What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which ex-eel do you like the most?

sportive cupid

Referee
JessEel said:
any one player to have - ian - still a workaholic, and him and his bro complimented each other so nicely
I have never known brothers to compliment each other -they sound a little wierd .

Freak

Juniors
To be fair I don't think many Ex Eels would still make our first grade side.

The only 2 certs would be The Grub Lyon and Andrew Ryan.

After that possiblities of team selection would be Schif, Hodgson (both), Cayless, Tonga and Smith.

I think over the year's Parra has done much better in recruiting than other sides have!

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Phillips said:
Andrew Ryan has played sh*t for the last 4 years..

well for a sh*t player he's sure played alot of rep footy..... australia, blues, country, captain..... :-k

nöyd

Staff member
Stuart Kelly - seen a little bit of him playing 5/8 for the Clydesdales last weekend...held his own

Freak said:
To be fair I don't think many Ex Eels would still make our first grade side.

The only 2 certs would be The Grub Lyon and Andrew Ryan.

After that possiblities of team selection would be Schif, Hodgson (both), Cayless, Tonga and Smith.

I think over the year's Parra has done much better in recruiting than other sides have!

You dont think Jason Smith would be picked at 5/8th ahead of Morris? I do.

Johnny of the bench.

If we had Jason Smith back in the team, would give us so many more options in attack, and a old dog to teach the young dog new tricks.

Otherwise, i probably agree with you.

Razor Blade

Juniors
Solomona signed for Wakefield Trinity in 2004 season. He was pivotal in Trinity reaching the play-offs for the first time in their SL history of 7 years since promotion from lower league.

Solomona made 30 apps last year scoring 13 tries and also forged the best attacking partnership in SL with Super Sid Domic (ex-NRL also). Sid scored alot of his tries watching Solo like a hawk for his offloads and scored 25 tries to be in the top three tryscorers in SL.

Both Sid and Solo made the SL Dream thirteen for SL and solo came top of offloading charts by a country mile. He is a god and why any team would let him go is beyond belief!!!!!! He is hot property over in England now.

Solo was in the provisional train on for NZ end 2004 again but had to pull out due to a wrist injury.

Season 2005 he missed a few games (6-8 i think) but he is back firing and we have won our last three games vs Bradford,Widnes and wigan ( with solo scoring under posts with 30 secs to go for trinity to win).

Ben Jeffries wern't happy as he was waiting for the Drop Goal.lol.

Just a bit of info for you guys on one of your ex men.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Razor Blade said:
Solomona signed for Wakefield Trinity in 2004 season. He was pivotal in Trinity reaching the play-offs for the first time in their SL history of 7 years since promotion from lower league.

Solomona made 30 apps last year scoring 13 tries and also forged the best attacking partnership in SL with Super Sid Domic (ex-NRL also). Sid scored alot of his tries watching Solo like a hawk for his offloads and scored 25 tries to be in the top three tryscorers in SL.

Both Sid and Solo made the SL Dream thirteen for SL and solo came top of offloading charts by a country mile. He is a god and why any team would let him go is beyond belief!!!!!! He is hot property over in England now.

Solo was in the provisional train on for NZ end 2004 again but had to pull out due to a wrist injury.

Season 2005 he missed a few games (6-8 i think) but he is back firing and we have won our last three games vs Bradford,Widnes and wigan ( with solo scoring under posts with 30 secs to go for trinity to win).

Ben Jeffries wern't happy as he was waiting for the Drop Goal.lol.

Just a bit of info for you guys on one of your ex men.

he was a good player Sollo, but Widders has been a more than adequate replacement

Nikki

Coach
JessEel said:
bubsy and micky hodgson and ian and bobcat and willie. and heath.

and casey cos you know, go origin!

and wheels and boydy and wade lestrange........

:(

You've got about all of mine except you missed Mitch Sargent.

Stagger eel

Staff member
attamarrap said:
ignore nikki

I really miss dave vaeleki i whis he didn't get a release this year

problem with Fresh, is that Wigan paid 500K a season for him and his been nothing short of a lemon and word is they're trying to sell him.

attamarrap

Juniors
eelavation said:
I think he meant ignore stiff!;-)
yeah i did mean that nikki

eelavation said:
problem with Fresh, is that Wigan paid 500K a season for him and his been nothing short of a lemon and word is they're trying to sell him.
yeah I know I used to think he was a great player I wouldda went for the money to he probably wouldn't be the same player after an achillies injury like that although the one game i did see of him in esl he played quite good i thought

Stagger eel

Staff member
attamarrap said:
yeah i did mean that nikki

yeah I know I used to think he was a great player I wouldda went for the money to he probably wouldn't be the same player after an achillies injury like that although the one game i did see of him in esl he played quite good i thought

for a centre earning that sort of dosh you'd expect nothing less than Gasnier/Lyon performance each week.