What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Am I ???

bartman

Immortal
emjaycee said:
OK - try this one.

I debuted for Parramatta in the year we won our third premiership and I played in only one grand final.

In my debut year I played only 5 games and over the next 3 years played 28 more for Parra.

I changed clubs and played more games in 2 years at my new club then i did at Parra.

I played more games in Canberra than I did in Parramatta yet i never played for Canberra.

Who Am I??

OK, I've been having a think... the Canberra thing is a bit of red herring, as this player must've played for us 83-86, and so could only have played 12-13 home games (in Parramatta) maximum - the other years we played at Belmore. If he didn't play many home games that year before leaving us (say less than half), then he could have played 6 away games in Canberra over his four years with us and two after that somewhere else.

Played in one grand final - we played 83 (unlikely for a debutante that year), 84 (more likely), 86 (unlikely, given his amount of home games played being small), or he could have played a grand final with his other club in 87 or 88... and not a forward.

If only I had all my old league programmes with me....!

bartman

Immortal
Big Mick Cronin, as opposed to Big Mick the forum member and Panthers fan?

OK, here's a question I hope that someone will get before the end of your day (I'll confirm at the end of my next day from over here):

I've found evidence of eight sports that used the old Cumberland Oval site between 1847 and 1981. First person to name all eight gets next turn!

Gronk

Staff member
I've found evidence of eight sports that used the old Cumberland Oval site between 1847 and 1981. First person to name all eight gets next turn!

1. Speedway
2. Cricket
3. Athletics
4. Horse Racing
5. Motor Cycle Racing
6. Rugby League
7. Rugby Union
8. Soccer
9. Boomerang throwing ;-)

parra pete

Referee
Referee Baiting and intoxication were two of my favourites..Ah the memories...I loved the Hill at Cumberland, scoreboard end, near the back gate....Tooheys Flag Ale..ICY COLD..The pitfalls of youth...
I don't think cricket or athletics, horse racing happened @ Cumberland
Definitely speedway, league, union.
And yes Suity, Ron is Mick's cousin.

denwatts

Juniors
The who am I about Ron Quinn..I think you will find he debuted for Parramatta in 1978 and he was a reserve forward in our lost to the dogs in 1984.He did not play in the 1983 grand Final.I think you will find that the reserve forwards that game on in the 1983 Grand Final were( Pebbles Laurie), and (Gary Martine).

Gronk

Staff member
Which Parra player represented his Country in 3 sports at senior level. Who is he and name the sports.

Stagger eel

Staff member
denwatts said:
Who am I
Australian forward and state lock played for Parra in the late 70's and early 80's

this is a trick, I'm pretty sure Peter Wynn played lock for NSW so I'll say him just to avoid the obvious answer ;-)