What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where does maguire start

WOW has Maguire got a job and a half next year.
Watching today Souths under Lang have got no idea!
How can Lang keep picking players like Wesser and not try something diff,Sutton to lock,Inglis to 5/8,anything that gives the impression to us that they actually give a f--k.
Nil game plan
No 6th tackle option
No offloads
Sandow cant tackle,thank god he is leaving,we cant hide him anywhere on the field.
Most of the others cant tackle
Dumb players
No leader on the field
Cant close down other teams offloads,or adjust play to counter what the other team does,Matteo killed us.
I didnt drive down from Newcastle today,I feel sorry for all the fans who actually think that the cach and players actually give a f--k.
Bet you that Grandad Lang picks the same team next week with Wesser.
I am dumb,but wow all these highly paid professionals,coach,players and administrators,look as dumb as me.

Noa

First Grade
He'll start with defence, if you cant defend you wont get a start.

This immediately puts Luke, Farrell & Pettybourne in peril.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The only good thing that could come from such an embarassing game is you'd hopefully think Lang would be forced into changes. But it's unlikely. IMO Sandow shouldn't play another 1st grade game for us, we have to start thinking about the future and he isn't part of our future.

Noa

First Grade
Based on what i saw today this is the team Id go with next year

1. Merritt
2. Mansour
3. King
4. McQueen
5. Roberts/Talanoa
6. Inglis
7. Reynolds (?)
8. Taylor
9. Peats
10. Asotasi
11. Burgess
12. Sutton
13. Croker

14. G. Burgess
15. Clarke
16. Luke
17. ???? - probably Luke Burgess

Swap Roberts for Merritt and drop Talanoa if he's up to it.

Last edited:
Totally agree,that should be Wesser and Sandow's last ever game for us,how would Parra feel.
Who is our assistant coach,give him a chance,Lang has got no idea!

tbunny

Juniors
he is going to have to light a fire under these blokes arses that's for sure. cannot play mistake free football and cannot defend for the full 80. cannot do the simple things and have to have a major attitude adjustment. they are wearing me out. f**k they were terrible and that is praising them

BunniesMan

Immortal
Noa, that's probably the 17 I'd go with too. Peats has been very good for us and I'd give him a go in the #9. I'd like to see how Luke would go as an impact player off the bench.

I think if he gets on and is 100% fresh when all the big boys are buggered, he could do more damage than he currently does.

He'll start with defence, if you cant defend you wont get a start.

This immediately puts Luke, Farrell & Pettybourne in peril.

I take everything I said about Luke being the second best hooker in the comp, you were right, he has poor service and makes such stupid mistakes.

boo_boo

Juniors
I'm optimistic that Maguire can & will turn our club around.
Surely now the management can see what damage they have done & will keep out of Maguires way so that he can do what he is paid to do.

tbunny

Juniors
I take everything I said about Luke being the second best hooker in the comp, you were right, he has poor service and makes such stupid mistakes.

yep and Luke started it all with a stupid mistake to give them the ball in our half and that great pass he gave to Locke to send them out to 12

Noa

First Grade

You could knock me over with a feather every time I see some-one concede on the interwebz :lol:.

Props to you XF9 :cool:

haha

Juniors
I was going to start an " official countdown till langy and his stepson wesser piss off" thread.
I think it will tie in well with this one though.

6 weeks.:D

I can't judge sandow until he plays under a decent coach but I think he'll improve at parra.

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
Round 1 vs. Roosters 2012

1. Greg Inglis
2. Nathan Merritt
3. Chris McQueen
4. Matt King
5. Josh Mansour
6. John Sutton
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Luke Burgess
9. Nathan Peats
10. Roy Asotasi (c)
11. Sam Burgess
12. Dave Taylor
13. Michael Crocker (c)

14. Jason Clark
15. Scott Geddes
16. George Burgess
17. Issac Luke

18. Eddy Pettybourne
19. Dave Tyrell
20. Ben Lowe

James Roberts still got another year in 20s, let the kid develop, he aint ready yet. see how he goes in NYC next year. Ben Lowe has gone missing ever since he came back from injury. Glad sandow is on the way out, an off season with Sutton, King, Taylor and Inglis in the 6,4,12 and 1. will be really good. Sutton is looking much better now and will play 5/8 next year, he had no off season with Inglis and we have a dead-beat coach, Sutton will shine under Maguire. As well as Matt Johns will be our new assistant coach, if he can work with Sutton heaps in the off-season, expect big improvements in him

Noa

First Grade
He also needs to overhaul your talent ID structures the the type of player you are indentifying. And forget about this romantic notion of relying on local juniors as your main pool to draw from e.g. If your not in NZ now looking at the young league & union players your not serious about winning.

inside_pass

Bench
Terrible effort today!
I have never seen a team with a pretty decent roster be so inconsistent from week to week.
Souths have obviously got the balance of their side all wrong.
I think they need a total cleanout and then recruit players that can defend and never give in.Don't even think about attack but start with a strong defensive side for next year.
I'm a Dragons fan and in 2009 we got our defense right but didn't have the best attack.
Once they had that right they then concentrated on attack and look where it's got them.
It took a while to get the side right but once we did we won a premiership and are a chance this year because every player in the side knows their role and what's expected of them.This brings consistency and that's what Souths need.

Latest posts