What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which loss hurt most

cram

Bench
For me it was the 2000 semi-final against the roosters, when we were up 16-2 at half time and lost 26-20 i think. Not only were we gunna meet Brisbane in the grandfinal, which would have been a cracker, it was also Mattys, and Butters last game. Plus I flew over from NZ to see my 1st GF that year and instead of my team being there, it turned out to be 2 teams i hate. What games hurt you the most?

Thats me. I went to this game and I was ill with a lung infection. The cold winters night made me bend over in pain. I was with all my mates who were drinking and I could not even contemplate it. I nearly cried that night. I still argue that on paper the Knights fielded their best ever team that night and alas we lost.

But in saying that I was at the SFS when the Bulldogs ran us down in an extra time semi and that wasnt good either but 2000 was one of the worst nights of my football following career.

Risa

Bench
2000 semi, losing to my most hated team the roosters. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I was so excited 16-2 up thinking we were deadset in the Grand Final. I think the moment that hurt even more was when Fittler took an intercept off a Johns pass and scooted away to score. (Can't really stand Fittler - never have).

Thank god 2001 came and wiped that away.

Risa

Bench
Gene Krupa said:
Risa said:
(Can't really stand Fittler - never have).

There ARE people like me after all!

LOL I think it's more because of the way the commentators go on and on about him. In a sence I can understand people not liking Johns (they do tend to go overboard with him too). The underlying factor with Fittler is Gus. I just can't stand watching a game involving the Roosters when Fittler is playing & Gus is commentating. Don't know if anyone saw tonight when Fittler scored, Gus jumped up and down. He should have just bloody ran on the field and planted a big kiss on him or something, lol.

Whilst I agree that Fittler is a good player in his own right, I just can't stand him!

Anonymous

Juniors
Risa said:
He should have just bloody ran on the field and planted a big kiss on him or something, lol.

Nah, He'll wait 'til they're in the locker room so that ricky and ricketson can get in on the action as well!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bring it home Knights said:
Danish Moo Cow said:
I still remember the 1995 loss to Manly in the GF qualifier. No-one really predicted the Roosters to beat us in 2000, so it was embarrassing to lose that one, but when we were close all the way to the fancied Eagles, I just kept thinking they'd make it.

I believe the final score was 12-6 after a one point win the week before over the Sharks.

14-6 over manly. 19-18 over cronulla, muir had a blinder and scored two trys in that match to bring us back from the dead. We trailed twice in the match by 12 yet still won. Won of the all time best games, great field goal from matty johns as well.

Mr 126.

Muir scored 2? The Knights scored 4? BTW, we did lose the game. What are even talking about? Down by 12... twice?

You're a nut. The final score was 12-4. O'Davis scored the only try.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Danish Moo Cow said:
Bring it home Knights said:
Danish Moo Cow said:
I still remember the 1995 loss to Manly in the GF qualifier. No-one really predicted the Roosters to beat us in 2000, so it was embarrassing to lose that one, but when we were close all the way to the fancied Eagles, I just kept thinking they'd make it.

I believe the final score was 12-6 after a one point win the week before over the Sharks.

14-6 over manly. 19-18 over cronulla, muir had a blinder and scored two trys in that match to bring us back from the dead. We trailed twice in the match by 12 yet still won. Won of the all time best games, great field goal from matty johns as well.

Mr 126.

Muir scored 2? The Knights scored 4? BTW, we did lose the game. What are even talking about? Down by 12... twice?

You're a nut. The final score was 12-4. O'Davis scored the only try.

Read what I wrote again. Hopefully you will be able to understand it 2nd or 3rd time around.

12-4 sounds right. I new it was an 8 point difference rather then 6.

Latest posts