What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do you think Jamie Lyon will end up at?

Where do you think Jamie Lyon will end up at?

• Wests Tigers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta Eels

• St. George Dragons

• 16th NRL team

• Total voters

magpiemax

Juniors
#4 said:
Magpiemax,

Whats the chances of Parra letting Lyon come to Wests Tigers?

How interested is Lyon on playing for us?

I hope if he does come he wants to come back and play footy its for the love of it.
The impression I get is that Parramatta do not have a problem with us. :idea:
Lyon is interested or at least his manager is, as he is the one who contacted Steve Noyce first for expression's of interest. 8)
Basically Manly and Wests Tigers are the only one's who can both afford and fit him under the cap. :D
I know Noyce did'nt speak to his manager today as he was in CEO meeting's all day today. :cry:

Juniors
Sounds promising!

Lets hope he ends up signing on the dotted line.

Even though I don't rate Matt Jobson I would feel sorry for him because it means he probably won't have a club with him asking for a release from the Warriors. I guess he wishes he signed with us last year.

BJ

Juniors
sounds very promising.. guess we've all been asking for one marquee signing and this would be it..
it'd be the player with that "x-factor" that we all think the team needs..
keep us up to date regularly max or anyone with some inside contacts..

mikey

Juniors
I can just see it:

Prince does an in and out - sends the ball to Marshall - Marshall steps inside his man - connects with a flying Lyons running a different angle - Lyons breaks the first tackle - comes to the fullback - looks for support - and links up with Hodgson who's in!

A great Weststigers try!

We would have a fantastic backline if Lyons was there. It would probably also convince Marshall to stay to be part of a team that would give the premiership a real shake.

We also need Lyons to provide more high level experience in our backs. He would be able to take some pressure off whoever is captain next year so they concentrate on guiding the forwards around the park.

jy

Juniors
being a long-time tigers support i am a natural pessimist and wary of hyperbole. BUT ... if we did get Lyon i honestly think we could go top 4 next year. he would be the missing link - an out and out star in the outside backs that we have been longing after for so many years.

[-o< [-o< [-o<

Eddie.

Bench
There was a article today in League Week saying about the tigers and Lyon, saying we are a good chance

Headline - Jungle Fever - Why a Runaway Lyon would look right at home in the Tigers Den

Sheens - " We believe we can make a return to the NRL very attractive for Jamie, the club is going places and we can offer him a rural setting near our Campbelltown base if he wants to live out of the big city, most clubs are already right on the salary cap limit but we still have some room to move

Also in the article

* The tigers are looking for a private sponsor - possibly Harry to foot the bill for Lyon

HMMMMMMMMM....

Anonymous

Juniors
Holy shit. It must be a good chance for Timmy Sheens of all people to come out and say that.

He would make our team - not because of his talent necessarily, but because people want to play with class. And he is just that.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Sounds a lot more promising than i ever could've imagined really. Still im not gonna get my hopes up . I'll just sit here and let it all unfold.

HOT028

Juniors
this is sounding better ever day, come on jamie leave the dark side and join us, we are your father!

magpiemax

Juniors
More contact was made today as Steve Noyce was talking to Jamie Lyon's uncle this morning and I don't know what happened after that as Noyce left the office with some colleague's as they went to the horse races today. :roll:

But it's good to see that there is constant contact there i Guess!! :D :clap:

Davester

Juniors
According to SMH he's making his decision today. I'm guessing it will be no further then the end of the weekend? so I hope...

Latest posts