What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

While were at it - Best Dragons Try

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Mine is the try Tingha scored against the Tigers in the final minute to win the game where Warren Smith and Laurie Daly say that that try has just got him a NSW jumper. How wrong they were. I think that was back in 2000? Not sure the year.

Tinghas try against the Storm in the GF was pretty special as well. Unfortunately a bad day. If the Dragons won it would have been talked about more but the only thing everyone remembers is the so called penalty try.

Also Coopers try against the Chooks after a Mat Head chip and chase. Pure class from Matt Head. After that season he got injured unfortunately.

gypsy

Bench
Some good picks there Slippery. Two others stick in my memory:

Gasnier against the bulldogs before he left for France, where he made a break up the middle and beat about 5, turning Patten inside out, at Kogarah I believe?

Cooper against Manly when we came back from 34-10 down with about 20 mins left, and all our fans were leaving. I think it was Head who put a chip in, which got charged down, restarting the tackle count. It landed with Blacklock who, as unpredictable as ever, kicked it on the zero tackle.
Coops ran it down and scored. Warren Smith said "And it's a red and white tidal wave sweeping Manly at Kogarah!" great win that, would've loved to have been there.

Minh

First Grade
Mine is the try Tingha scored against the Tigers in the final minute to win the game where Warren Smith and Laurie Daly say that that try has just got him a NSW jumper. How wrong they were. I think that was back in 2000? Not sure the year.

Tinghas try against the Storm in the GF was pretty special as well. Unfortunately a bad day. If the Dragons won it would have been talked about more but the only thing everyone remembers is the so called penalty try.

Also Coopers try against the Chooks after a Mat Head chip and chase. Pure class from Matt Head. After that season he got injured unfortunately.

Good picks there, loved that Roosters Anzac day game too. I think Blacklock would really dominate this thread, I liked the one where he put an in and away against Lee Oudinryan and streaked away on the sideline with Oudinryan in tow. A Mundine try against Norths in the 1996 final against Norths from half way he ran away from Matt Seers. Jamie Sowards pass inside to Nighty I think after beating about 5 defenders in this years final against the Tigers.

Tim Smith

Juniors
There have been too many but the one that sticks in my mind was Teddy Goodwin's effort in the Grand Final of 1977 as reported below.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]"Then, just before half time, 'Lord Ted' scored a miraculous try when he burst through and chipped ahead from halfway. Confronting his opposite fullback Phil Mann, Goodwin kicked again. A footrace followed with cover defenders Graeme Atkins and Ed Sulkowicz joining in hot pursuit. The ball trickled towards the dead-ball line but Goodwin got there first, hitting the ground hard and knocking himself out in the process.[/SIZE][/FONT]"
http://www.showroom.com.au/dragons/dragonshistory/history_stgeorge5c.htm

saintzrule

Juniors
Ben Creagh against the nites in 2010, he seemed to carry half their team over with him. Also Wayne Bartrims effort in a semi was special. Brownies 'rabbit trap' was special [Laurie Daley didn't think so. lol] Lord Teds was up there, along anything from Changa or Tingha:D

redvwhite

Juniors
Nothing beats the one to win the game against Wests Tigers by Blacklock and his room service bounce. Also one comes to mind is the one he finished off when we smacked Souths back in '99 where the ball went through many sets of hands and Tingha followed it up with another trademark backflip.

dragoncountry

Juniors
it has to be against i think the raiders, 99 at wollongong, about 13 sets of hands onto tingha under the post followed by the cartwheel & backward summersalt. brilliant.

redvwhite

Juniors
it has to be against i think the raiders, 99 at wollongong, about 13 sets of hands onto tingha under the post followed by the cartwheel & backward summersalt. brilliant.

Yeah i think we won something like 44-2. Good times when we could score almost at will.

St Benny

Juniors
Boyds try against the dogs in the heritage round 2011

Blacklocks GF try 1999 and Coops Anzac day game (already mentioned)

Gasniers try against manly in the semis 2010

Actually on second thought, All of Gasniers trys!

gypsy

Bench
Some good memories there, particularly of the backflips, bring them back!
Nightingale can do them easy, he used to be a gymnast. Bring it back Flo!

saints4ever

First Grade
Morris v cowboys 2011. Eight sets of six on our line then bang!

Mundine intercept v Canberra 99 ay kogarah. The try that started the flips.

Rod wishart last minute try against Canberra in the earlier game of 99, giving bartrim the goal to win it after the siren.

Gasnier try v roosters 05 wollongong. From the scrum set. Awesome.

trudge

Bench
Need a thread on best Saints post try celebration.

Piggy jumping the fence and applauding himself.

Minh

First Grade
Morris v cowboys 2011. Eight sets of six on our line then bang!

Mundine intercept v Canberra 99 ay kogarah. The try that started the flips.

Rod wishart last minute try against Canberra in the earlier game of 99, giving bartrim the goal to win it after the siren.

Gasnier try v roosters 05 wollongong. From the scrum set. Awesome.

I was at that Canberra game and had a close up view, both he and blacklock put on a show not to forget.