What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which code of football has the worst off-field behavior record?

Which footy code has the worst record of off-field behavior?

• Total voters

iggy plop

First Grade
After reading a certain thread highlighting AFL misdemeanors I can't go past that sport, but others may of a different opinion.

wittyfan

Referee
AFL without question. Recreational drugs are rife.

League has cleaned up it's image.

LESStar58

Referee
I agree...the problem is that everything AFL is swept under the carpet. Think they learnt their lesson after the first Wayne Carey affair.

Angry_eel

First Grade
LESStar58 said:
I agree...the problem is that everything AFL is swept under the carpet. Think they learnt their lesson after the first Wayne Carey affair.
how many affairs were there.

Perth Red

Post Whore
NBA Basketball and NFL football seems to have some stories of rape, murder,drug dealing etc! Makes a drunkard RL player running around naked seem inconsequential!

Danish

Referee
I'm going AFL.

Union and League dirt amount to little more than drunken baffoonary. Soccer? Well it is hardly up and running here so its contribution is negligable.

AFL?? Drugs, violence, drunks, more violence, drink driving, still more violence, some more drugs, and the occasional gang bang on another players wife.

However the worst single story i've ever read was the ONeil poo decorating. Despite worse things happening in all codes, that still tops it for its ability to make me gag.

Choppies

Coach
I based my vote purely on the Australian sporting scene.
AFL by a mile. That code is setting itself up for a fall if the hush hush sweep it under the carpet attitude continues.

Perth Red Yes the NBA and NFL do have very big problems. They have even written books about the various incidents which I wouldn't mind getting a hold of and reading.

markstan

Juniors
AFL but more inparticular victorian AFL the players are seemingly untouchable with regard criticism. Get caught speeding have a chuckle: then get some counselling (what a f joke) How about a kick up the backside! From what ive heard there is pritty much weekly incidents at the CROWN that there media dont give a toss about. Recreational drug use is rampant and the AFL dont give a stuff.

Yes West Coast cop it for being associated with drug barons and there former captain and what not. The SA teams had a fight although with each other, Swans well who cares! Im sure these non Victorian teams get away with things but the city of Melbourne wont let anything bad be written about AFL players. sh*t AFL players could kill people and get away with it that's how ridiculous it is in Melbourne.

Although people bitch an moan about the media it is probably the best method for some of the sydney clubs to make sure there players are kept in check. I would think the players are aware if they wanna be a clown the media will catch em. There is occasionally, at best an incident or 2 and there often trivial to say the least.

Soccer Who gives a ____ no one likes it.

Likewise Union

LESStar58

Referee
Angry_eel said:
how many affairs were there.

He groped a girl and said "Why don't ya get some bigger tits" and she pursued the matter in court and I think the Kangaroos and/or the AFL gave her some hush money.

Then he shagged his mate's wife...

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Who cares. Another useless thread.

If some of you showed the same passion you do bashing AFL and Union to supporting league, we'd be better off.

Brutus

Referee
Woods99 said:
Yeah, what's a little bit of indecent exposure, group sex, drunken rampages and the like between friends?

You've just summed up the AFL to a tee.

Latest posts