and Administrators that actually care.....
I'm in a grumpy mood because my girlfriend's making me go and watch Harry Potter at 9.30 tonight so I'm going to take this opportunity to call you a gronk.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Azkatro said:
I'm in a grumpy mood because my girlfriend's making me go and watch Harry Potter at 9.30 tonight .

That movie is good, I saw it today. Really enjoyed it.

hutch

First Grade
wittyfan said:
What about "That's My Team"????

i honestly cant remember the last time i saw it on tv.

mightyeagles got a point. the nrl is hardly advertised, especially on channel 9. we have a world cup next year which even some die hard rugby league fans dont know about, they havnt even tried to start spreading the word, let alone advertise it. either they dont spend much cash no advertising, or the advertising department do a terrible job.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
mightyeagle07 said:

im sorry, but IMO youre a f**king knob. Seems like you generally care about the game and share common sentiments with most of us, but all this is old news...? a thread for a rant is fair enough, but the rant has to have more substance than what you just showed IMO (i.e. proper solutions etc.) ALSO my main issue with your post is the part ive bolded. Sport's a Business, we dont need ex players etc. taking up administration spots... we need smart competent men with vision and passion. TBH id be happy with HaC or Waldron...

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Our juniors are still the best in the country.

Our second rate juniors are Wallabies FFS.

We have sh*t marketing and poorer than could be broadcasting deals.

However, we have fantastic juniors, and what matters most.. what is played on the field.

donkey|rope

Juniors
Kurt Angle said:
Our juniors are still the best in the country.

Our second rate juniors are Wallabies FFS.

We have sh*t marketing and poorer than could be broadcasting deals.

However, we have fantastic juniors, and what matters most.. what is played on the field.
That mentality is wrong. Sure we have great juniors right now, but if we sit back and keep repeating that mantra year after year, we will wake up one day and find our cupboards bare. Now I grant you that this is an alarmist prophecy and I usually leave that sort of thing to global warming freaks, however we as a game should have a sense of fervour and desperation in regards to our future and also towards dominating the sporting fabric of our heartlands - such that we put all other competitors to the sword in any and every capacity. I don't care if our second rate juniors grow up to be Wallabies - I want to live in a world without Wallabies. I don't care if only effeminate girly men play AFL - I want AFL to be a mythical creature that lives south of the NSW border. I don't care if soccer is the worl...I guess you get the point by now, but this is the mentality that we need to adopt.

Brutus

Referee
mightyeagle07 said:

I agree with everything you say there, except Geoff Carr played 55 first grade games for the Dragons including the 71 Grand Final v Souths.

The NRL doesn't want to spend too much money because News LTD has to recoup dollars lost during the war.

mightybears

Bench
mightyeagle07 said:

100% in agreement mighty, and if i'd read past your post i'd see that it has probably already been said- but carr did 'lace a boot' back in the day for the dragons.

lots of nobody footy players have devoted their lives to admin and done wonders, many 'champions' have done bugger all re club direction-let alone higher up-gallop has no interest in the game at the level that matters.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Why cant we attract Major Sponsors from here/abroad for the NRL... Telstra cant be the only big company...

Brutus

Referee
We need more TV ads with NRL players/idenities endorsing products.

Like the good old days. I nearly vomited watching Sunday arvo footy today and seeing Kevin Sheedy advertising products to a Sydney RL audience.

strewth_mate

Bench
Doesn't matter how godawful Union or AFL are, they seem to smack us up and down in advertising and promotion. To respond to this by just reiterating that we've the superior game is meaningless,

Latest posts