What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which team has the fastest halves pairing in the comp???

jamesgould

Juniors
I've got a video of the 95 reserve grade grand final and Kimmorley takes an intercept 10 metres out from his own line and goes the whole way to win the game!!! But I guess he's slowed down since then ...

Hmm, it is speculation ... we need to organise a 2006 five eighth sprint-off! Who wouldn't be counting down the days till it took place haha.

Fibroman

First Grade
You dont have to be able to go the full 100m too often from half or 5/8. Better to have the speed out side, and ball skills and vision in the halves. Speed over 30m would be more important in the halves.

dubby

Bench
simon says said:
Yer kiddin right.......Noddy is as slow as........Prince would murder him in a footrace.Noddy and Ox are not fast,strong and skilful yes but not fast.

Ive seen Noddy pull up a few time in footraces against pretty ordinary competition.

Mate, i've seen Noddy score a few 80 metre tries and so forth. He is not slow, i think when you've seen him pull up is due more to heart or fatigue.

Prince is not that quick.

Hari Kari

Juniors
Fibroman said:
You dont have to be able to go the full 100m too often from half or 5/8. Better to have the speed out side, and ball skills and vision in the halves. Speed over 30m would be more important in the halves.

Good to be able to go all the way though, nevertheless.

A good example of Benji's pace is in round 21 V Sharks when Richards makes a bust down the right side and is being chased by some Sharks outside backs.
Benji comes from a few metres behind all of them, blows the Sharks backs away for pace and gets between them and Richards to take an inside ball and go score under the posts.

Danire

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
Prince and Marshall would have to be the quickest if not close to it

Thurston/Firman and Lockyer/Seymour wouldn't be far behind them

i would agree with them, benji and prince get my vote though.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Jason Smith is deceptively fast, probably the fastest 5/8th of all time..... :lol:
(BTW Weasel Carney has decent pace but no better then average, certainlly not enough to cover Smithy :lol:, We'd be a outsider for a medal if it was Carney - Zillman, zilly is like mclinden)

Seriously, Prince and Marshall for me, with Lockyer and Seymore 2nd

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
jamesgould said:
No way is he the fastest 6, I reckon it'd be pretty even between Marshall and Campbell for the first 20-40, then Campbell would pull away and take it out. It's at least a dead heat!

Exact opposite imo. After 50 metres Benji would be getting further and further in front.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Your kidding arnt ya TH? Did ya see his intercept try from his own line? He struggled big time over the last 30 and nearly didnt make it to the line... Campbell is quite easily quicker over the entire hundred, dead heat over 50 thou

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Have you ever seen Campbell go 100? He struggles too imo (I remember him very clearly going 100 against Melbourne this year- Billy Slater was going to catch him and then gave up:?. And then on another occasion Schifcofske ran him down and it looked like they were both going in slow motion.)

Benji was exhausted by that 100m try against the Broncs imo, yet he still easily ran away from Seymour and Lockyer when it looked like he wouldn't. And likewise when he went 80m against the Bulldogs.

simon says

First Grade
Thierry Henry said:
Exact opposite imo. After 50 metres Benji would be getting further and further in front.

Im with you TH.....I reckon he would pull away from Preston.