What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do we look now?

J

Johnsy

I see glen Morrison has resigned with the cowboys, IMHO he would have been a great signing. We need some good quality forwards, afterall smithy is going and we do look a bit thin where it counts. This poses the question do we forget trying to recruit quality forwards because there are no more left on the open market, and suffer the consequences next year, or do we look elsewere for a good buy, if so where do we look? Country, Brissy, England.

Johnsy

L

legend

I dont think Saints really need anyone. They already have Ryles, Bailey, Riddell, Hooper, Thompson and Treacy(I think). Maybe a couple of solid bench players may be the go but you still have the mecurial Andrew Hart. Do you think you could spare some backs for us poor Raiders.

T

tigger

I think the Bronco's are the only team that have more depth than the Saints.There is always someone coming through & they usually step up to the plate & perform. I do not know what the problem is, if you look at the team there is not really any weak links, except for Amos Roberts defence. There is obviously a problem somewhere......I think you guys needa coach like Warren Ryan or Brian Smith & you have a great chance at winning the premiership.

J

Johnsy

I know what you mean tigger. There has always been one very minor important ingredient missing from the drags. That has been the difference between the drags being the team of the 90's and one of the well performed sides. We had Brian smith and he could not get us over the line. Wok or Gus is the man for the job.

Johnsy

Willow

Assistant Moderator
G'day again Johnsy.
Wasn't Morrison supposed to a certain signing (according to rumour) a few weeks back. I think a score to settle with a ceratin fly by nighter.
We'll be right, mate. It never ceases to amaze me how many good players we have who have come from the lower grades.
BTW, Tigger, I know Amos may have had his flutters earlier in the year but lately, his defence has been first class. It's amazing how good a fullback can look when the forwards are holding their line.
It think it's noting that at the moment, Saints actually look like contenders.

J

Johnsy

Willow

Yeah mate I remember that, I asked for some sources and he was not too happy at all, offfended actually. Oh well live and learn. It does not matter who leaves saints we always seem to be there or abouts, and I cant see why next year would be any different.

Johnsy

T

tigger

I have nothing against Amo's. When i watch him play i just see a few flaws.... He is steadily improving, though he will never be a SOO player IMHO...... He lacks thatopenrunning instinct that players like Jack, Belcher, Shearer, & Lockyer had/have. That said, he will be a solid 1st Grader.

Saints now have Illawarra as a development area. That is traditionally the second best development area in the state after Newcastle. If you concentrate on development you should never have to buy another player.

P

pepe

there is no doubt saints have the players to be a top 4 team,imo the biggest problem with the saints is they don'tappear to bea close knitteam.

i was reading a post on w.o.r.l and someone commented thatthe title will be decided on mateship,thats a pretty good call.

parra are the perfect example of this,all young guys who play for each other,i can usually tell in the first few minutes how the storm will go,sometimes they turn up to play and other timesplay like they could'nt give a rats.

parra turn up every week,that's premiership material.

cheers pepe

ps. storm to turn up this friday and take the points from parra in a thriller.