What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to from here?

Yosh

Coach
Where to from here?

bottom 4.

Okay.. Realistically speaking, most objectively (I'm not too good at it so I'm asking you lads):

If Penrith are a 10/10 and the Rabbits, Eels, Roosters, Storm and Raiders are 8s and 9s out of 10. What are we? Are we looking at 5~6 even when we're at full strength? Or are we lower at 3ish and we still have a far way to go?

I'm asking because I really thought we'd finish the season around 5th or 6th... Clearly we are playing a different ball game to the best sides in the competition (almost literally). I can't see us finishing outside the bottom 4 after the past three performances.

Jono078

Referee
Okay.. Realistically speaking, most objectively (I'm not too good at it so I'm asking you lads):

If Penrith are a 10/10 and the Rabbits, Eels, Roosters, Storm and Raiders are 8s and 9s out of 10. What are we? Are we looking at 5~6 even when we're at full strength? Or are we lower at 3ish and we still have a far way to go?

I'm asking because I really thought we'd finish the season around 5th or 6th... Clearly we are playing a different ball game to the best sides in the competition (almost literally). I can't see us finishing outside the bottom 4 after the past three performances.
I don't think we know what our ceiling is this year, it's much higher than what we've shown so far I know that much.

Those teams you've rattled off have at least started the season at 100%. The Roosters have been affected but they handle it like pros.

Burwood

Bench
This might not be too popular, but I think one of our biggest strengths is also one of our biggest weaknesses. We have a big forward pack, but they are all an identical style of player.

Klemmer, Saifitis and King don’t offer any points of difference, and with our current style of attack where we rely on one out hit ups, they are far too easy to shut down. It feels like frizell is the only forward in the entire club with any decent leg speed.

With the rule changes over the last 12 months, I think we have a team much better suited to the older rules.

Yosh

Coach
Another question:

When we attack, why does msot of the team stand 15 metres behind the player with the ball? Why aren't we pushing up together?

Knight76

Juniors
Another question:

When we attack, why does msot of the team stand 15 metres behind the player with the ball? Why aren't we pushing up together?

Oh I know this one, it's because they know the plan is 1 out runs all game.

aqua_duck

Coach
Injuries don't help but we're making so many basic, fundamental errors it's unbelievable, I mean kick offs going out on the fool, not marking up straight from a kick off, terrible kick chase, zero line speed, errors from play the balls, we can't even get the basics right. Our backline in its current form is abysmal, Hunt has been quite serviceable in his time here but he's a solid average NRL winger at best, To'a in my opinion isn't a winger, he played all his junior football at fullback and centre and should be given at shot in the centres, Tuala is good for depth that has a limited ceiling, Shibasaki is below average.

newyboy

Juniors
It feels like frizell is the only forward in the entire club with any decent leg speed.

I've said this for years. We have no leg speed. Frizell has it, but is not heavy enough. We need to head to the British Isles and get some of those 135kg UNION fellas. or Head to the US where they have thousands of athletes far better than anyone in the NRL working at McDonalds etc that couldn't crack the NFL.

aqua_duck

Coach
I've said this for years. We have no leg speed. Frizell has it, but is not heavy enough. We need to head to the British Isles and get some of those 135kg UNION fellas. or Head to the US where they have thousands of athletes far better than anyone in the NRL working at McDonalds etc that couldn't crack the NFL.
Here's hoping Clint Zammit can find us another Taumalolo or Kikau.

Yosh

Coach
I didn't know To'a didn't play winger in the lower grades. Can't be any worse than Shibasaki. I hope we don't have to see Shibasaki again in first grade.

Why don't we try Tuala out on the wing again. Didn't he play his best football for us there?

Oh dear, the "let's raid the NFL cast offs" idea again

Wheres my popcorn

Yosh

Coach
Random question:

I was a kid when Joey debuted so if anyone can remember, did Joey have a similar impact to Sam Walker when he debuted? The kid looks sensational. Looks like the best half in the comp already.

perverse

Referee
Random question:

I was a kid when Joey debuted so if anyone can remember, did Joey have a similar impact to Sam Walker when he debuted? The kid looks sensational. Looks like the best half in the comp already.
Joey scored 23 points and got man of the match in his run-on debut. He always looked special.

Joey had a huge impact and him and Matt had a great combination and understanding.
I can remember them dodging traffic on Turton Rd to get to a game while passing.