What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will we finish

Pezz70

Juniors
Origin time was always going to be a problem for us and I think it's the only reason Anasta has survived. We just don't have the depth to cover Farah, hence Anasta in the side and Austin as the quasi utility on the bench, just to cover Luani. If Fulton wasn't a minute to minute proposition (during Origin) on the field Anasta would be gone, I think if Halatau was 100% it may be the same case. It's amazing what Farah adds in the attacking 20, his timing and match craft is impeccable. We are a still a good chance to make the bottom half of the eight, injuries allowing, which would be a decent result

Bench
Friday Daily Telegraph had a small section in Sport under the headline 'Shoosh' It stated...
Which rookie player - Who is tipped to be a superstar - is putting massive pressure on a long-established NRL player who is struggling through the twilight of his career ?

I thought about it for a while and believe it is referring to Moses and Anasta.

I don't believe we will see Austin replace Anasta in the 6 jersey at any point in 2014 unless it is through injury but given this article and I remember when Moses was suspended earlier this year for mouthing off during the origin game there was talk that he was going to get a run in Nrl that weekend, does anyone believe that Moses could be handed the 6 jersey this year ? I haven't seen enough of him this year to join the debate or whether or not he can handle it but if there is any truth to the articles well then maybe we will. Thoughts ???

Hell he can't be worse than Anasta,give him a shot.

Would be shocked if he did. He isnt ready.

A game or two if we are out of finals contention would be good.

But......something needs to happen to get our season on track.....

I dare say if we dont beat Canberra today there we be more rumblings for Potter to get pro-active and make changes.The continual selection of Anasta is beyond me,for the life of me i can not work out what he even brings to the team.

Friday Daily Telegraph had a small section in Sport under the headline 'Shoosh' It stated...
Which rookie player - Who is tipped to be a superstar - is putting massive pressure on a long-established NRL player who is struggling through the twilight of his career ?

I thought about it for a while and believe it is referring to Moses and Anasta.

I don't believe we will see Austin replace Anasta in the 6 jersey at any point in 2014 unless it is through injury but given this article and I remember when Moses was suspended earlier this year for mouthing off during the origin game there was talk that he was going to get a run in Nrl that weekend, does anyone believe that Moses could be handed the 6 jersey this year ? I haven't seen enough of him this year to join the debate or whether or not he can handle it but if there is any truth to the articles well then maybe we will. Thoughts ???

Cornish and Campese....

TheFrog

Coach
With 11 rounds to go where do most people think we will finish?

I predict 13 wins/11 losses for 30 points, but missing out on 8th on for and against, with Broncos 8th Storm 9th Tigers 10th.

Unless there are a lot of upsets from the bottom 4 or 5 teams, it will take 30 plus a good F/A to make 8th this year I feel.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
One idea I could suggest

6 - Sironen
7 - Brooks

14 - Moses.

Bring Moses on 10 mins from HT and move Siro to back row.

It allows Siro to get injected back into NRL footy and eases him into the back row, while still allowing him to form a good combination with Tedesco and Brooks (which will be integral to his performance as a back rower, as he could fill the role that Ellis once did).

For mine it would serve two purposes.

This is one of the better ideas I have seen posted on the forum. You need the extra forward for the opening stages. Sirro is a handy ball player. Its too greater risk to play Moses from the kick off particularly in a high intensity run to the finals.

Sides in the NRL play so similarly, it would be great to see Potter try something out of the box like this

Siro needs to be in 6. Hadnt thought of bench for Moses.
I actually like it. Use him as the game dictates.
Siro becomes fourth bench forward...

macnaz

Staff member
Unfortunately we wont see any perceived good ideas.. we will plod on until we cant make the 8 then look to 2015 when all is lost .