What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will we finish

Tigers Tale

Juniors
With 11 rounds to go where do most people think we will finish?

We are 10th at the moment (corrected to byes) and a shocking for and against. We have a few games we should win and some win well and a few games that are very tough and could blow out. I am a bit concerned we will finish about 28 points with our bad for and against this could see us miss the 8.

What do others think of our run home and where we will finish?

Fordy20

Juniors
28 points seems like a conservative estimate. After Origin, Anasta will be punted and we'll see a bit more from the right side attack with Austin moving into the halves. Gavet and Woods will be back and we'll have that forward back that rolled over the top of teams like Manly, the Titans and Souths. I reckon we will win 6 of our last 11 matches at the very least, which will put us on 30 and on track for a top 8 finish. But if we're a chance of winning the premiership, we need wins against the competition heavy weights like the Roosters, the Bulldogs and the Storm.

innsaneink

Referee
I think the long season is starting to take its toll on the young blokes.
The heavyweights will start to get a move on soon if not already
Weve had 2 byes, 6 of the 7 teams behind us still have a bye in hand.
10-12th as I thought pre-season,,,about 26 points

Vic Mackey

Referee
I did the ladder predictor and had us just missing the 8. We have a pretty tough run home. Dogs twice, roosters, cowboys in Townsville, storm and Penrith without Farah/woods

As long as we put in every game for the rest of the year I'll be happy with how 2014 went, making the finals would be a bonus

For the WT to make the 8 our forwards need to dominate,i am not convinced about the back row we have at the moment,Sirro,Blair and Thomo didn't actually set the world on fire last year and each has a habit of going missing.
Brooks needs a partner other than Anasta at 5/8 or we can forget the semi-finals while something has to be also done with Lawrence if he doesn't improve quickly.

TYGA

Juniors
28 points seems like a conservative estimate. After Origin, Anasta will be punted and we'll see a bit more from the right side attack with Austin moving into the halves. Gavet and Woods will be back and we'll have that forward back that rolled over the top of teams like Manly, the Titans and Souths. I reckon we will win 6 of our last 11 matches at the very least, which will put us on 30 and on track for a top 8 finish. But if we're a chance of winning the premiership, we need wins against the competition heavy weights like the Roosters, the Bulldogs and the Storm.

We play Canberra twice (4 points), Sharks (2 points), Dragons (2 points) 8 Points I would be extremely confident about.

We also play Penrith, Roosters, Dogs twice, Storm.
I actually think we all get 28 points but given for and against we will still miss out.
Next 2 games Canberra & Penrith (-Farah/Woods) at home are key.

FootynRacing

Juniors
Friday Daily Telegraph had a small section in Sport under the headline 'Shoosh' It stated...
Which rookie player - Who is tipped to be a superstar - is putting massive pressure on a long-established NRL player who is struggling through the twilight of his career ?

I thought about it for a while and believe it is referring to Moses and Anasta.

I don't believe we will see Austin replace Anasta in the 6 jersey at any point in 2014 unless it is through injury but given this article and I remember when Moses was suspended earlier this year for mouthing off during the origin game there was talk that he was going to get a run in Nrl that weekend, does anyone believe that Moses could be handed the 6 jersey this year ? I haven't seen enough of him this year to join the debate or whether or not he can handle it but if there is any truth to the articles well then maybe we will. Thoughts ???

macnaz

Staff member
He is tough enough , confident enough , but it will always come down to wether he is big enough. We carried Prince and Benji when he was twig so I guess we could , especially if his attack adds more then any defence negatives.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
His attack is definitely good enough.

I worry about his size. I'd hate to see him get injured trying to pull off a tackle on some 120kg forward.

macnaz

Staff member
His attack is definitely good enough.

I worry about his size. I'd hate to see him get injured trying to pull off a tackle on some 120kg forward.

Yeah true , he gets targeted fairly heavily in state cup and cops a lot of big shots but it doesnt seem to faze him. Either way im happy to play him or leave him , just as long as someone takes over from Anasta.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
One idea I could suggest

6 - Sironen
7 - Brooks

14 - Moses.

Bring Moses on 10 mins from HT and move Siro to back row.

It allows Siro to get injected back into NRL footy and eases him into the back row, while still allowing him to form a good combination with Tedesco and Brooks (which will be integral to his performance as a back rower, as he could fill the role that Ellis once did).

For mine it would serve two purposes.

super_coach

First Grade
This team hit the wall months ago and I am afraid I think they could even be hard pressed to beat Canberra. I think they will finish well outside the eight. Potter needed to make obvious changes at least a month ago but he took the Conservative approach.It is now probably to late to expect the likes of Austin or Moses to be able to come into the team and turn the season around

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I always thought the Tigers would be in the top 10 this year, and that would be a pass mark.

I don't think the focus should be primarily getting this season on track, but getting our future spine together so that they have some NRL experience and can be used from Round 1 next year where we should be aiming to make the finals (and anything less to be considered a failure).

BrotherJim05

Bench
If Potter wakes up and re-organizes the team to the way we had it at the start of the season then we are a good chance of making the 8.

When we had our monster bench we were smashing our way through all the big teams. If we go back to this strategy we will have the go forward to start putting on points. If our forwards can muscle up once again then i'd be willing to roll the dice with Moses. If he plays right side then Bodene would have his work cut out for helping him out in defence, but at least our attack would vastly improve.

If we don't make the 8 its because of poor team selections.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bodene is not a good defender.

He'd make a terrible minder.

Paterson or Fulton is the ideal minder to have around Moses.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I don't think the focus should be primarily getting this season on track, but getting our future spine together so that they have some NRL experience and can be used from Round 1.

I couldn't agree more. If Potter can get that spine right all else should come into place. I can't understand how our attack has gone so bad, well I can actually but I just can't believe Potter hasn't made the necessary changes to stop it.

I'd like Potter to be a bit more flexible with his selections and not wait until the horse has bolted to make a change. This year if we are going to make the 8 (based on our run home) is nearly at that critical point....