What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which team has the fastest halves pairing in the comp???

simon says

First Grade
Kiwi said:
I did see the game, and remember Lockyer came back from a hamstring injury. Roles reveresed with Marshall just back from a doing a hamy and you can bet the same result will happen. Seymour isn't as quick as Marshall, but then neither is Prince. Lockyer was beaten yes, but the injury and Seymour between him and Benji gave him no chance really and he was hardly "burnt"

Oh and didn't they both have to turn and chase?

Plus you make it sound like I didn't say Marshall and Prince were the quickest, because they are.

What a load of rot.......Seymour and Lockyer did have to turn,but were about 20 metres out,Bunji picked up the ball about 2 metres out.

They got toasted.....Lockyer knew he was gone,and Seymour was all over Bunji and didnt even lay a hand on him.

Too fast.......

Kiwi

First Grade
simon says said:
What a load of rot.......Seymour and Lockyer did have to turn,but were about 20 metres out,Bunji picked up the ball about 2 metres out.

They got toasted.....Lockyer knew he was gone,and Seymour was all over Bunji and didnt even lay a hand on him.

Too fast.......

Nice way to over exagerate.

Again show me where I said Marshall and Prince weren't the quickest in the comp?

Arrogant f**ker aren't you. Your team wins their first title and suddenly there is daylight between them and any other player or team in the comp in any subject.

Danish

Referee
wildmooka said:
Edited that post, re-read.

No problems.

Head did slow to juggle, so i spose he didnt have that big of a headstart. But he still had one. And as i said, the dogs backline is unbelievably slow.

As for Barrett, he is a great ball runner. He lead Hunt exactly where he wanted him so he could beat him. Rather like Freddy could with any fullback. That try had much more to do with that than his actual pace.

Still i will give you they are both quick players. And i spose considering there are really very few stand out quick halves in the game they would be in the top 3 or 4 pairings for flat out pace.

Certainly alot quicker than the Finch/Flannery pairing we were running around with for alot of the season

Kiwi

First Grade
Bring back John Fifita said:
Tigers fastest, then Panthers, Dragons, Storm (2005) for mine.

Interesting call on the Storm. Orford is quick for a halfback, probably could even be the quickest number 7, but Hill has lost so much pace with all his injuries he'd be better suited to lock if he wouldn't get snapped every game in the forwards.

simon says

First Grade
Kiwi said:
Nice way to over exagerate.

Again show me where I said Marshall and Prince weren't the quickest in the comp?

Arrogant f**ker aren't you. Your team wins their first title and suddenly there is daylight between them and any other player or team in the comp in any subject.

Cry me a river you sook......They are the fastest,not the best.

And you are a typical QLDer,any Bronco that isnt lauded as the best and its a riot......

Hilarious.

BTW,I read that you think that OX is the fastest half,now I know you have no idea.

Cheers.

Kiwi said:
Interesting call on the Storm. Orford is quick for a halfback, probably could even be the quickest number 7, but Hill has lost so much pace with all his injuries he'd be better suited to lock if he wouldn't get snapped every game in the forwards.

That was my only doubt on them too. I still think hill is pretty quick but yeah, methinks a progression to lock would suit him in the next year or two. But now the Storm are short on halves it wont be soon.

But anyway of your measuring pace for halves, then the footrace should be over 30m IMO. For a race like that, I reckon Preston & Benji would be neck n neck. Preston by a nose.

strewth_mate

Bench
Orford's mobility is one of his best assets I think, he's pretty quick off the mark and can give the defense some dramas but will usually have to look for support when he's in the clear. Johns can move when he wants to but it's more to do with he's got a step and relies on strength to get through the line. Kimmorley can be damn quick when he's in the clear, he usually surprises me. They're all smart runners but not necessarily the type that do everything flat out. The ones that do, like Benji, are quick for halves, but they are best used by catching tiring defense by surprise and it's hard to tell if they've got as much toe as they seem to. Benji and Prince for the most mobile halves that can move faster than the others when they have to.

Kiwi

First Grade
simon says said:
Cry me a river you sook......They are the fastest,not the best.

And you are a typical QLDer,any Bronco that isnt lauded as the best and its a riot......

Hilarious.

BTW,I read that you think that OX is the fastest half,now I know you have no idea.

Cheers.

I said one of if not the fastest, thats not saying he is the quickest for sure ffs. Like the guy ( which I don't ) or not he is quick for a 7. Let me guess Prince is the fastest number 7 :roll:

You really are a genius aren't you. YOU are the one who decided to debate it with me, what was I suppose to do? Agree with you just to make you feel better? When did it become a rule on these f**king forums that Bronco fans can't praise their own team and players, and if someone disagrees they can't debate it? I don't see Bronco fans claiming to have the best fullback, wingers, hooker, halfback, backrow, but when we do make a claim, suddenly as far as idiots like you are concerned we "are a typical QLDer,any Bronco that isnt lauded as the best and its a riot......".

Kiwi

First Grade
And for the record simple simon, I actually think the Tigers halves are the best combination in the comp. They may not be the best players in their respective positions but combined they form the best pair and with Farrah whom I consider better than Buderus they have the best 6, 7 and 9 combination. But hey according to you, being a Broncos fan I think the Broncos are the best at everything.

sooperdooper

First Grade
simon says said:
No one is saying he is the fastest in the comp,but he is the fastest 6,and he would be in the top 20 for pace.Top 5 over 30.

Not too many 6's have run the length of the field for a try,Bunji has done it plenty.

how do you he would be the fastest, did they all have a secret race? just to let you know john morris has pace. would you count craig wing as 5/8? he has pace and accelleration, what about preston?

Kiwi

First Grade
strewth_mate said:
Orford's mobility is one of his best assets I think, he's pretty quick off the mark and can give the defense some dramas but will usually have to look for support when he's in the clear. Johns can move when he wants to but it's more to do with he's got a step and relies on strength to get through the line. Kimmorley can be damn quick when he's in the clear, he usually surprises me. They're all smart runners but not necessarily the type that do everything flat out. The ones that do, like Benji, are quick for halves, but they are best used by catching tiring defense by surprise and it's hard to tell if they've got as much toe as they seem to. Benji and Prince for the most mobile halves that can move faster than the others when they have to.

As does every number 7 who gets in the clear some way out with a decent outside back/fullback chasing them

jamesgould

Juniors
simon says said:
No one is saying he is the fastest in the comp,but he is the fastest 6,and he would be in the top 20 for pace.Top 5 over 30.

Not too many 6's have run the length of the field for a try,Bunji has done it plenty.

No way is he the fastest 6, I reckon it'd be pretty even between Marshall and Campbell for the first 20-40, then Campbell would pull away and take it out. It's at least a dead heat!

dubby

Bench
I think Noddy is quicker than Prince, but Dykes is slower than benji. Noddy/Vagana would be quicker by a mile..

Slowest 1/2s???

Smith & Carney.....:(

simon says

First Grade
sooperdooper said:
how do you he would be the fastest, did they all have a secret race? just to let you know john morris has pace. would you count craig wing as 5/8? he has pace and accelleration, what about preston?

Of course this is all speculation....IMO he is the fastest no 6.

simon says

First Grade
dubby said:
I think Noddy is quicker than Prince, but Dykes is slower than benji. Noddy/Vagana would be quicker by a mile..

Yer kiddin right.......Noddy is as slow as........Prince would murder him in a footrace.Noddy and Ox are not fast,strong and skilful yes but not fast.

Ive seen Noddy pull up a few time in footraces against pretty ordinary competition.