What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where are they now

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I think you will find he is not the bloke who is playing but the bloke in background with the blue hat on. I think he is currently involved with one of the Q Cup sides, East or Souths, coaching one of their lower grades. I am sure I heard him mentioned somewhere being involved in some charity work.

Spot on, the bloke on the field is his dietician :D

DeBartolo is off at Western Force...I think hes name looks extremely familar being a union fan myself

Whatever happened to Ian Rubin?

Rooster forward and Russia captain?

Comrade Rubin owns a couple of Hotels and some other businesses too - has the Russian business brain

Last edited:
Big Ian Ruben,as stated he is retired.He is doing very nicely in the buissness world.Got a couple of pubs,plus a contract cleaning buissness.The big fella can sniff out a bob from a mile.He could buy and sell half the blokes he played with

of course he's good at business he's Russian( yes i know he was born in the Ukraine) Russians love money just ask Comrade Davydenko(world no 6 tennis player if you aren't familiar with his name)

Nevin was playing reggies for the Tigers then he went to the Dragons and played 1 or 2 first grade games I think?

Also what about these players:
Wes Patten
Jackson (or is it Lipini?) Kaufusi (he played for the Tigers then popped up a couple years ago with the Dogs)
Matt Rua
Phillip Leulai

Patten still pops up playing here and there. I guess he must play club football somewhere, but he definitely played at the Aboriginal Knockout in October for Dunghutti.

Rua tried to make an NRL comeback a year or two ago from memory, can't remember with which club, but never played first grade. He's played a bit for the Cook Islands here and there too.

Phil Leuluai plays for Salford in the Super League.

skeepe

Immortal
I think you will find he is not the bloke who is playing but the bloke in background with the blue hat on. I think he is currently involved with one of the Q Cup sides, East or Souths, coaching one of their lower grades. I am sure I heard him mentioned somewhere being involved in some charity work.

He's the Colts coach at Souths Logan.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
What happened to Ronald Prince?

Looked impressive at the start, played for the Sharks, went to Parramatta, did pretty well, then broke his leg, I think was at the Dragons at one stage.

Noa

First Grade
Jai-Jones Weigold and Fred Makimare.

Both played for the Storm U-20's last but, unlesss theyre hanging around to play for the Storms NSW premier league team, theyve moved on.

Whoever gets them has got good players.