What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Dragons will Surprise this Year?

pixi

Juniors
Going by the Mercury today,( sorry guys don't now how to do all that stuff you do on the computer, so you can all see it. Would appreciate if someone else could put it up for me) Merrin wants to be their new enforcer. So I'm backing Merrin all the way.

2010Dragons

Bench
Mark my words...Stanley will shine !!!
If he is given a few games in the NRL.
He has good speed, good defence, very good side step, can kick the ball in play and can kick goals.
His appearance in round 26 verse the bunnies showed me he is a star in the making.
He is a like a cross between Copper (younger version) and Soward....bigger, stronger, faster.
If he gets more than 5 games before the SOO he is my bolter for selection.

Ulysseus

Bench
I think Stanley has the potential to make a f**king good fist of it and raise real questions about where he will play in the future.
Will he be in the halves or the centres?, something has to give and I think this might be Coopers last year at Saints.
The obvious one is Merrin, has the ring, will be better off for it and will probably kick on.

One that I think will go ahead in leaps and bounds is Jon Green, THAT catch in the preliminary finals shows he is made of the stuff that can take pressure, being realistic he could have trotted out on GF day and disappointed no one.

The issue is with all these bright prospects is that they have someone in front of them for the most part, barring Merrin.
This will probably be the "development" year for Stanley as he gets time on the bench and some first grade time pending injuries and rep duty commitments, but it would also not surprise me if he is in the squad for the entire year, he has pace, defensive technique and a good goal kicking boot (not that Sowards disappointed in the one game that mattered).

hardbaby

Coach
Stanley is the obvious cover for half, 5/8 and centre. Tagive can play centre and wing. I don't think Bennett wants to move Scott or Emmett from the pack. So if we had a few injuries or get hammered come rep time, who are our likely options in the halves and three quarters?

I haven't really seen Bronx play much. I looked at the Dragons website and it is all forwards. There are very few reserve backs listed. Presumably that means they are confident in the juniors. If so, who are they?

KiamaSaint

Coach
I think Stanley has the potential to make a f**king good fist of it and raise real questions about where he will play in the future.
Will he be in the halves or the centres?, something has to give and I think this might be Coopers last year at Saints.
T
I get the feeling the long term plan is for Soward to be in the 7 and Stanley to wear the 6 with both Cooper and Hornby finishing their careers in the UK.

I think Stanley will replace Cooper in the centres next year. Cooper has already said he won't go to the UK and is hoping to get a 1 year extension and play into 2012, but I'm sure he'll do what's best for the club and for the young kid waiting for his chance (like Dell did for Nightingale). Hornby has signed for 3 more years, so i doubt the halves combination will change.

j0nesy

Bench
There are likenesses between Cuthbertson and Costigan, when he came to the club. Marketo has some ability, if he's put on a few kilos he could prove very useful.

Collateral

Coach
Fien will really lead the way for us from the ruck I think. Not that its a suprise but hopefully he can do it for the whole season.

Marketo and King are two players I am really looking foward to seeing get regular 1st Grade time.

Greenfield is in a do or die season but his preparation has been very good and he has a lot of ability when he isnt injured.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Kyle Stanley is an exciting prospect. Showed some great skill last season. He will definately shine this year and give us great moments.

How long is he signed for. I hope for a while.......

I heard Benny say that Kyle will spend some time in the halves in 2011 so looks like he igoing to be groomed for the halves to partner Soward when Hornby retires.

Josh Morris will get Cooper's spot when he retires.

Prior is a gun and no suprise he will shine as he has the last 2 years. He will continue his high quality performances.

I am tipping Merrin to step up and be a huge force and possibly be spoken about as a future rep player. He reminds me of Webke. His size and the way he plays. No one better to make him a player like Webke with Sir Benny in his corner.

Tim Smith

Juniors
With his whole year written off in 2010 I am hoping we get to see some of Peni Tagive, although I think he may have changed his name in the off season...not that we need him but with inevitable injuries and rep duties he may get a chance to play first grade and hopefully surprise us.