What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which NBA team do you support and Why?

canneverwin

Juniors
I don't follow a team as much as a player on the team.
During the Chicago era, Barkley was my favorite player hence the Suns.
Only recently got back to watching NBA due to Jeremy Lin at the Knicks

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i'm a grizzlies fan. spent a lot of time in memphis when i was with my ex and embraced the city quite a bit.

they've been a pretty decent success story in a fairly depressing city.

if there's an additional team, it's atlanta.

Last edited:
The Rockets started following them at the start of the 90's when everyone loved the Bulls it was awesome seeing Hakeem The Dream Olajuwon at his peak my all time fav player.
The first title was awesome loved beating the Knicks in 7 after Starks choked.
But the second was my favourite Hakeem totally dominating Shaq and sweeping the magic and to see Clyde Drexler win his first.
Those where great times and with a young team now with Harden leading the way I don't think we are to far off some more exciting times

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bulls because back when i was a kid, i was a winner goer and loved Scotty Pippen. They are still the team i follow if i had to pick but if i were picking a team today, id probably pick the Warriors or Pacers, mostly due to Stephen Curry and Paul George love.

Aragorn

First Grade
The Rockets started following them at the start of the 90's when everyone loved the Bulls it was awesome seeing Hakeem The Dream Olajuwon at his peak my all time fav player.
The first title was awesome loved beating the Knicks in 7 after Starks choked.
But the second was my favourite Hakeem totally dominating Shaq and sweeping the magic and to see Clyde Drexler win his first.
Those where great times and with a young team now with Harden leading the way I don't think we are to far off some more exciting times

Rockets are going to be mean this year with Harden & Howard.

Kiwi's have our own Steve Adams in the NBA - so lets go OKC!

timka4

Bench
Indiana Pacers, because I randomised a number from 1-30 and it lined up with the Pacers logo, same way I started following Atlanta Falcons and Anaheim Ducks.

First year watching NBA

man2iel_

Juniors
Not really a fan of any one team to be honest. I follow players.

I started following LeBron James after watching a High School game of his on TV whilst studying in the USA. I've never seen an athlete have that much hype and attention at such a young age. I don't think we will see it again to be honest. I have been privileged to watch what will end up being one of the GREATEST players of all-time from start to end. The same goes for Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant.

ek999

First Grade
Indiana Pacers, because I randomised a number from 1-30 and it lined up with the Pacers logo, same way I started following Atlanta Falcons and Anaheim Ducks.

First year watching NBA

I like your style. I only really got interested in NBA the last year or two. Picked up NBA 2k12 and almost every time I created a player they got drafted to the 76ers. Decided they would be as good as any to go for. Didn't realise we were so shit :lol:

God-King Dean

Immortal
I'm also one of those who follow players. More specifically, Australians.

My favourite team is the Spurs, & not just because they are champions. Mills is my favourite player, & I love their humility & playing style.

But I could never be a fan, as my mate goes for them, & I would be a hypocrite considering my hatred for bandwagon Heat fans. Seriously, the worst fans ever. I feel so bad for those who are legit, it must hurt them more than me.

Said to my mates I'd support whoever drafts Exum & Simmons. So I'll be watching Jazz play next season, & we'll see where Simmons ends up, & we'll go from there. I really believe your team picks you, rather than you it.

roofromoz

First Grade
Not really a big follower, but if people ask, I say Portland. Just 'cos.

In the 90s when the Starter caps were all the rage, I had a Suns one (I think it may have been when Longley was there, so maybe that was why...)

God-King Dean

Immortal
So I've gone from liking Jazz, to Wolves, to Suns, to Warriors, back to Jazz, & now Grizzlies.

Who'd have thunk I'd be this difficult lol.

Cartman

Juniors
Got interested in the NBA in high school when my mates and I started playing. Bulls v Blazers on the Sega Megadrive was the shit! :D

Didn't really pick up a team until I started following Tim Hardaway at the Warriors then followed him to the Heat. Still a Heat fan now but also have a soft spot for the Warriors.

The Lebron years were fun for the finals appearances but the bandwagon factor was draining. I follow the Raiders in the NRL so I am not used to supporting the team that is favourites for the title lol. Was hard knowing that anything less than a title was a failure, although I know the team brought it all upon themselves with the decision and parties and statements at the time. Now I get back to supporting a middle of the road eastern conference team and all the bandwagoners have moved to Cleveland.

It can be hard to settle on a team to follow especially with the NBA as the rosters are relatively small and one or two star players can give the team so much identity.

Aragorn

First Grade
With NBA pass (which I have), too many good teams to only have one. OKC is my #1, given we have a kiwi in the house. LAL are always good entertainment value, Cleveland, because I'm a band wagoner. I like Philly because of the kids, Cater Williams, Noel and Embidd (if he ever gets to play). I'll happily switch over and watch SAC to see what Cousins is up to,Golden State, because I love seeing the Splash brothers do their thing, and finally Houston, because I love to hate Harden and Howard, as Kobe rightfully told him, is a "pussy".

joshie

Live Update Team
Milwaukee Bucks. Andrew Bogut was there and at the time I was Called Bogut in my basketball team (I was the tallest, whitest but best centre haha). I really just enjoy following a team like Milwaukee because you never know what you are going to get. Following a good side appears to be annoying when you lose an easy beat game. There is never an easy game for us. Our record is 15-16 right now but I am so happy with them. taking good teams to the last qtr most of Time and the other day we flogged Atlanta.

Milwaukee Bucks. Andrew Bogut was there and at the time I was Called Bogut in my basketball team (I was the tallest, whitest but best centre haha). I really just enjoy following a team like Milwaukee because you never know what you are going to get. Following a good side appears to be annoying when you lose an easy beat game. There is never an easy game for us. Our record is 15-16 right now but I am so happy with them. taking good teams to the last qtr most of Time and the other day we flogged Atlanta.

Bucks have the potential to be a great team in a few years. I think they have better rookies then the 76ers and Cavs, who have had the pick of the last few drafts.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Portland trailblazers
I was a huge clyde drexler fan
they should have won in 1990
f**kin vinny johnson hit a ridiculously tough shot that sealed the title

Johnnie Red

Juniors
I started following the Suns when the played in the 93 Finals v the Bulls. Sir Chuck is an absolute legend. Unfortunately I cannot see a championship coming to the franchise any time soon.

Of late I've been a big fan of the Warriors...I might jump on that bandwagon for a while