What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheres Your Loyalty?

Radical Rat

Juniors
its sad to say but the best we have looked since winning the comp was when benji and farah were out and matt head was completely running the show. i was stoked and couldnt wait until he could link up with farah/head.

but then when they came back head wandered round the field like a stranger and touched the ball about 5 times a game.

NC is 100% right, sheens coachs a team. he has about 20 players he likes and if 1 goes down he replaces them with 1 of those 20. it doesnt matter if a halfback gets injured and there isnt another halfback in his little group, he'll just bring a winger in and move the others around to accomodate this.

i was speaking with nick graham a few years back at the races and he said he hated his time with the tigers. he had a clash with a senior player (who has since retired) and since this player was part of sheens little group graham was outcast for the rest of his time here. Graham even tried to sort it out with said player and sheens but they weren't interested.

now im not saying nick graham should have been in first grade, however he was on over $200k with us and was wasting away in reserve grade because of one little blow up with one of sheens golden childs.

actually f*ck it, the other player was scott sattler.

Those 2 names are a great example of why this club has been such a basket case from day 1.

Eddie.

Bench
Some very good points raised.

I often talk to one of the coaches/trainers who often sits on the same bench as Sheens during game time (although more involved with the BRET side of things)

He said Sheens is well respected and a good football coach with great knowledge. However he said he is very stubborn (a surprise to no one) and that his selections cause just as much head scratching in the offices and amoung senior players and those outside the click.

Plenty of people within WT were laughing and shaking their heads when Fitzy got re-signed this season. And Farah was pretty filthy about being moved to halfback (again info that is not really anything surprising or re vealing)

macnaz

Staff member
Tiger loyalty is obviously a pisstake, all his points and even his name are too cliche

someone has way too much tine on their hands....

The mods or admin should be able to check the ip adress and see if it is from a current member. I post on another site and i know they have busted banned members loging in with an alias, so it can be done. It would be interesting to know who this person is.

Sheens is a good coach on the coaching aspect. As far as getting the best out of players, getting the players respect and team commeraderie, he's fine. He just can't select for sh*t.

TigerLoyalty

Juniors
What supporter would have a picture of Tim Sheens misconfigured face.

Terrible. Youd sell your mum for a buck.

No Loyalty.

Front-Rower

First Grade
What supporter would have a picture of Tim Sheens misconfigured face.

Terrible. Youd sell your mum for a buck.

No Loyalty.

We have loyalty to the club not the individual. We try and point out what we think is right for the club in terms of winning games and gaining some success.

Loyalty to the individual is not being a true supporter. Are you going to support Souths if Teflon coaches them in 2012?

TigerLoyalty

Juniors
Nope. I support the Tigers regardless of who HE chooses from week to week, how THEY play week to week, regardless of THEIR results year to year.

I dont follow a coach. I dont follow a player.

I never said I did. You implied I do.

Radical Rat

Juniors
Nope. I support the Tigers regardless of who HE chooses from week to week, how THEY play week to week, regardless of THEIR results year to year.

Are you sure you don't work on the Tigers board? It's ridiculous blind support like this that has put us in this situation.

I think it's fine if you want to go down the naieve path of blindly following the club, never questioning any decisions, I guess we need supporters like that as well, but i'd much rather have some tough questions asked and answered so that we can develop further as a club.

Front-Rower

First Grade

You constantly stick up for him.

We all support the club otherwise we wouldn't be here talking about the tigers. Being loyal doesn't mean you have to support every thing that happens within the club.

I don't care which political party you support but would you not be critical of them if they told you that taxes where to be raised to 75% of your income? Ofcourse you would.

Just like the same crap we have to put up with every week, every year when Fitzhenry trots out on to the field or Marshall was continually played at halfback in 2009 or when Farah gets moved out of hooker. Just like when a new bloke gets his chance in the team only to be moved from his picked position and ends up somewhere between fullback and wing.

When 1 player is left on the bench for 74 minutes a game. Failing to make the top 8 for the last 4 years. Playing 2nd rowers at prop heck playing a former centre at prop in Danny Galea against Parramatta. When the CEO gets sacked because he wants a coaching staff to perform. Telling the forwards to run back towards the markers, why not tell to run on to the ball and charge up field?

Having little to no gameplan like what happened on Sunday. Seriously left to right, then right to left if that didn't work put in grubber, not a bomb but a grubber that did nothing. Also what about running straight? like we did it once and hey guess what we scored!

I admire the bloke for what he achieved for our club but it's time for some to open their eyes.

Last edited:

N.C.

Juniors

Okay hands up anyone in here who didn't support the Tigers last year... or the year before that... or the year before that...

A quick look over the history of this forum will reveal that there are very few fairweather fans who stick around once they've ventured in...

Vic Mackey

Referee

i have these opinions on the tigers because i support them

i questions the support of someone who is with the rubbish we have been dished up for the last 5 years

N.C.

Juniors
Settle down mac. If this person is genuine then let's welcome him/her aboard. Nothing wrong with a few differences of opinion... Obviously nobody's going to turn around and say "By god you're right, what a fool I've been, give that man another contract STAT" just because some noob finally works up the courage to start a thread in this forum... On the other hand, this place can get pretty stale when all we've got is sitting around nodding in agreement about how crap it is because we played another game without a halfback and lost.

macnaz

Staff member
I have been quite accepting in regards to Loyals posts, but when he questions my character because of an Avatar picture he can go f**k himself!

TigerLoyalty

Juniors
Thanks N.C. everyone does have the right to an opinon - the outlet known as a forum allows each to voice theirs.

I think I upset macnaz though. He needs to calm down.

Radical Rat

Juniors
Thanks N.C. everyone does have the right to an opinon - the outlet known as a forum allows each to voice theirs.

I think I upset macnaz though. He needs to calm down.

Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how deluded it may be.

There was no reason to bring up anything to do with his character or his Mum but, that's just f**k'n weak.