What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who’s pumped for the World Cup!

flamin

Juniors
Can’t wait for Friday night! I’ve never heard this much positivity around international footy. Even News Ltd journos seem to want the tournament to succeed.

Burns

First Grade
Well my fellow Internationalists, I’m off. Currently on the train from Newy to Sydney, grab a feed with the better half then aboard the night bus to Melbourne. Staying at a dodgy dodgy backpacker hostel near Southern Cross Station and will fill in the day trying not to think of the game.
Knowing that that will fail, I’m going to get the Ground when gates open and soak it all in. Despite posting here way too much, i’ve never been to an International match!
I said it another thread, but I hope it’s a good game of footy akin to the 2013 Semi Final. If Australia are up 24-0 at half time, i’ll wonder why I spent $400 when I could have watched it all on tv.

I’m excited and hyped for the entire WC, and would prefer if could just begin already.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
Well my fellow Internationalists, I’m off. Currently on the train from Newy to Sydney, grab a feed with the better half then aboard the night bus to Melbourne. Staying at a dodgy dodgy backpacker hostel near Southern Cross Station and will fill in the day trying not to think of the game.
Knowing that that will fail, I’m going to get the Ground when gates open and soak it all in. Despite posting here way too much, i’ve never been to an International match!
I said it another thread, but I hope it’s a good game of footy akin to the 2013 Semi Final. If Australia are up 24-0 at half time, i’ll wonder why I spent $400 when I could have watched it all on tv.

I’m excited and hyped for the entire WC, and would prefer if could just begin already.
We need a few billion people like you Mr Burns, then the world will be all right !

have a great trip !

Jim from Oz

Juniors

BTW forecast for Melbourne for Friday is GOOD

Green_

Juniors
Very exciting times, cannot wait for the opener tomorrow night. Heading down with mates to the AUS/FRA game next Friday in Canberra then off to the AUS/lebanese game the following week with the old man.

A little bit disappointed with some of the scheduling - would have loved to have seen the opening game be throwback to the history of the RLWC and have 60th anniversary match of the Australia V France game from 1957 RLWC, played at the SCG. Marketed correctly, I am certain it would have sold out. The AUS/ENG match could have then be saved for Week 2 in Melbourne to coincide with the Melbourne Cup. But beggars can't be choosers! Bring the on the International Rugby League Feast!!

Hoofhearted

Juniors
We have tickets to the Perth double header, booked them and hotel rooms the day tickets went on sale almost 12 months ago.
Full weekend in Perth with some golf on Saturday, a lot of beers, a sleep in on the Sunday with no kids to wake us up, an afternoon of footy and a lot more beers!!!!

Perth Red

Post Whore

Great effort! enjoy and safe travels.

re the score, cant be as bad as me regardless. Spent $10k going back to UK to watch my team lose by a record score at Wembley, we couldn't even score!!

Perth Red

Post Whore
We have tickets to the Perth double header, booked them and hotel rooms the day tickets went on sale almost 12 months ago.
Full weekend in Perth with some golf on Saturday, a lot of beers, a sleep in on the Sunday with no kids to wake us up, an afternoon of footy and a lot more beers!!!!

Enjoy mate, nib is great stadium for watching RL. Head to the Queens on Beaufort street for lunch and beer if you're looking a pre game drink. About a 15min walk from the ground.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
NRL can become boring, same teams, predictable styles of play etc. With RLWC you never know what your getting and the players are playing with real pride in their jersey, not because Club A can pay them more than Club B. Love rep footy!
Spot on.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Enjoy mate, nib is great stadium for watching RL. Head to the Queens on Beaufort street for lunch and beer if you're looking a pre game drink. About a 15min walk from the ground.
Cheers, we usually go to The Brisbane before NRL games but we might give the queens a go this time.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Brisbanes good as well, with the spread of game time you should get in there ok, Queens does better food though!

Very exciting times, cannot wait for the opener tomorrow night. Heading down with mates to the AUS/FRA game next Friday in Canberra then off to the AUS/lebanese game the following week with the old man.

A little bit disappointed with some of the scheduling - would have loved to have seen the opening game be throwback to the history of the RLWC and have 60th anniversary match of the Australia V France game from 1957 RLWC, played at the SCG. Marketed correctly, I am certain it would have sold out. The AUS/ENG match could have then be saved for Week 2 in Melbourne to coincide with the Melbourne Cup. But beggars can't be choosers! Bring the on the International Rugby League Feast!!
The game from the 1957 RLWC which really shows how things have been allowed to drift at international level since the SLW was really Great Britain v France at the SCG which drew over 50,000 for a group game. Not bad for two neutral teams as with the flexible SCG Hill capacity that was essentially a sellout.

Latest posts