What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will we win it and predict the score.

Just wondering what your thoughts are about this weekends game against the Tigers. Please answer the following:

How will we beat them (please refrain from saying something like we will score more points)?

Predict the score

STG 002

First Grade
i'm gonna vomit. i might stay off the forums this week. too much over confidence here.

ebbedfred

Bench
I don't care how we win, as long as we do. I don't care by how many we win, 1 will do.

The Tigers are such an unpredictable team, they are the metaphoric "box of chocolates", you never know what you're gonna get. We need to make sure we do not underestimate them and start well, hold them out early. If we do that it will go a long way to winning the game.

This game will be about pressure, who handles it better. I don't think there would be many Dragons fans who aren't a little anxious or nervous about this game. Hell, it's a Grand Final qualifier, if you not a little anxious about it there you are either a stone, Fonzie or don't care enough about the team.

I think if we handle the pressure (Bennett is the man you want in charge for these games), and the Tigers don't have a freakish day we'll be ok.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I think that we’ll win something like 22-12 with Bennett concentrating on defence.
Tigers will get their points from inside our red zone off the back of penalties earned by Farah catching our forwards offside.
We should get them out wide with Creagh and Scott causing damage. Look for an early kicking game especially in the first half and especially if we have the wind (what there will be of it) behind us. All things considered their pack can rate 50:50 with ours if they’re on their game. We’re better defensively out wide.
Boyd will be working both sides of the field in attack I think and on the right, he, Gaz, Scott and Nighty will give them nightmares. That said if Morris gets any room he may score a couple.
Marshall is going to cop some strong defence but legal IMO as they won’t want to miss him as he tries to skirt around the defence

I don't care how we win, as long as we do. I don't care by how many we win, 1 will do.

The Tigers are such an unpredictable team, they are the metaphoric "box of chocolates", you never know what you're gonna get. We need to make sure we do not underestimate them and start well, hold them out early. If we do that it will go a long way to winning the game.

This game will be about pressure, who handles it better. I don't think there would be many Dragons fans who aren't a little anxious or nervous about this game. Hell, it's a Grand Final qualifier, if you not a little anxious about it there you are either a stone, Fonzie or don't care enough about the team.

I think if we handle the pressure (Bennett is the man you want in charge for these games), and the Tigers don't have a freakish day we'll be ok.

Thanks Fred I fully agree

Dragonwest

Juniors
Normally I'm very nervous about Farrah and his ability to engage offside markers and roll his team up the field.

However I've noticed over the last couple of months that there seems to have been a conscious decision by the team to not to make a rushed effort to get to marker if a defender is caught out of place. We have more forwards than any other team the roll off to the side, remain out of play at the ruck and run back to the line after would than any other team.

Last edited:

hardbaby

Coach
To beat the Dragons you need to stop the roll on in our forwards. The Tigers won't be able to do that. So that's where we'll win. Having said that I think the deciding factor will be Gasnier. He is looking really slick now, has an amazing record against the Tigers and their centres are busted.

Looking at the flip side for Tigers to win they need to be 50:50 with our pack (possible), be patient (unlikely), not be stupid (unlikely) and hope that Marshall has a blinder (possible).

My prediction: Dragons 28 Tigers 10

The Gambler

Juniors
To beat the Dragons you need to stop the roll on in our forwards. The Tigers won't be able to do that. So that's where we'll win. Having said that I think the deciding factor will be Gasnier. He is looking really slick now, has an amazing record against the Tigers and their centres are busted.

Looking at the flip side for Tigers to win they need to be 50:50 with our pack (possible), be patient (unlikely), not be stupid (unlikely) and hope that Marshall has a blinder (possible).

My prediction: Dragons 28 Tigers 10
Didn't watch the Tigers beat the Raiders on the weekend? Their pack is just as good as yours and the Tigers forwards contained them well up the middle.

j0nesy

Bench
Dragons 22 - 14. Tigers off to an early lead (6-0), after the Dragons start a little slowly. It will be close at half time, but I think we'll come home the stronger, outlasting a hopefully tired Tigers outfit. I think (hope) we'll beat them with stamina, defence and a low error rate. Our forward rotation will wear them down with guys like Weyman, Costigan, Smith, Creagh and Saffy hitting their line. Watch for Fien to hurt them around the fringes late in each half. There's a good chance that we will hurt them down the right side, they looked particularly susceptible in defence there against the Raiders.

Is there anyone I haven't mentioned, or any cliche I forgot? :)

Balmain Bug

Juniors
I think we will smash the living bejesus out of you in the first 20 minutes and youz will drop your load.

Latest posts