What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Are they now Part Duex?

Iafeta

Referee
Boys, girls, others

Just a few names this time, wondering where they are basically....

Roman Hifo - was on the Warriors roster page, now is gooorrrrrnnneeee off it and AFAIK hasn't appeared for the Lions

Daniel O'Regan - I know Newcastle Knights had massive wraps on him and were desperate for his signature after the '05 Jnr Kiwis tour, is on the Warriors roster page but AFAIK hasn't appeared for the Lions

Isaac John - I know Parramatta either had him or were desperate for him, was the Jnr Kiwis halfback last year, had a couple of early appearances for the Lions since then hasn't played for them?

Just curious... any help much obliged.

ozbash

Referee
Roman Hifo - waitakere rangers b/cup

Daniel O'Regan - lions b/cup

Isaac John i,m pretty sure plays b/cup for the waicoabay stallions

Iafeta

Referee
Thanks mate. Appreciate that.

Does anyone know if they're still associated with the Warriors, or have been cut completely?

Skinner

Coach
They are still on the Warriors books, but have not had the form for the higher grade.
Issac John has been particularly dissappointing.

Iafeta

Referee
That's a great shame... we seem to be struggling to develop halves through our grades with the vision to organise and take the line on. I was kind of hopeful, given the write ups, that Daniel O'Regan and Isaac John may have done that...

Of the 3 Issac john has shown the most potential. Has that look of class to him in little of patches of play. Unfortunately he just hasnt rolled on with it.

Roman Hifo is a good team contributer. Of late he's been playing centre. Which probably shows he hasnt made his mark in the second row at all. He doesnt have the speed to cut it at centre also .

And Daniel Reagan has performed admirably at the Lions but dont look to him to bring anything special at NRL Level.

There's probably quite a few players above these guys in the pecking order now. But if one was still to emerge I think it would be Issac John. However he has some good competition going on for a future with the Warriors. Elija Taylor, Jody Henry ...... Pita Godinnet ? ........ Instantly spring to mind.

Its a bummer you got to see the lions play a sluggy game Iaefeta - there really has been some great individual performers for theme this year. WHen they are hot.... You could write home forever talking of future warriors in the making . When they are not hot - You can really start to question the hype as well.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
NIGHTMARE-HITTER said:
Its a bummer you got to see the lions play a sluggy game Iaefeta - there really has been some great individual performers for theme this year. WHen they are hot.... You could write home forever talking of future warriors in the making . When they are not hot - You can really start to question the hype as well.

Lol I know what you mean, the last time I saw the Lions was against the Bears at North Sydney Oval and they were awful- I'dve liked to have seen them later in the year once they got some combinations and form happening.

Iafeta

Referee
NIGHTMARE-HITTER said:
Of the 3 Issac john has shown the most potential. Has that look of class to him in little of patches of play. Unfortunately he just hasnt rolled on with it.

Roman Hifo is a good team contributer. Of late he's been playing centre. Which probably shows he hasnt made his mark in the second row at all. He doesnt have the speed to cut it at centre also .

And Daniel Reagan has performed admirably at the Lions but dont look to him to bring anything special at NRL Level.

There's probably quite a few players above these guys in the pecking order now. But if one was still to emerge I think it would be Issac John. However he has some good competition going on for a future with the Warriors. Elija Taylor, Jody Henry ...... Pita Godinnet ? ........ Instantly spring to mind.

Its a bummer you got to see the lions play a sluggy game Iaefeta - there really has been some great individual performers for theme this year. WHen they are hot.... You could write home forever talking of future warriors in the making . When they are not hot - You can really start to question the hype as well.[/quote]

It's all good mate, I got to see another game of footy.. and the result dies away, can't complain about that. Besides, as I've said elsewhere, I was really impressed by Upu Poaching and Constantine Mika, so I was happy about that.

Iafeta said:
NIGHTMARE-HITTER said:

Its a bummer you got to see the lions play a sluggy game Iaefeta - there really has been some great individual performers for theme this year. WHen they are hot.... You could write home forever talking of future warriors in the making . When they are not hot - You can really start to question the hype as well.[/quote]

It's all good mate, I got to see another game of footy.. and the result dies away, can't complain about that. Besides, as I've said elsewhere, I was really impressed by Upu Poaching and Constantine Mika, so I was happy about that.

Got To say I was raving about Constantine Mika last year. He looked like a rampaging hair bear simular to Penriths Tony Puletua and Big Joe at their NRL peak.

Then he went really quiet with the Lions this season. But Ill tell you this , he is probably the hardest smashing tackler in the entire Warriors squad. He can really bring the hurt in the tackle.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I rate Leeson Ah Mau higher than Upu Poaching. Ah Mau has a more well rounded game. He has really impressed me for the Lions.

I just hope that next year, Cleary will use more youngsters. That would be my biggest gripe about this season, and we'll initially pay for it next year. Maybe he'll even play Sonny Fai, just to get all you Sonny-luvas to shut the f**k up.

top_dog

Juniors
i believe Roman is a good player, however ive seen him play his best as a prop playing age group football with and against him, however due to his reconditionig phase he has more look liked a centre Second rower. Personally liked to see him play up front at prop but hey thats just me, i heard he is currently injured.

Iafeta said:
And your thoughts on Poaching? I thought he added real impact.

Poaching has really come on leaps and bounds. Big lump of a Lad who moves forward. Looks cool with his long hair when he rampages forward. I understand the Warriors have him signed for the under 20's next year. Ive got to agree with one of the previous posts in rating Lesson Ah Mau above him. Lesson could go a long way as an NRL player simply on the facts he has so much leg strength. A very hard player to pull down. He rarely falls over at the oppostion line.

But the pick of them all is Russel Packer - Prior to Injury he was simply awesome scoring trys from 30 - 40 metres out. Ran like a battle tank - he will go on and be the star. Even Bigger than Rapira I reckon.

P.S Its a pity Kevin Locke was injuried Ieafeta - You would done cartwheels watching him play. Dead Set speed merchant not like crockett but almost exactly like Billy Slater from Melborne storm.

Skinner

Coach
Upo has come on in leaps and bounds. Packers lengthy injury gave him an
opportunity and he seized it with both hands.

You know I'm a Leeson fan N-H, but now I rate Poaching slightly above him.
He is a raging bull. A bit of a "thinking Iafeta" who does his job to the letter.

Packer had improved out of sight until he got injured. He'd stopped hand braking
and was breaking the line. I just hope his confidence hasn't been dented too much.

Skinner said:
Upo has come on in leaps and bounds. Packers lengthy injury gave him an
opportunity and he seized it with both hands.

You know I'm a Leeson fan N-H, but now I rate Poaching slightly above him.
He is a raging bull. A bit of a "thinking Iafeta" who does his job to the letter.

Packer had improved out of sight until he got injured. He'd stopped hand braking
and was breaking the line. I just hope his confidence hasn't been dented too much.

Mate I wish you were over here in France. If you pick Red Wines like you pick players id be on a roll alright.

I havent seen the Iafeta in Poaching from what ive observed on "Tapes" - But what I have observed is a player who plays up to those playing along side him him. In the very odd game of BC he played he wasnt really on the radar - in the Lions he really has come on. But Gee...S I dont know... Lesson is for me a diamond in the rough. Doesnt look a Sonny Bill like at all but wow can he get your side on track with his on field presence.

Id take Poaching, Ah Mau, Packer and Rapira/ Tuimavave/Lauaki anyday

Can we keep em all ?

P.S have you guys seen Lance Sua Poe play. I hear the Warriors grabbed him.... And wow is he good !!

Iafeta

Referee
Ah Mau was definitely bending the line back. He did miss a couple of soft tackles up the guts though. I'm hearing though his defence is usually very good.

Upu was just dynamic, I know I've said it time and time again in this thread, but I felt priviledged to get to see him and Mika in action. I thought while watching these boys that these boys have the potential to be Kiwis in the future.

Tell us a bit about Lance Sua Poe mate. Yep, I was a bit bummed that Kevin Locke wasn't playing, I've heard seriously good things about him. Do you guys think Miguel Start is just having a rough season, I haven't heard a lot of talk about him and I was a bit disappointed in his lack of energy on the weekend... or is the step up too much?

ozbash

Referee
NIGHTMARE-HITTER said:
Iafeta said:
Got To say I was raving about Constantine Mika last year. He looked like a rampaging hair bear simular to Penriths Tony Puletua and Big Joe at their NRL peak.

Then he went really quiet with the Lions this season. But Ill tell you this , he is probably the hardest smashing tackler in the entire Warriors squad. He can really bring the hurt in the tackle.

same, i really rate mika and have been a bit bewildered at his form this season.
he seems to be "under orders"

Iafeta said:
Ah Mau was definitely bending the line back. He did miss a couple of soft tackles up the guts though. I'm hearing though his defence is usually very good.

Upu was just dynamic, I know I've said it time and time again in this thread, but I felt priviledged to get to see him and Mika in action. I thought while watching these boys that these boys have the potential to be Kiwis in the future.

Tell us a bit about Lance Sua Poe mate. Yep, I was a bit bummed that Kevin Locke wasn't playing, I've heard seriously good things about him. Do you guys think Miguel Start is just having a rough season, I haven't heard a lot of talk about him and I was a bit disappointed in his lack of energy on the weekend... or is the step up too much?

Lance Sua Poe is a ball of Rock only 16 or 17 but I know in the junior grades he has been a stand out. Just like Sam Rapira did very early on, Lance showed some outstanding qualities and Warriors grabbed him. Also another one they grabbed is a guy called Theodore Stuart. A young radicaly talented Back rower......and yes (bore ...) reminds alot of Sonny Bill ...haha.

Mate ....for me Miguel Start has been the major disapointment of the Lions campaign this year. He has only literaly shown bare glimpses of his talent. Im sure he is only being picked on reputation and hope. Last year he was simply stunning - carving up opposition time and time again. If you were a talent scout you would of swore you had picked up another of those gems from NZ. Man has he dropped of almost sensationaly.

Kevin locke almost changed his rugby league destiny against St George in one of the last Lions Premier games. With 2 mins left on the clock and his side down by 2pts he picked up the ball in his own 22 ran sideways and then literaly hit the after burners rocketing through the line and creating a sizeable gap between the chasers and him.

The only problem was the incoming paramatta fullback. Most logical players would step in, not locke he did someting I havent seen since Rupeni played rugby Union in NZ - He changed gears and went from absolute blitzing pace to out right scorching and attempted to run around the fullback when the angle just wasnt there. Mate he almost pulled it off, he got pulled down but it almost happened where normaly in the real world nobody would have the speed or balls to attempt it. If he scored that try that day, im sure he would have got very close to a forced debut for the Warriors off the bench.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I really hope Kevin Locke will keep on keeping on. He has a lot of talent. We just need him to mature quickly.

It's just a real shame that a bloke called Wade McKinnon has currently got a mortgage on the #1 jersey. But at a push, I think McKinnon would make a great centre. He would be of great service to his wing man. I think a ready Kevin Locke will be worth moving McKinnon for.

Skinner

Coach
C'mon guys.....Nobby is a very long way off FG.

The Dragons fullback suckered him over to the sideline
and smashed him, hence, his injury. It was experience
versus inexperience. A smart player with the speed Nobby
has, would have simply stepped him and gone.

It's all part of the learning curve, the apprenticeship, in the
higher grade, and he needs a lot more game time with the
Lions.

Take the rose coloured glassea off fellas.

Latest posts