What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whinging Hasler

Gaylord

Juniors
Fair Dinkum everyone, is it just me or does anyone else here get tired of Hasler grizzling about the ref when his beloved Manly lose?:roll:

They didn't get the 50 - 50's for a change and they lost. Hard done by. Surely they can't expect to get the good calls every week. :crazy:

Welcome to first grade Des. :lol:

yobbo84

Coach
Excerpts from http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhq...the-rain/2007/06/15/1181414547503.html?page=2

"The penalties were 5-1 in the second half, and I've got to say when we went to Melbourne and we came to Manly that the referees come here thinking, 'Well, Souths aren't going to beat Manly, or Souths aren't going to beat Melbourne', because that's not how it's supposed to go'," Taylor said. "I just feel like we're getting a tough deal at the moment. I need to talk to [referees boss Robert Finch] about where we're at" (Taylor said)

Taylor's team, meanwhile, once again defended stoically but lacked cohesion against the most miserly defence in the game. The penalty count against them didn't help, nor did referee Steve Clark's decision to rule Ben Rogers's ball to David Fa'alogo forward after 22 minutes.

Replays suggested he was slightly quick on the trigger.

"We got across in the first half," Taylor said. "But it got ruled a forward pass. In my opinion, it was a fair try. On a night like this, those little ones are enormously important."

His second-rower agreed. "I think it was a flat ball," Fa'alogo said. "I thought it was sweet, mate. They're the sort of calls we're not getting, and they're pretty crucial."

Manly coach Des Hasler had some sympathy for Taylor. "Welcome to first-grade football. I know how he feels," he said. "I've been there and done it."

Welcome to first grade Dessie.

Garts

Bench
We have only lost 5 times so at least you have not heard too much whinging from him!!!!

Gaylord

Juniors
Manly fLIP said:
The username says it all.

Being born in Parramatta just tops it off.

Typical sad delusional Manly supporter. They just can't handle losing. Go the Bunnies!

yobbo84

Coach
Hasler is a moron. His team is completely out on their feet after having to tackle all game, yet he plays only 16 men. Did he forget about Clint Halden?

I agree . . .

Hasler traditionally has a permanent case of PMS when things don't go his way.

To me the only good thing about Manly winning, is the reduced frequency of having to listen to Hasler carry on whining like a schoolgirl.

Garts

Bench
Newsflash!!! 90% of the time the coach will whinge when they lose a close game as there are always close calls. Whinging at Whinging, idiots.

Garts said:
Newsflash!!! 90% of the time the coach will whinge when they lose a close game as there are always close calls. Whinging at Whinging, idiots.

I don't agree.

Look at Michael Hagan this year.

And even for those that do whinge "90% of the time", there is a difference in how the whinge is delivered.

For example, where Bennett and Stuart whinge "cranky" and "angry" respectively, I think Sheens does so in a no-nonsense to the point manner.

As for Hasler, he does seem to carry on like a petulant, whining, moaning infantile brat who throws a tantrum when he doesn't get the toy that he was after.

CharlieF

Juniors
KaboobieGarfunkelShazam said:
I don't agree.

Look at Michael Hagan this year.

And even for those that do whinge "90% of the time", there is a difference in how the whinge is delivered.

For example, where Bennett and Stuart whinge "cranky" and "angry" respectively, I think Sheens does so in a no-nonsense to the point manner.

As for Hasler, he does seem to carry on like a petulant, whining, moaning infantile brat who throws a tantrum when he doesn't get the toy that he was after.

He winges less than all that you have mentioned. Could it be that he coaches Manly thats your problem?

CharlieF said:
He winges less than all that you have mentioned. Could it be that he coaches Manly thats your problem?

This year he whinges less . . . only because Manly have been winning.

But hearing him this morning, reminded me of the years gone by when you guys weren't travelling so flash, and in my opinion he is the biggest moan in the game.

Is the fact that he coaches Manly a problem for me?

I am not sure.

He certainly plays a productive an crucial role off his own initiative to make up one of the many factors why I dislike the club.

Gaylord

Juniors
CharlieF said:

I don't think so CharlieF, he sooks when he loses, he sooks when he wins. Playing the game off the field as much as on the field. It wears a bit thin after a while.

Des was a fierce competitor, a very good player however, I don't think he is a first grade coach. Time will tell.

CharlieF

Juniors
Gaylord said:
I don't think so CharlieF, he sooks when he loses, he sooks when he wins. Playing the game off the field as much as on the field. It wears a bit thin after a while.

Des was a fierce competitor, a very good player however, I don't think he is a first grade coach. Time will tell.

He is not a good first grade coach.........................................
This is a fairly blanket statement which is the reason why I can only come to the conclusion that it is because he is associated with MANLY. All indications this year are completely opposite of this statement. Hang on, you have qualified it with "Time will tell". So is he or isn't he?

I will give you one reason in favor of him being a good coach. That is his ability this year to motivate and coach his team to be top 2 for 2007. Over to you as to why he is not.

Ref's give benefit of doubt and 50/50's to home teams, (probably so that they don't get killed on the way out). When are coaches going to realise this and just deal with it? If Manly had more than 10 supporters turn up to away games to put some pressure on the Ref, they may have a better chance of getting a few 50/50's.

RainMan

Juniors
Gaylord said:

Since he has been 1st grade coach, Manly have improved their position on the Table each year...

CharlieF

Juniors
Different kind of Rabbit said:
Ref's give benefit of doubt and 50/50's to home teams, (probably so that they don't get killed on the way out). When are coaches going to realise this and just deal with it? If Manly had more than 10 supporters turn up to away games to put some pressure on the Ref, they may have a better chance of getting a few 50/50's.

There were a few Manly Fans there. I was one and I saw plenty of others. I would say that we would have been at least 25-30% of the crowd. I wasn't wearing any supporters gear and neither were some others, but we were there. I distinctley heard a Manly chant go up about 3 or 4 times during the game, so we were there. You also need to realise that a lot of Manly fans don't live in Manly, like me and the other Manly supporters I was with. Whilst the fans from the Manly area may not travel outside of it, there are plenty of others who do. I would say that more Manly fans live outside the area than in it. There is no such thing as a sterotypical Manly supporter.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Every time Manly don't get the penalty count and all the 50/50 calls in their favor they whinge, stop crying.

Gaylord

Juniors
CharlieF said:
He is not a good first grade coach.........................................
This is a fairly blanket statement which is the reason why I can only come to the conclusion that it is because he is associated with MANLY. All indications this year are completely opposite of this statement. Hang on, you have qualified it with "Time will tell". So is he or isn't he?

I will give you one reason in favor of him being a good coach. That is his ability this year to motivate and coach his team to be top 2 for 2007. Over to you as to why he is not.

What is this Manly Association rubbish mate?? I have posted that I feel that Des is a whinger and not a 1st grade coach IMHO. That's it mate.

With a players roster that Des enjoys, I reckon Brian Smith could coach that side to a top two position. Time will certainly tell whether Des is going to be a good coach, the way I see it, he has a long way to go.

I believe if Des was in charge of the Bunnies this season, they would be nowhere near the position JT has them. That's one difference between a ordinary coach and a good one.

That's my opinion buddy.