What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

where do you stand on the joint venture?

what are your thoughts on our joint venture team?

• [b]st george dragons[/b] would be better off alone & back at kograh

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • [b]the steelers[/b] were taken over & get nothing from the venture

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • i support the [b]st george illawarra dragons[/b] joint venture

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • [b]i don't care[/b] about who's right or wrong, just so long as i have a red & white team

Votes: 12 17.4%

• Total voters

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Saints fan before the JV, and behind the JV 100%.

The only thing I would like back is the old candy striped socks. When Manly wore them last year (?) I was livid.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
Is the rape of Illawarra not yet complete?

Or will a sure sign of that be a return to a full Red V Jumper and blood and bandage socks

Steel Dragon

Bench
I support St.George/Illawarra Dragons, but I know it was no merger, it was a takeover. We've got the $$$$$ and they have the players. Players want $$$$ and can't get it from Illawarra, so we provided a solution.
Bobby Millward is a top bloke that I've known for many years and he would love nothing more than have a stand alone Illawarra team, but it is just not possible in todays climate.
I know Saints have been getting Illawarra juniors for years, but we're not the only side in Sydney to benefit from Illawarra. Wombat, Fulton and many others came from the area and never played for Saints or Illawarra, they're just a great breeding ground for rugby league in general.
I'll always follow the Red V no matter what they add to their name. It's more than just a name, to me, it's a way of life.

Yeah - that sums it up pretty well.
Blocker Roach, Garry Jack, Mick Cronin, Brett & Glenn Stewart all Illawarra boys (though not steelers) and I'm sure there's thOWsands more that I cant think of off hand.

Loved the Steelers pre-merger. Disappointed that we had to merge.
Pissed that the Steelers jersey isnt the 'away/alternative' jersey.
Loving that I still have a team to support.

Would hate to be a Bears/Crushers/Rams/Reds etc supporter.

Loving the Dragons.

slaters

Referee
Whilst I have no real issue with the jv, I will always vote in favour of a return to St George Dragons.

Potsie

Juniors
Im very anti merger - Long time Dragon army member. I hate seeing est 1999, makes me cringe.

However I suppose Ive gotten over it and accept it (partially). I will always love the red V

Next title will be our 16th!!!!!

moik

Bench
Steelers supporter from day one. The transition from Steelers to Dragons supporter felt so natural.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Im very anti merger - Long time Dragon army member. I hate seeing est 1999, makes me cringe.

However I suppose Ive gotten over it and accept it (partially). I will always love the red V

Absolutely.

I sometimes like to think that even most former Steelers supporters are happy to embrace the history. Both teams have a heritage going back the game's beginnings, and there's been a strong connection since the 1920s. The est 1999 thing is just stats people looking to make their job easier.

moik

Bench
Absolutely.

I sometimes like to think that even most former Steelers supporters are happy to embrace the history.

To a point. I appreciate what 'St George' have achieved, but can't get that excited about it. Pre 1999 they were just another opposition team.

As a Steelers fan, I hated the Dragons for signing Geoff Selby in the early '80s. Potentially the best forward ever.
I was filthy about the Dragons knocking us out in the major semi of '92. That pass was forward and the ONLY team that could beat the Broncos that year was the Steelers.

BUT I'm now as passionate about the Dragons as I was a Steeler.

Go the Red V !!

Jasdragon

Juniors

I'm pretty much the same.

Latest posts