What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheres Your Loyalty?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Anyway I look forward to reading about your continual frustrations with Sheens's decisions throughout the year. It provides alot of entertainment. While your whinging ill be supporting - as i should.

Ah the good old "I'm a supporter" throw away line. Geez it took longer than I thought.

If wanting the best for my team is "whinging" and classified as not supporting then I will whinge, whinge and whinge until I have no voice left. BTW I am a season ticket holder, just so you know.

I look forward to you defending Sheens again when we miss the semi finals YET AGAIN this year. I'm glad you find Sheens' mesmerising decisions entertaining, personally I find them frustrating, tired, outdated and pathetic, just like the man himself.

TigerLoyalty

Juniors
Your very negative by the way. How does it feel knowing your going to miss the semis again? I dont experience that feeling. We will be there come season end. Say it to yourself - it feels so good. Oh your the season ticket holder who doesnt crack a smile. That makes sense.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Yeh he hasnt given us much. I remember how wonderful we were travelling before Sheens came on board.

I am ever thankful for that and for the 2005 premiership, but it doesn't excuse five years of mediocrity after it. You think it does, fair play to you. You'd still want Sheens to coach us if we are having the same conversation 10 years down the track. But what do I know, I'm not a true supporter like you. :roll:

Sheens has taken his sides to the finals once in 14 seasons. That is a decade and a half. At the Wests Tigers, he has a win rate in the region of 45%. Since 1996 his win rate is 38%.

I can handle 9th or 10th with a team of average players who play to their limitations and perform as best they can. The players we have aren’t, and haven’t since 2005. They aren’t (and haven’t) responding to the coach and that is because he is stale. Too long in any situation can lead to it going stale, if it isn’t tweaked and mistakes aren’t learned from, be it any aspect of life.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Decisions need to be made. He tried Lazarus and Lui at halfback. They didnt have an immediate impact so he changed to Farah at Halfback.
So he moved the second best hooker in the world out of his natural position, and moved a natural back rower out of his natural position to cover for the perfectly fit hooker who got moved to halfback. It's a dumb move. Very dumb. It is Sheens fault. He has only ever had faith in one half-back in all his time here, and that was Prince. #7 for the Tigers is a poisoned Chalice.
When Farah played halfback last time Benji was not the predominent playmaker
Who was? The only other playmakers in the team when Farah last wore the 7 was Hodgson. It was in 2008.

In fact, here was our line up:
Hodgson, Tuiaki, Collis, Lawrence, Ryan, Marshall, Farah, O'Hara, J.Morris, Gibbs, Halatau, Heighington, Fulton. Bench: Flanagan, Metuisela, Harrison, Laurie.

If Marshall wasn't the key playmaker, then who was? Here's a tip, if you're going to start sprouting 'facts'about the game, it's best to do a little research and possibly even watch the game.

That side got smashed 48-16 by Manly, after trailing 16-6 at halftime.
(he is now) & our backline wasnt half as potent as it is now.
Tuiaki and Tuqiri are on an even keel, Collis is better than Ayshford. Fitzhenry is worse than Ryan. I'd be inclined to think the backline from that game in 2008 is better than this seasons.
Thats whats changed and thats why the decision to play Farah at Halfback until we find another solution may have been worthwhile.
It wasn't worthwhile. It was a stubborn decision that has been tried and failed more times than not. It is proof that Sheens has lost the plot. The team attacks better when Farah is at hooker.
Our halfback is essentially only a pivot for our backline (Moltzen is a hole runner) and Benji, although he carries the No. 6, acts as a Halfback just cant perform when he gets called one.
They are like that because of Farah at Hooker. When Farah is at halfback, the halves, and subsequently, the backs, aren't getting the good service from dummy half. Farah can't play his natural game, because he is naturally positioned in the middle of the ruck, not standing back waiting. Benji does not play anything like a halfback.

I think you two guys think that I think Sheens is God however you cant be further from the mark. I have continually critisiced him for naming Fitzhenry in the side, I disagreed with playing Moltzen at fullback, I disagreed with persisting with Cayless off the bench.
Moving our best player out of his natural position is the biggest f**k up any coach can do. It surpasses all the dumb decisions you listed. The fact you can't see this is baffling.

Fact is that we have a hole in our side and it needs to be filled.
So why not fill it with a person who, oh I don't know, plays halfback regularly. Keep you key, star players in their natural positions.
The variables were different when we tried Farah at Half last time.
How so? If, as you say, our halfback is nothing more than a pivot and hole runner, why was Farah shifted to halfback, and Morris played at hooker? Your argument is backward and devoid of research or thought.

Your calling for this guys head as our coach. I disagree with that I can tell you that.
He should be sacked.

If Broncos lost their hooker, do you reckon Henjak would move Lockyer to hooker?

Would Bellamy move Slater to halfback if no-one could play there?

The answer is no. There is an Under 20's side and 2 NSWL Cup sides, all three have halfbacks who play at halfback. They should be your first options. Moving key players out of position makes the team weaker in an area it was once strong, and the players performance is also affected negatively. How is that a good move?

Why reshuffle 3 or 4 positions and have 3-4 players out of position, when 1 player can be brought up and no reshuffling is required?

It's moronic and completely inept to reshuffle key players and positions to cover one position.

Sheens has been doing it incessantly since 2006.

And the Tigers have failed to make the 8 in the same time.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your very negative by the way. How does it feel knowing your going to miss the semis again? I dont experience that feeling. We will be there come season end. Say it to yourself - it feels so good. Oh your the season ticket holder who doesnt crack a smile. That makes sense.
Did you say that in 2006.

and 2007

and 2008

and 2009

and how did you feel everytime we fell short? Happy?

There's blind stupid faith and realisation.

you are a long long way from the latter.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeh he hasnt given us much. I remember how wonderful we were travelling before Sheens came on board.
So how long is an acceptable amount of time to continually miss the finals?

How long before you start to wonder if maybe, we should be performing better?

TigerLoyalty

Juniors
You guys are the fans who sit in the stand every game and critisice. You should learn to enjoy the game. If not Id question why your there.

The ultimate pessimists.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I suggest everybody just stops responding to this guy - he hasn't got a clue and is clearly a sh*t-stirrer.

TigerLoyalty

Juniors
Did you say that in 2006.

and 2007

and 2008

and 2009

and how did you feel everytime we fell short? Happy?

There's blind stupid faith and realisation.

you are a long long way from the latter.

I feel very dissapointed. But thats what each of you guys feel like in Round 1.

Mr Saab

Referee
Tiger sounds alot like Gavin Robertson from 2SM. He is constantly defending Tim Sheens.
Poor Tigers...you have some moronic supporters thats for sure. At least there are some who wont stand for constant 9-10 ladder positions yr after yr.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I feel very dissapointed. But thats what each of you guys feel like in Round 1.
How's that - how would you know what any of us feel in round 1 - do I know you?

:lol: You're a special one that's for sure. I think you need the training wheels back on though mate.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
You guys are the fans who sit in the stand every game and critisice. You should learn to enjoy the game. If not Id question why your there.

The ultimate pessimists.

You've argued none of the points and now are resorting to personal attacks.

I am there because I'm a fan of this club. I pay my money every year for a season ticket, that gives me the right to whinge as much as I like.

As a fan I believe we have a squad good enough to compete in the top 8 of a 16 team comp for most seasons, and I believe our current squad is good enough to finish in the top 5 at least. If we are underachieving, why can't I voice my concerns?

You sit there and blindly support the sh*t we dish up, some of us think our fans deserve better.

TigerLoyalty

Juniors
You've argued none of the points and now are resorting to personal attacks.

I am there because I'm a fan of this club. I pay my money every year for a season ticket, that gives me the right to whinge as much as I like.

As a fan I believe we have a squad good enough to compete in the top 8 of a 16 team comp for most seasons, and I believe our current squad is good enough to finish in the top 5 at least. If we are underachieving, why can't I voice my concerns?

You sit there and blindly support the sh*t we dish up, some of us think our fans deserve better.

You dont give us a chance of making the 8. Why bother supporting us - our club doesnt need people like you!