What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which team ends their premiership drought next?

Next team to end a premiership drought

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Exsilium

First Grade
I just don't see it happening for the dogs this year. I honestly don't see them making the 8 this year.

Broncos
Cowboys
Sharks
Eels
Storm
Roosters
Dragons
Panthers

I hate the idea the Sharks could make it and I threw the panthers in cause I just have to :)

BennyV

Referee
If the 'dogs can stay fully fit (as much as is possible over a 26-wk competition) & Grub Reynolds doesn't have any brain-snaps that cause him to spend more time on the sideline than on the field, they'll go real close to breaking their drought. Des has had them bubbling the las' cpl seasons...the stars jus' need to align

So what you're saying is, there's no chance...

10 years for Broncos fans!? Poor diddums.

Don't know why Broncos are on that list, they won the war only 1 season ago...

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I think it was one of uncle Waynes books I read that the most important factor besides injuries (though a fully fit first 17 all year for the Tigers or the titans would still have them 100 to 1 chances for this year's title) is getting the best out of mid-ranged blokes that fill the squad. There will always be at least one superstar and one rookie to keep on song but there is so much they can do without the rest. Using as as an example having guys like Bolton, linnett and rory having their best seasons to date was the catalyst for our rep players to do their thing.

If you go through the options I reckon the sharks squad is the most complete squad to fit this category

shiznit

Coach
I have a better chance of shagging Miranda Kerr than the Warriors are of winning the comp. Of the above options you'd have to think that Parra are the team most likely. If the Sharks don't make the top 4 this year with the line up they have then I doubt they'll win a first grade premiership in my lifetime!

Says the Storm fan... :lol:

We all know you shit yourself at the prospect of facing the Warriors in a finals game.

Card Shark

Immortal
Has it really been 12 years for the Dogs & 10 for the Broncos.

That is a long drought for those 2 clubs used to premiership success.

Brisbane will be very hard to stop this year though.

Sphagnum

Coach
Broncos. Bennet has a knack for getting his teams to go better after a successful first season in charge.

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
Sharks have fielded better teams then this year and looking at their draw they will be 0-4 to start the season

someone...on the get around this podcast was talking up a sneaky bet of sharks being last team to win a match.
paying 17 bucks or something

we have a local derby followed by knights and storm who we never beat

Tigers and Titans have already won a match.....

anjado

Juniors
I consider 15 years the cut off point for any drought, Gold Coast should be on the list also it may be their second incarnation but they have still been in the competition for 20 years.

I actually think the Raiders have the best chance to win it this season, Sharks i think there forwards are too old. Warriors will win the competition within the next five years if they can keep Shaun Johnson, Parramatta i think their forwards will let them down, I think the Knights probably need another 5-10 years they need to sort out their recruitment.

leaguegod692

Juniors
i don't think i consider any of the bottom 5 a drought, there is 1 winner out of 16, not winning for a decade shouldn't be considered a drought

i voted sharks but i'm not sure thats really accurate, they're the best of the 4 this year but i don't think i'm backing them for the title this year while both the warriors and raiders seem to have the players to push for it over the next 2-5 years

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
As a Saints man, I'm still basking in how much better my life has been for the last 5 and a half years.

I'd say the Sharks. They look very good across the park this year. Jack Bird at centre is a total game changer. Maloney had played in the big games for the last 5 years and won a comp. Townsend is becoming the player he was always touted as being and is a genuine 7. Ennis has been outstanding and has never played better football. Barba is dangerous when fit. Holmes is a great talent.

Andrew Fifitas talent is as immense as his brain is small. He could win it or lose it for them.

Very impressed by them last weekend. The Cowboys are outstanding champs, played like it last weekend and the Sharks were on top til Fifita and Graham lost thei heads and Lowe invoked a young Gorden Tallis.

Having said that, they will lose on Sunday.