What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to from here ?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Hopefully this is the season that gives us the short term pain for long term gain. Lets hope this dismal season is effective in a way that the board realise Browny is not the right man for the job and that the experience these debutants (Nightingale, Morris, Stanley, Chase, Ellis, Hunt) gained this season will transalte to next season.

If the board are seriously happy with the crap dished out this season then next season will be a long season, if not hopefully they will make the changes mentioned above.

How bad was the attack this year? They looked clueless. I think that is due to having no Barrett but I know a heap of you won't agree.

Who would be a good coach to replace Brown? I personally think Lang will do good but others to come to mind is Potter who is doing well in ESL, Gould who may comeand help his beloved Dragons win the illustrious premiership they have been craving for or perhaps Adriam Lam who may be a suprise to some but has impressed alot of other clubs.

The best halves combination proved to be Chase and Soward. They hit it off from word go. They Beat the Bronc's (full strength) and Manly etc. They were very impressive and to have a halves combination be effective from the word go is just stupid to break up. If Gaz wants the club to go forward maybe he should just sit back and play in the centres cause since he has been there they have not looked half as good. Actually, the only time they did look good was when Chase came on. If Chase is not selected at 5/8 he should be hooker. He definately adds spark to the attack.

Lets just hope this season does not go to waste.........

The Preacher

First Grade
Slippery Morris said:
If the board are seriously happy with the crap dished out this season then next season will be a long season, if not hopefully they will make the changes mentioned above.

Who would be a good coach to replace Brown? quote]

If we have the same board next season we will have more of the same crap dished out.

Johnston for Doust and The Wok for Browny.

More power to the Footy Club Members.

Father Ted

First Grade
The Preacher said:
Slippery Morris said:

Who would be a good coach to replace Brown? quote]

If we have the same board next season we will have more of the same crap dished out.

Johnston for Doust and The Wok for Browny.

More power to the Footy Club Members.

Same board ,same again next season .

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The Wok? His last gig at the Knights was disasterous.....Not even Johns could play under him and he don't need much.

The Preacher

First Grade
I feel we need a coach in the Wok/Gus style to bring us to our full potential. It's time we had a tried and tested premiership winning coach, not just someone who should make a good coach.

big pat

Coach
just say saints wanted to get rid of browny, who would be available, there's not alot to choose from really,ryan,gould,bellamy,bennett,dan anderson, all unavailable, who's left.maybe lang but he might not want to do it anymore.

Father Ted

First Grade
big pat said:
just say saints wanted to get rid of browny, who would be available, there's not alot to choose from really,ryan,gould,bellamy,bennett,dan anderson, all unavailable, who's left.maybe lang but he might not want to do it anymore.

Dave Waite maybe or Mick Potter . Although I have heard Bennett may be available soon . The problem Brownie had for years is that he is a good bloke apparently , the players haven't listened to him for years now thats probably why he slapped a couple of em a few years back .

big pat

Coach
thats the problem father he is too nice a bloke, you need someone like bennett who speaks and the players listen, bennett has that air of authority about him.

The Preacher

First Grade
big pat said:
thats the problem father he is too nice a bloke, you need someone like bennett who speaks and the players listen, bennett has that air of authority about him.[/quote]

So has a shotgun, do you think it would help to get rid of Doust? :sarcasm:

big pat

Coach
The Preacher said:
big pat said:
thats the problem father he is too nice a bloke, you need someone like bennett who speaks and the players listen, bennett has that air of authority about him.[/quote]

So has a shotgun, do you think it would help to get rid of Doust? :sarcasm:
if doust was in the corporate world he would have got booted long ago, but we are talking about the st george old boys club here, thats why he wont go, i also think the board doesn't blame doust. in a nutshell the saints board is as weak as piss.

beecww

Juniors
I don't participate very often, but thought I should congratulate you all on really sensible input. Unfortunately it will all be to no avail. You are offering constructive criticism to a club that is bordering on the ridiculous. This is a club that is going to buy Sailor, so no matter what he will play. Don't forget that they will also buy their usual array of over the hill no talent forwards at $5 per season such as Peek, Isemonger etc. and they will play too. I have supported this club for more than 50 years and never seen it in such a mess.
I have heard that the players support Brown. That must be because they all accept mediocrity. Heaven help us.

This Year?

Immortal
If Gaz can go back to centre, Soward decides to pass a bit more often and the best 17 can get on the field consistently I think they could give it a shake.
This season has been frustrating to watch because there have been times when they have looked good but couldn't go on with it. They have looked boring in attack (which is something usually not associated with the Red V) and haven't been able to cover their defensive inefficiencies. Their discipline has been atrocious and they haven't had enough muscle up front.
Having said that, Stanley has been a revelation and Ellis has potential. I think the Woolford experiment hasn't worked. If they really are serious about Sailor then maybe he could play at hooker. Also we need someone who can take the focus away from Soward in attack.

SilverSteeler

Juniors
over the hill no talent forwards at $5 per season such as Peek, Isemonger etc.

Peek has fulfilled his role as bench prop well, it's our big names like Ryles and Poore that aren't performing. Before Isemonger got dropped to PL he was playing better than Payne and Houston.

I think the Woolford experiment hasn't worked.

Too right, he hasn't been making any metres out of dummy half. He is just too easy to read for the opposing defence. Sack him and get Gatis for cheap from the Warriors or start Ellis.

Godz Illa

Coach
SilverSteeler said:
Peek has fulfilled his role as bench prop well, it's our big names like Ryles and Poore that aren't performing.
Ryles practically carried the forward pack on his own the other night. Hit up stats: Ryles made 130 metres. Sims 81m. Hunt 69m. Creagh 56m. Payne 35m. Setu 31m. Peek 29m. Houston 28m. Pitiful input from Peek and Houston in particular - and Houston played 65 minutes!

SilverSteeler

Juniors
Ryles was the pick of the bunch on the night but overall has he lived up to his expectations? Peek has had a good year and has played better than anyone could expect from him.
And Houston was sh*t alright.

_Johnsy

Referee
we suck from the board room right through to the 17 playing, that has been the story for 07.

Godz Illa

Coach
Depends on your expectations. Ryles has been the forward leader all season long. I don't expect anything less.