What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

whipping boys

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
noticed that every team seems to have a 'whipping boy'.. a player the fans blame (rightly or wrongly) for things that go wrong on the field..

always interesting to see what opposition fans think of the particular players - eg do you think they are a good player? would you have them at your club over someone playing in that position at the moment?

for the dragons, i'd have to say it's mitch rein.. he seems to cop the brunt of fan complaints when things go wrong..

so.. would you have him at your club?

and who's your team's whipping boy?

69634_teacherwhip_md.gif

Clifferd

Coach
For the Tigers about a month ago I would've said Kyle Lovett, would cop it every day non stop. I'd say he's come leaps and bounds now though that I have a new found respect for him

As of current...id say Sironen for his lacklustre effort in the top grade for 4 years and shown absolutely no talent & only there feeding off his fathers fortune. Also when Nathan Milone plays he gets absolutely hammered by us fans

no name

Coach
noticed that every team seems to have a 'whipping boy'.. a player the fans blame (rightly or wrongly) for things that go wrong on the field..

always interesting to see what opposition fans think of the particular players - eg do you think they are a good player? would you have them at your club over someone playing in that position at the moment?

for the dragons, i'd have to say it's mitch rein.. he seems to cop the brunt of fan complaints when things go wrong..

so.. would you have him at your club?

and who's your team's whipping boy?

When a player has a distinctive feature (shit hair cut in this case) their play comes under more scrutiny.

Incorrect

Coach
Hasn't been too noticeable this year for the Eels, Gutherson was threatening to take the whipping boy mantle early in the season but he's coming along OK now and had his best game last start V the Dogs...

In years past Seffa Paulo was Eels Fans Public Enemy No. 1. Ben Roberts before him. And Matt Keating going further back....

moffla

Bench
Not so much a whipping boy but a scapegoat. We don't really have any at the Storm purely because many of our supporters get hurt when you criticise a player!

Mahe Fonua used to cop it before he moved on

DiegoNT

First Grade
At souths, anyone who's not a burgess.

Mcinnes cops a fair bit though. He isn't a star and probably wouldn't get a start at most teams but he is still developing, he is a solid defender, he's running game is improving and he's jagged a few tries this year. But souths fans bag him out mercilessly and when cook comes on and does literally nothing in attack and gets steam rolled in defence they all ejaculate over each other about how cook is 10x the player.

Goodwin should be a whipping boy, offers sfa in attack and let's in tries by the bucket load (although it's always entertaining hearing a new excuse in Goodwins defence every week) but the majority of souths fans think he's an elite centre. He is below beale, tohu Harris and takarangi for new zealand (which is fair enough i think) but according to some souths fans he stood himself down from a test match because of a niggling injury.

Last edited:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Since McCrone left we haven't really had a consistent one. FPN put his hand up early in the year but Wighton is fighting for the role now.

LESStar58

Referee
Not so much a whipping boy but a scapegoat. We don't really have any at the Storm purely because many of our supporters get hurt when you criticise a player!

Mahe Fonua used to cop it before he moved on

To be fair, he did improve at the back end of his time. Still couldn't get some of that stupid shit in his game that he learnt from the VRL though. Kennar and Young leave him for dead.

moffla

Bench
To be fair, he did improve at the back end of his time. Still couldn't get some of that stupid shit in his game that he learnt from the VRL though. Kennar and Young leave him for dead.

Yeah his defence was cringeworthy at its best

Latest posts