What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whinging Hasler

CharlieF

Juniors
Gaylord said:
What is this Manly Association rubbish mate?? I have posted that I feel that Des is a whinger and not a 1st grade coach IMHO. That's it mate.

With a players roster that Des enjoys, I reckon Brian Smith could coach that side to a top two position. Time will certainly tell whether Des is going to be a good coach, the way I see it, he has a long way to go.

I believe if Des was in charge of the Bunnies this season, they would be nowhere near the position JT has them. That's one difference between a ordinary coach and a good one.

That's my opinion buddy.
Good opinion.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Manly got dudded by the referee, no doubt. But to let slip an 18-6 scoreline is pretty poor.

Souths had nothing, they had 60% of possession and 17 extra sets than manly. They should of won by 18+ points.

Hopefully they will finish 7th and we get to play them again with hometown Hampstead. See who will be complaining then.

NGR

Juniors
CharlieF said:
There were a few Manly Fans there. I was one and I saw plenty of others. I would say that we would have been at least 25-30% of the crowd. I wasn't wearing any supporters gear and neither were some others, but we were there. I distinctley heard a Manly chant go up about 3 or 4 times during the game, so we were there. You also need to realise that a lot of Manly fans don't live in Manly, like me and the other Manly supporters I was with. Whilst the fans from the Manly area may not travel outside of it, there are plenty of others who do. I would say that more Manly fans live outside the area than in it. There is no such thing as a sterotypical Manly supporter.
i was sitting where the manly supporters with the big flags were and it was like a 2nd grade rugby match... few and far between...

at half time i moved to the other side of the stadium and you could see there were SFA manly supporters...

Gaylord

Juniors
Mayor_Quimby said:
Manly got dudded by the referee, no doubt. But to let slip an 18-6 scoreline is pretty poor.

Souths had nothing, they had 60% of possession and 17 extra sets than manly. They should of won by 18+ points.

Hopefully they will finish 7th and we get to play them again with hometown Hampstead. See who will be complaining then.

Another whinger,

"Manly got dudded" no other team gets dudded????

"Souths had nothing, they had 60% of possession and 17 extra sets than manly". And Souths had nothing ???????

" They should of won by 18+ points".
Yeah mate, they did, the second half was won 18 zip.

Manly fLIP

Juniors
How much longer are you going to complain about rival supporters not showing up when you can only draw 10,000k of your own fans to your home ground at your biggest game since 1989?

Notell

Juniors
All coaches who whinge are embarrassing. The only coach I can think of in recent times that did not whinge is Shaun McRae. Whether they do it in a snide way (Sheens), in a deliberately thinly veiled way (Folkes, Brown), or in a Hasler way, they all do it. It is as senseless as seeing captains argue penalties with the referee.

Sometimes I think they do it as a prelude to making excuses to their boards (think Brown and Elliott)

Hasler sure meant it though - hear him snap when the reporter asked MONAGHAN whether Manly were flat or not - Hasler exploded "Well of course they were flat. They had to make twice as many tackles."

Garts

Bench
Had a bit of laugh when he did that. Then when asked how Manly are sitting or something along those lines and he responds with "Second".

Notell

Juniors
Garts said:
Had a bit of laugh when he did that. Then when asked how Manly are sitting or something along those lines and he responds with "Second".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CharlieF

Juniors
Ricky Stuart is by far the worst for it.

Notell, the best coaches in history have whinged about referees, then you have Shaun McRae.

Notell

Juniors
CharlieF said:
Ricky Stuart is by far the worst for it.

Notell, the best coaches in history have whinged about referees, then you have Shaun McRae.

Yah, that was what I was alluding to.

I wonder how it would be taken if a referee was asked questions by the press after the game and made comments about the questionable tactics of coaches, decisions and mistakes of players.

Tommax25

Bench
Gaylord said:
What is this Manly Association rubbish mate?? I have posted that I feel that Des is a whinger and not a 1st grade coach IMHO. That's it mate.

With a players roster that Des enjoys, I reckon Brian Smith could coach that side to a top two position. Time will certainly tell whether Des is going to be a good coach, the way I see it, he has a long way to go.

I believe if Des was in charge of the Bunnies this season, they would be nowhere near the position JT has them. That's one difference between a ordinary coach and a good one.

That's my opinion buddy.

that playing roster was there last year with the only differences being glenn stewart and jamie lyon, and we all know how everyone this year think jamie lyons been going and gelnn stewart is a great player ut hes not BK, the team is extremely similar to last years, and that team is very similar to the year before that, but manly have improved dramatically since 2005 wen they were 8th i think maybe 7th, then in 2006 they were 5th then 2007 they are 2nd. the difference has bee des hasler. he got a nothing team and fine tuned it to his style and look what hes achieved in 2007 where his efforts have come to fruition reagrdless of what happens in the finals. manly are competitive, more than competitive really considering there consistency and win/loss ratio. look to manlys buys: ben kennedy, matt orford, steve bell, jamie lyon, glenn hall, georgie rose all made by des hasler and out of them only BK could say that he played his own game (meaning the coach did not influecne his game dramatcially, he could have gone anywhere and still been as good), and he took nothing players in hall and rose and tunred them into solid 1st graders.

hes a good coach, game over.

CharlieF

Juniors
Notell said:
Yah, that was what I was alluding to.

I wonder how it would be taken if a referee was asked questions by the press after the game and made comments about the questionable tactics of coaches, decisions and mistakes of players.

Referees don't need to give opinions. They just need to adjudicate correctly. Are you saying that referees should not be criticised no matter what?

Notell

Juniors
CharlieF said:
Referees don't need to give opinions. They just need to adjudicate correctly. Are you saying that referees should not be criticised no matter what?

Nope. But they are a soft target. Is there anyone else in the game who is critisised without fear of being answered back?

Any critisicim of a player is always tempered with praise (eg "That's not in his game" or "He has been trying hard all game he must be tired. He can be forgiven for that dropped ball.")

Another double-standard: referee makes an honest error. He is bashed from pillar to post for it, with no chance of reply. A player cheats when claiming a try or stripping a ball, and is commended for his gamesmanship.