What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which team do you want Rd 1?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
IMO - the first round should play down from last year (with the exception of a GF replay) so here goes

Bulldogs vs Penrith @ TS
Cowboys vs Broncos @ TSV
Roosters vs Melbourne @ AUS
Dragons vs Canberra @ LOSE
Wests vs Newcastle @ CBLTN
Parramatta vs Cronulla @ PARRA
Manly vs NZ @ BKV
Souths f**k off for another week in the sun.

Mr Saab

Referee
nqboy said:
Good Luck.

Face it son, there's a new power in Qld Rugby League and the Broncos will no longer have things all to themselves.

hahaha...6 weeks of good form doesnt change 9 yrs of futility. I like NQ and i hope they do well in 2005. They have Rauhihi, Webb, Tronc, and Bowen..some of my fav players. However Broncos are STILL the team of QLD. I am happy NQ have finally stood up, but they have alot of pressure on them in 2005 to continue on where they left off in 2004. Can they handle the pressure?

nqboy

First Grade
I favour the old local derbies to open the new season:
NQ v Broncos
Parra v Penrith
Dragons v Sharks
Storm v Warriors
Roosters v Bunnies
Doggies v Wests
Manly v Newcastle
Canberra - the bye I guess.

innsaneink

Referee
I hope Wests get to face a top 4 team next year rd. 1

Only once have we lost the round 1 clash, 2001.

Langers

Juniors
I'd wanna play Parra early before they get a chance to gel. Overall though I just hope it's at Brookie.

nqboy

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
hahaha...6 weeks of good form doesnt change 9 yrs of futility.
True, but what about three years of steady improvement? [/quote]

Charlie Saab said:
I like NQ and i hope they do well in 2005. They have Rauhihi, Webb, Tronc, and Bowen..some of my fav players.
So do I... those players are some of my faves too.

Charlie Saab said:
However Broncos are STILL the team of QLD.
Maybe, but for how much longer? We're coming to get ya.

Charlie Saab said:
I am happy NQ have finally stood up, but they have alot of pressure on them in 2005 to continue on where they left off in 2004. Can they handle the pressure?
We've handled it for the last three seasons so far, we're confident we can back it up next year :D

weasel

First Grade
Teams can be pretty inconsistent at the start of the year so it's probably better to play one of the better sides first up. If you win then it's a great start to the year, if you lose it doesn't mean much as it's only round 1. When you lose to a bad team in the first round it puts pressure on your side from the outset because it's one less game you can count on winning that season. So I hope we play the Bulldogs. :D

RABK

Referee
either the bulldogs or roosters. we've knocked of one of the grand finalist's in the 1st week the past 2 yrs now.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
nqboy said:
I favour the old local derbies to open the new season:
Storm v Warriors
Canberra - the bye I guess.

Yeah, cause melbourne and nz are so local compared to melbourne and canberra

Grantwhy

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
Brisbane vs NQ in NQ

8:30 kickoff and probably over 30 degrees and +80% humidity. I don't mind going to the game and watching in that kind of weather, but it must be an [expletive] for the teams to play in.

I'd like to see it played in Brisbane, and the return game up here mid season :).