What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will we finish?

Where will we finish in 2020?

• Total voters

Benek

Juniors
The season hasn't even started and I already have that mid-season sense of dread. Our competition-worst forward pack has only gotten weaker with injuries. Neither Green nor Nikorima are looking great - still too much uncertainty and mediocrity in the halves.

Apart from the return of Tohu, we have a worse squad than last year. Expectations, for me, have never been lower. I can't remember heading into a new season with zero sense of excitement.

I predict the worst Warriors season in at least a decade. A bottom 3 finish, very likely wooden spoon. I hope I'm wrong and they overachieve, but I just don't see where any spark is going to come from. CHT has potential to bloom this year, but not behind this pack, and not if he doesn't earn a consistent starting spot.

Are there any signs of light that I'm missing?

Diesel

Referee
I think many of us have checked out. SK’s playing style is terrible to watch, his inability to bring in new players. Our season was over very quickly last year and SK should’ve promoted from within the squad for underperforming players, at least. Now we have a lot of younger guys without any or much experience.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I’m gonna say it like we do every year, but I reckon this is our year!
To finally get a wooden spoon

spear tackle

Juniors
Have we ever lost by a ton? Cant say I remember it but if we get that low I think its safe to say the spoon is ours.

Campion

Juniors
I remember a season way back when I was a youngster where we had John Simon in the halfs. I think that team inspired less faith than our current one and I can't recall it having any superstars. But not far off... To be fair, I think much of it lies with the coach. You've got RTS and you've got magic happening; Tohu Harris as well -- so it places better than the John Simon days. But much of the rest is dour.

TheDMC

Bench
A lack of anticipation and optimism means we can only be pleasantly surprised. Which is better than having high hopes turn slowly into despair.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I can remember that John Simon captained side beating a Finals bound Newcastle side
42-0(I think that was the scoreline).

back in the days when standard warriors form was to be out of finals contention by 2/3 of the way through the season and they’d go on a late season run that meant nothing. Now we seem to do the reverse.