What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will kearney play this friday?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
shintaro said:
Mick, Greg or young Tony(bones)?

haha
mate I was an underagey rockin in to the apple after the casbah had either kicked me out or shut down.
often find Mick or Greg in there who I always said hello to & gibbered on how f*cken great they were , which they surely lapped up.

Fun times.

spider

Coach
coolumsharkie said:
Alan Reid's Caringbah Inn was the number one spot in Sydney two years running.
yes it was

back then they rated places on liquor purchases from suppliers

the Inn would purchase on behalf of the outlets in the group then distribute them accordingly - hence massive purchases, no # 1

spider

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
mate I was an underagey rockin in to the apple after the casbah had either kicked me out or shut down.
i was actually of legal age when it became SW 10/Tomcats

spider

Coach
coolumsharkie said:
Did anyone ever know Sned? Caringbah pool hall fame?
ha ha

yeah a few guys i was in year 12 with use to live in that joint

they couldn't play for sh*t though

coolumsharkie

Referee
Sned was a dummy spitter, played the Balley machienes you know the ones were you try and guide the ball to get a straight line lit up. Hence a payout.

Worked at the fish shop just up the stairs at caringbah station. He was one weird merkin.

I went there every afternoon after school to play Space Invaders and smoke ciggies.

Surely

Post Whore
coolumsharkie said:
Sned was a dummy spitter, played the Balley machienes you know the ones were you try and guide the ball to get a straight line lit up. Hence a payout.

Worked at the fish shop just up the stairs at caringbah station. He was one weird merkin.

I went there every afternoon after school to play Space Invaders and smoke ciggies.

is that the place that became the slot car joint ?

Surely

Post Whore
carcharias said:
slot car joint?

bet that is raking it in nowadays.

What don't tell me it's still there :)

Some say computer people are nerds, obviously they never went to the slot car joint.

carcharias

Immortal
Surely said:
What don't tell me it's still there :)

Some say computer people are nerds, obviously they never went to the slot car joint.
I had the 1985 (ish) euro champ stay at my joint in 1999.
He was dutch, and he won it when he was about 12.
He got to go to France for the finals ...he was actually pretty cool.

but yes.
My brother used to be into it in the late 70's early 80's I remember going to watch all the fat fugs and nerds race their home made slot cars

coolumsharkie

Referee
newman said:
Its not still there, Surely?

If quigs sniffs this thread out we are all f**ked.

I think it went back to being a pool hall after the slot car fad fazed out. T'was a very long time ago though.

I was thinking the same thing, although i'm not big on Gymea. Kirrawee's history.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Talaupapa looked a natural at the back, whilst Kearney is probably a good running pivot. I'd stick him there with Dykes at half.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Tamazoid said:
Talaupapa looked a natural at the back, whilst Kearney is probably a good running pivot. I'd stick him there with Dykes at half.

What the f**k are you talking about?? :)

Latest posts