What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which team has the best halves

Who has the best halves?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Fruit Pickers said:
Insecure, what are you on about, that makes no sense at all to anything I said….:crazy:

What are you talking about, its the same as Johns, Lockyer, SBW, Inglis and a few others, they are drawcards, they can get fans through the gates, even if they play less than half the season they accomplish that much, and way much more than Carney did….

Definition of a Canberra fan…..
believes Canberra have the best halves combination in 2007,
believes Canberra have the best backline in 2007,
believes Canberra have the best forward pack in 2007,
believes Canberra are the best thing to ever grace the football field,
blames Elliot for any and all of the clubs past woes,
(and I apologise to the few Canberra fans who are sensible and realistic)

You are a dead set clown mate, I never said that our halves were the best, nor did I say our team was, and I dont recall this thread being about half a season players like marshall getting people through the gate either, I thought it was about which team has the better halves.

As for my belief, yeah, I do think we have better halves than the tigers, but so what? Im going to give my opinion, just so I can sit back and watch you few tigers fans that are stupid, try and prove other wise, enough said.

ByRd

First Grade
Well Preston Cambell doesnt look like his going to be playing five eight at the titans, he actually looks like being there number 1.

Raider_69

Post Whore
simon says said:
I bet Bunji and Morris are shaking in their boots at the thought of playing Drunkin Donuts Carney and the other fellow whoever he is.

the moment you mentioned morris, is the moment i stopped being worried myself

morris isnt a halfbacks arsehole and the entire league world knows it, we just need the 07 season to finish up to confirm it :lol:
Benji better have been working on his kicking, his short and long passing, direction and organisation skills over the off season... plus he's gonna need much stronger shoulders if he is any hopes of carrying morris to some success.

simon says

First Grade
Ive always rated Morris.......as to how he goes at 7,Id say he is less of a risk than Dobson........whoever the hell he is.Anyway,I'll leave my judgement on Morris till Ive seen him in a few games for us.Wrinting him off before he has laced on a boot is a little premature IMO.At leat he has played first gradea at nrl level.

Carney.......he could be good,but he obviously has some issues.

On Bunji.......if he stays fit,we all have seen what he can do,and I dont think we have even come close to seeing him at his best.

Im ready for 2007.

Raider_69

Post Whore
simon says said:
Wrinting him off before he has laced on a boot is a little premature IMO.

Seems to be good enough for you do with Dobson though ;-)
other then that i agree. Cant wait for this season to start

Raider_69

Post Whore
Balmain_Boy said:
Meh, 1 premiership winning halve isn't as good as two, but it's sure as sh*t more than Canberra have...

and?
i mean... are you going somewhere relevent with this hard hitting, late breaking exposé ?

Balmain_Boy said:
Meh, 1 premiership winning halve isn't as good as two, but it's sure as sh*t more than Canberra have...

Id rather have the halves that we have than an injury prone import and a never was.......

tiger_nick

Bench
VictorTheViking said:
No handbags here, but if you take a look back earlier in this thread, you mentioned something about carney never having, nor will accomplish anything, he accomplished more last year than the plasticine pinup (marshall).

As for my other comment on the tigers halves.....id fancy our chances with dobson and carney over yours with marshall and morris, if you dont like what I said?? Well you know where the door is

If it wasnt for Raiders fans continually talking him up on here most people would be like 'Carney who?'

I have never seen a bloke talked up for so long yet deliever absolutely NOTHING in his first grade career (which has spanned what? 3-4 years now).

Marshall has won a Premiership, represented his country and has appeared on more media shows/newspapers/magazines in the last 3 years then Carney will in his career. Oh apart from when he had a few too many breezers and got in his Suzuki Swift to impress he's boyfriends. That and the ridiculous haircut of his are the main two memories people have of him :lol:

You fancy your chances against us hey? Hows this:

FACT: The Canberra Raiders have never the Wests Tigers when Benji Marshall has played against them.

P.S you were the one who had a cry about me saying the great white hope was fat. If you don't like then cya later mate.

tiger_nick

Bench
VictorTheViking said:
Id rather have the halves that we have than an injury prone import and a never was.......

a never was who has played 2 more games of rep football then dobson or carney will put together....

anyways when you have Hodgson at fullback and Farah at hooker you don't need a big play making half. morris is solid and thats all we need. the other 3 will be the flashy ones who set up the tries. i mean they're no withers and chalk but they go alright :lol:

simon says

First Grade
tiger_nick said:
anyways when you have Hodgson at fullback and Farah at hooker you don't need a big play making half. morris is solid and thats all we need. the other 3 will be the flashy ones who set up the tries. i mean they're no withers and chalk but they go alright :lol:

Gold.......:lol: :lol:

tiger_nick said:
a never was who has played 2 more games of rep football then dobson or carney will put together....

LOL @ City v Country as rep football

Again, this is about halves, not hookers and fullbacks.

Stop trying to detract from your teams deficiencies :lol: :lol:

In all honesty though, who really cares which team has which halves, at the end of the day, each supporter is going to be behind their clubs halves whether other posters like it or not.

aids said:
Will Zill not getting looked at for HB at the raiders?>

They're looking at him as a centre/fullback for some reason, I think he'd be better off at 5/8 which is where he has played (as far as I know) the majority of his football.

Raider Azz

Bench
VictorTheViking said:
They're looking at him as a centre/fullback for some reason, I think he'd be better off at 5/8 which is where he has played (as far as I know) the majority of his football.
carney is better as a 5/8 than a half IMO. zillman can play anywhere and he'll carve it up.

Dave Q

Coach
Souths,

Jeremy Smith and John Sutton (if the latter doesnt play at Lock).

Foreman material!

steven_tiger

Juniors
Totally agree with Zillman as a 5/8.

His positional play at fullback is not as good as it should be.

IMO it is easily his best position, and one where he has dominated most/all Premier League teams in the last two years.

miccle

Bench
Knights for me, although obviously the combo won't be around in a couple of years. Don't really have to say much - I hate the bloke, but jeez Joey is a good footballer. Mullen is a VERY exciting prospect... classier than most already and he's still learning and developing as a player!

Knights definitely the standout, Cowboys second. Many teams have one great player in their halves, but not so much the combination.

Latest posts