What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where abouts will the Gold Coast Titans finish next season?

Where will the Titans finish in 2007?

• 1st-4th

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • 5th-8th

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • 9th-12th

Votes: 59 47.2%
  • 13th-16th

Votes: 37 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yobbo84

Coach
I say 10th-14th, possibly higher if Bailey/Prince/Carney fire. Their roster is similiar to ours for next year.. a good first seventeen, but a few injuries to key players and their depth will be tested.

SOULS 04

Juniors
they have a great squad and it depends how they gel... i reckon they are semis bound
7th

hebdog85

Juniors
Yeah the Titans' depth will be an issue. But if they can be lucky with injuries etc they may have a chance of a finals berth.

Cant see them finishing any higher than 7th or 8th though at best.

I hope the Titans do well though for Rugby League as a whole.

Having 3-4 new players in a club is hard enough getting them to settle in and work cohesively for a roster of 25 its huge getting all the players to gel ect.

You can do all the trials and training you wont, but until you play real NRL, then they wont have a chance to click.

t-ba

Post Whore
Bottom Half of the table. They've got a good enough sqaud to cause some damage once the team is gelled at the back end of the season. 9-12th for mine.

willvillain

Juniors
Not too impressed by their forwards. An injury to Bailey and they're completely done really. Other than Bailey and Laffranchi I can't see too much quality, or am I forgetting someone here?

mxlegend99

Referee
Top 8. Possibly just outside of it. IMO.

Some very capable players... and i think they will perform really well.

mxlegend99

Referee
willvillain said:
Not too impressed by their forwards. An injury to Bailey and they're completely done really. Other than Bailey and Laffranchi I can't see too much quality, or am I forgetting someone here?
Frank Puletua is a pretty solid forward. If he ends up playing for them next year (he is seeking a release) i think he will be one of their better forwards.

willvillain

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
Frank Puletua is a pretty solid forward. If he ends up playing for them next year (he is seeking a release) i think he will be one of their better forwards.

I had not forgotten him. But yes, I agree that he will be one of their better forwards next year if he sticks to his deal - that simply highlights their foward problems.

A Penrith benchie should not be equal to a teams third best forward. No offence to the Panthers, but I don't rate Frank that highly.

juanfarkall

Coach
I am unsure about their forwards depth and their coaching strength.
I also struggle with the concept of Matt Petersen being a starting player at NRL level.

mxlegend99

Referee
willvillain said:
I had not forgotten him. But yes, I agree that he will be one of their better forwards next year if he sticks to his deal - that simply highlights their foward problems.

A Penrith benchie should not be equal to a teams third best forward. No offence to the Panthers, but I don't rate Frank that highly.
Unlike Luke Swain, Frank Puletua can be a very hard running, hard hitting forward. I think he has underperformed also... but with a fresh start at the Titans, and most probably a starting position - i think he will be playing a lot more consitantly then he has for us.

One thing is for sure... when Titans play the Warriors he will be at his best.

OVP

Coach
Second last. Depth is a real problem for them. They need a few more years to make the 8.

Nightward

Juniors
Speculation is probably a bit premature, but I believe the Titans have bought well and employed good staff for their entry next season. They've got Preston Campbell, Scott Prince, and Brian Carney in the backs, and they've bought a decent forward pack, too. Don't forget Brad Myers; he was once a Queensland Origin player, but lost his way. Playing in England would have done his confidence the world of good, and Big Red will be back with a point to prove.

The real question is not "do they have a good enough team?". The real question is "how soon will they be organised?"

The off-season is pretty long and few of the Titans will be Kangaroos, Lions, or playing for New Zealand. Even if they were, the Tri-Series is being hosted here this year, any way.

I think next season will be quite interesting; a lot of teams have bought well, and many were picking up their games by the end of this year's regular season. I think the Broncos, Bulldogs, and Storm will be the teams to beat, but the Titans (and potentially even the perennially under-achieving Bunnies) will be worthy of some attention, too. Top eight? Perhaps not, but they should be able to make an impact.

Latest posts