What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Will Penrith Finish In 2021?

Where Will Penrith Finish In 2021?

• 1-4

• 5-8

• 9-12

• 13-16

Results are only viewable after voting.

hindy111

Post Whore
Panthers should also improve I feel.
But never know. How much better will Crighton,Nathan,Luai,Staines,Spencer get? For me that is where they get better.
The rest will be already in their peak. I still feel to go to the next level you need an explosive fullback. Wonder if Crighton ends up there with Mormorski and Naden the centres

betcats

Referee
Panthers should also improve I feel.
But never know. How much better will Crighton,Nathan,Luai,Staines,Spencer get? For me that is where they get better.
The rest will be already in their peak. I still feel to go to the next level you need an explosive fullback. Wonder if Crighton ends up there with Mormorski and Naden the centres

We need to improve when it counts. Bettering our season performance will be very hard but that is not what is important, what matters is there are plenty of ways we can improve what we did in the finals beginning with not choking in the GF.

Fangs

Coach
Souths are my favourites. But Reynolds is made of plastic.

I based Parra potential on Moses/Fergo/Blake having had their worse year. D.Brown & Mahoney improving as very young along with Kafusi who could become very good. The packs tough
Wouldnt suprise if they flop either. Sides can do this. Get off to a poor start and just fold.

Just keep an eye on those Tigers. I'm going to have a sneakie 50 on them to make the 8

Yes but a tough plastic like acrylic. He is a bit underrated at times. A very good halfback.

The Eels were unlucky with injuries at the business end. The Blake/Fergo combination in defence just went to absolute shit and needs massive improvement.

Moses is just a question mark. Joins a long list of halves who just haven't done it well enough in the games that matter. At least he isn't Luke Brooks.

The_Frog

First Grade
I still feel to go to the next level you need an explosive fullback.
Who are these explosive fullbacks? Tedesco and Papenhuyzen. Great runners both of them but neither reads the game as well as the bloke we've already got. I'd be loath to give that up for a bit more speed or a step from the back.

MugaB

Coach
Souths are my favourites. But Reynolds is made of plastic.

I based Parra potential on Moses/Fergo/Blake having had their worse year. D.Brown & Mahoney improving as very young along with Kafusi who could become very good. The packs tough
Wouldnt suprise if they flop either. Sides can do this. Get off to a poor start and just fold.

Just keep an eye on those Tigers. I'm going to have a sneakie 50 on them to make the 8
Oh god please no....
Parra's butter fingers kane evans is gone, blake with his gaping defence is still there, fergo has past it, Moses cant tackle., both browns and gutho are your only saving grace, along with that massive todd paytonesk halfback Junior Paulo, now he is a weapon!.

Nah i reckon close but miss the 8, and tigers have improved their squad in Tamou... but thats it, same old knobs in the centres to lose them the game, and now no try assists without benji, brooks is capable but not under Madge, and not under the current pack they are churning out..

Warriors are my tip for pushing top6, them and gold coast if they can gel with their roster

GongPanther

Referee
They're all another year older. Many key players are over 30. JWH is 32. The Morris brothers turn 35 during the season. They'll be relying on Radley to come back fresh as a daisy but that doesn't always happen, and Crichton to reproduce his late season form. They'll have a rookie half, and Keary and Cordner are concussion risks. I think they'll start well but fade as Old Father Time plays his hand.
What you mentioned here was the case for last season. They looked good against easier opposition, but where caught out against the more stable and quality teams.

Overall, Easts will continue tt entertain with the kind of competitive team they have, but not against formidable clubs.

As for the Panthers my expectations for this season, and future seasons will be that we end up as MPs, but anything outside the top 4 would be unacceptable.

Black Magik

Juniors
I think we will finish outside the top 4.

Just a feelin that the guys with upgrades might be off mentally initially which will hurt early.

hindy111

Post Whore
Who are these explosive fullbacks? Tedesco and Papenhuyzen. Great runners both of them but neither reads the game as well as the bloke we've already got. I'd be loath to give that up for a bit more speed or a step from the back.

Latrel,Ponga,Turbo,Rts are a few more explosive fullbacks. So there is 6.
Gutherson not so but his ball playing is exceptional. But again I also feel they lose a lot with him there.
I like fast fullback who can pass and get through a gap.

The_Frog

First Grade
Latrel,Ponga,Turbo,Rts are a few more explosive fullbacks. So there is 6.
Gutherson not so but his ball playing is exceptional. But again I also feel they lose a lot with him there.
I like fast fullback who can pass and get through a gap.
Latrell isn't even a fullback, he's only there because the pay's better. The other 3 are all good players, as is CNK and Gutherson as well. It's a good time for fullbacks. But not one of them reads the game like Edwards.

The_Frog

First Grade
Warriors are my tip for pushing top6, them and gold coast if they can gel with their roster
If the Warriors could have kept Payten, they'd give the 8 a shake. But with Brown, I have doubts. He'll leave them in better shape than he found them though.

WestyLife

First Grade
Latrell isn't even a fullback, he's only there because the pay's better. The other 3 are all good players, as is CNK and Gutherson as well. It's a good time for fullbacks. But not one of them reads the game like Edwards.
Mitchell played fullback coming through the Roosters lower grade.

panthersam

Juniors

Just a feelin that the guys with upgrades might be off mentally initially which will hurt early.

I’d hope it would go the other way if anything, with that out of the way all they will need to concentrate on is training hard and playing well.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah I like Dylan but either Critter or Staines will take fullback

Given how ruthless the brains trust have been this of season Dylan is going to have to have a very good 2021 otherwise I suspect he may not see out his contract which as it stands is till 2022.

Crashtest

Juniors

Hopefully it’s the opposite, and with their futures now sorted, they are mentally focused and ready from game 1.

I still think unless there are a lot of injuries, we finish top 2.